View Full Version : 19t gearing
blitzboy
11-01-2008, 11:31 PM
any one know what gearing is best for a 19t or a 12 double please :D
Adam Skelding
16-01-2008, 08:35 AM
19T or 12 Double hmmmmm.
12 Double: 23/24 tooth pinion would seem a good place to start.
19T: I really have no idea in the D4. The below advice is purely based on TC running but should hold true.
A lot depends on the make of motor.
Orion: Look for an overall ratio of about 7.00:1
Anywhere from 6.8:1 to 7.8:1 depending on how revvy ot torquey the motor is...
sosidge
16-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Having run a 19T a couple of time recently in buggies I've found that they don't pull a big gear like they can in a tourer, the extra weight and the need for more rip off the jumps seems to defeat them.
I would gear the 19 1 or 2 teeth higher than your 12. For comparison I have been running 19s at around 9.5:1 overall in a buggy. This is indoors by the way.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.