View Full Version : Lipo Fire! Photos
coleman758
20-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Well here you have it :)
3-weeks old...... Not a happy bunny! Big thanks to buds for ripping the fireball out of my car!
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/abodesofas/IMG_0217.jpg
Dazzler
20-06-2011, 05:29 PM
That's not pretty... where are the pics of the car and any other damaged bits?
Whiskers
20-06-2011, 05:29 PM
How did it happen?
coleman758
20-06-2011, 05:38 PM
haha! no one took any photos of the action! I was shouting off the rostrum! Unplug it!! and some guy turned it upside down for some reason??
Then me and buds ripped the car to bits to get the battery out!
It was crazy!
Dazzler
20-06-2011, 05:50 PM
But you didn't bin the car, so presume you can take a pic of the damage caused?
tisher
20-06-2011, 05:51 PM
how did that short out then:woot:
I think they should go back to the shop
coleman758
20-06-2011, 06:11 PM
But you didn't bin the car, so presume you can take a pic of the damage caused?
The car was ok, The Drive shaft & battery holder had all melted. (Yes a steel driveshaft melted!) but that was about it.
I spoke to the shop today, i'm taking them back tomorrow for them to have a look at. Hopefully they will sort it.
They are only 3-weeks old too! i'm gutted
coleman758
20-06-2011, 06:16 PM
how did that short out then:woot:
I think they should go back to the shop
Not a clue buddy!
It was only the one, the other was perfect, The ESC and Motor were fine too.
MikePimlott
20-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Not a clue buddy!
It was only the one, the other was perfect, The ESC and Motor were fine too.
Was it the back battery in a durango ?
This happens when the pin comes loose out the drive shaft and rubs through the lipo.
Or thats what ive seen happen before.
Bungleaio
20-06-2011, 06:31 PM
haha! no one took any photos of the action! I was shouting off the rostrum! Unplug it!! and some guy turned it upside down for some reason??
Then me and buds ripped the car to bits to get the battery out!
It was crazy!
To be fair I wouldn't touch it either. As you've said they burn hot, there's no way I'll be putting my hands in there.
rc_penguin
20-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Was it the back battery in a durango ?
This happens when the pin comes loose out the drive shaft and rubs through the lipo.
Or thats what ive seen happen before.
Was just about to say that myself. Seen one go like that at my local club due to the centre shaft acting like a chainsaw with the pin hanging out :bored:
Si Coe
20-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes it was another flammable Durango moment. Not helped by chief Fire Marshal Johnny's fire fighting tactic of flinging the smoking car as far away as possible!
Anyhow, I've nicked a fire blanket we can keep handy for future use in such cases.......
tisher
20-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Was it the back battery in a durango ?
This happens when the pin comes loose out the drive shaft and rubs through the lipo.
Or thats what ive seen happen before.
This is what I was thinking must have been somthing rubbing through the case to short it out. I did not think lipos just blow up on there own
tisher
20-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes it was another flammable Durango moment. Not helped by chief Fire Marshal Johnny's fire fighting tactic of flinging the smoking car as far away as possible!
Anyhow, I've nicked a fire blanket we can keep handy for future use in such cases.......
I will supply the fire truck:p
captainlip
20-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Haha tisher I like it! :D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.