View Full Version : Micro Info Please
Chris-DC5
19-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Hello,
I am new to this fourum but have been racing Rc for a while now.
I race at Caldicot on a friday night with a B4.1 Buggy.
I would like to have a go at Making a 4WD Micro but need some info please.
Wheelbase??
Track??
Gear ratios used??
Final running weight??
Many Thanks
Chris
davidmog99
19-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Try ukmicrorc forum for info. All the current regulations on there.
A company called phatbodies makes a b4 based micro (2wd) called chunk.
Also a touring car based 4wd but i think this was just put together for his own entertainment. Its well worth a look. :thumbsup:
Body Paint
19-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Wheelbase?? 190mm max (get as close to this as you can)
Track?? 209mm max (200mm to 205mm seems optiamal)
Gear ratios used?? Internal ratio 2.5:1 IMHO
Final running weight?? 900g seems optimal power to weight ratio
Chris-DC5
19-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys,
Have had a bit of a brain wave on how to make the drive train.
will let you know when i have made some progress.
Thanks
Chris.
teamorsum96
19-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Wheelbase?? 190mm max (get as close to this as you can)
Track?? 209mm max (200mm to 205mm seems optiamal)
Gear ratios used?? Internal ratio 2.5:1 IMHO
Final running weight?? 900g seems optimal power to weight ratio
WOW,the lrp shark i race at my club is 900grams so it doest need a diet :)
mrspeedy
19-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I've usually got my custom 4wd micro, (Thud) with me when I visit Caldicot, your more than welcome to take a look ... :thumbsup:
but to give you some idea ....
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LsmIhDrqGIA/Tef3j1rXOAI/AAAAAAAAAg8/-z_ZitglHJk/IMG_5806.JPG
I like this shot best ...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZGZeM6IEHzM/Tef3NuNKEKI/AAAAAAAAAg4/NNmiox_7bTg/IMG_5809.JPG
Chris-DC5
19-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello MrSpeedy.
I have spoken to you beffore about Micros, Will have to have more talks as i want to get one but also want to build my own :)
Are you there next week??
Cheers.
Chris.
mrspeedy
20-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi Chris .... I'm always happy to talk micro's :)
We're away for a bit so won't be over till 9th July now ....
We can have a chat then if you're about ....
Chris-DC5
20-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Ok no problem Mate,
On the 4WD models what pinnion and spur are you using??
Cant wait to start making mine :)
It is going to be radical , whoo
adamjimny
30-06-2011, 10:30 PM
That micro you have pictured looks gorgous! What parts have you used chassis arms diffs etc cos I want one ha
danmurphy
01-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Thud's looking good :thumbsup: Do you have any test videos Simon?
baggy
05-07-2011, 11:00 PM
where did you get all that purple from and what rc cars can you get them for please. ive only seen silver or blue and i really like the purple :)
adamjimny
05-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Its schumacher mi3.5 touring car parts which come as standard in the kit. i read up on his build and was drooling
baggy
06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
will they go on other cars, say if you mod the shock tower. i noticed these ones are polycarb (which ive got to say look sweet) . would these hold up in off road.
adamjimny
06-07-2011, 06:04 AM
i have no idea as he made the micro buggy all custom but it may do who knows
ace028
13-02-2022, 10:12 PM
I've usually got my custom 4wd micro, (Thud) with me when I visit Caldicot, your more than welcome to take a look ... :thumbsup:
but to give you some idea ....
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LsmIhDrqGIA/Tef3j1rXOAI/AAAAAAAAAg8/-z_ZitglHJk/IMG_5806.JPG
I like this shot best ...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZGZeM6IEHzM/Tef3NuNKEKI/AAAAAAAAAg4/NNmiox_7bTg/IMG_5809.JPG
I know old thread, but do you have any more pics of this beautiful masterpiece? I really hope mini’s make a huge comeback!
nitrokillah
31-07-2022, 10:23 AM
It's deff schumacher Bassed . that little creation look awesome
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.