PDA

View Full Version : Ansmann has got talent meeting


budfish
26-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Just noticed this in the ansmann forum woody plans to have this talent hunt on behalf of ansmann I don't really see what this has to do with bury metro apart from woody is our chairman.

I can't really see any benefit to the club by hosting this. The only benefactor is ansmann.

So when will this event be held? I hope it's not a Sunday

So will the entrants pay the usual £7 for visitors?

What's in it for bury metro?

Why haven't the members been balloted about said event?

??????

I reckon if ansmann was to offer the club a couple of rtr mad monkeys for first timers to try that would go a long way as gratitude to bury metro for hosting said event infact if ansmann do right by us we could run a annual ansmann meeting and they could supply the prizes .......... Just an idea

Buds

captainlip
26-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Minke may as we'll stay at home for this!

Thought it be something that would have been announced sooner

minke
26-06-2011, 06:40 PM
If you can't see what a packed race meet will do for the club bud then you must be blind. In fact what exactly have you done to improve club membership?

Bury metro was an obvious suggestion from stu, new track, needing new members etc. No date set, though a saturday sounds reasonable enough.

If you don't want to come then don't. Simple

I'd travel a fair distance to meet and race a few ansmann drivers, sounds good. If this is the reception they'd get then maybe another location would be for the best.

Stotty
26-06-2011, 07:23 PM
It would advertise the club.
But it would need to be on a non club day either that or if it was on a club day put all the people racing for the ansmann thing in there own heats.

budfish
26-06-2011, 07:44 PM
If you can't see what a packed race meet will do for the club bud then you must be blind. In fact what exactly have you done to improve club membership?

Bury metro was an obvious suggestion from stu, new track, needing new members etc. No date set, though a saturday sounds reasonable enough.

If you don't want to come then don't. Simple

I'd travel a fair distance to meet and race a few ansmann drivers, sounds good. If this is the reception they'd get then maybe another location would be for the best.

Mike what are you going on about you really are a couple of butties short of a picnic.
As for improving membership I have introduced drivers to the club leave it at that.
So you think the idea of having a ansmann annual meeting is in some way insulting you or giving people a bad reception I don't understand what your getting at really

To the point you shouting " turn it off and switch it back on" every round you race or some other problem you have with your buggys puts more racers off than anything else I hate being in a heat with you for those very reasons as does most of the club

You arse

Dudders
26-06-2011, 07:55 PM
My God!, Hope I never have or get the chance to race at Bury, you lot put the sport to shame :thumbdown:

Come to SHRCCC or TORCH and see how a proper meeting takes place with wit, humour and banter but all together a willingness to compete and support/help others.

Your poor, poor members must hang their heads at times :confused:

budfish
26-06-2011, 08:15 PM
What ever you say mr perfect:thumbsup:

Si Coe
26-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Not sure what its got to do with you Dudders!

As a rule I'm in favor of a big event that promotes the club and boosts membership. However, I'm not sure this event will actually do that.

The problem is that to do the job of promoting Ansmann properly, what is needed are people to run their cars from all over the country, and at lots of different clubs. The one club that doesn't need any more Ansmann sponsored drivers is Bury!
So it might attract lots of people to come and race here, but the whole point is they won't be coming back because they will be busy in future promoting Ansmann elsewhere.
That means the net gain for Bury is a single big meeting and possibly some space in the RC mags about the event.

I actually do quite like the idea, and I'm happy enough to be involved in organising it if Stu does want to use Bury, but there is value in questioning what in it for the club. We have been promised support in the past, but its never really shown up.

JonyNitro
26-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Me to would be good for the club? oh Si what about the science thing!! PM w0ody about it? Via JE :D so that means soonish

minke
26-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I've never said the phrase you just mentioned Bud. If you are referring to the heat where the speedo connection broke ( 3 camber links too surprisingly) that was also the day you trashed your lazer

If stu wants to hold the meeting at Bury then thats fine by me, just dont need the"'what's in it for me?" from the "I'm awesome" crowd.

The best part from the last meeting for me was helping the young lad with his rtr rat. Replaced his melted idler, showed him how to set the diff and slipper and asked rog if he could race. Before Phil chips in with another invaluble comment, I can build a solid diff, and havent had to touch any of mine in any of my cars. Hopefully the new guy turns up next week and I can show him some more stuff, just didnt have enough time.

Stu and Rob have been the main sources of help at my time at the club ( couple of other helpers I can't name). Everything else i've learnt and done myself.

Shame there is a minority who behave like prima donnas rather than helping someone establish themselves

tisher
26-06-2011, 08:27 PM
My God!, Hope I never have or get the chance to race at Bury, you lot put the sport to shame :thumbdown:

Come to SHRCCC or TORCH and see how a proper meeting takes place with wit, humour and banter but all together a willingness to compete and support/help others.

Your poor, poor members must hang their heads at times :confused:


DONT tanish everyone with the same brush fella I find bury a great family friendly club otherwise I would not take my six year old lad there. They have an amazing track and some top drivers and everyone is helpful and friendly and did metion the amazing new track you need to check it out you would enjoy it as much as we do:thumbsup:

budfish
26-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Not sure what its got to do with you Dudders!

As a rule I'm in favor of a big event that promotes the club and boosts membership. However, I'm not sure this event will actually do that.

The problem is that to do the job of promoting Ansmann properly, what is needed are people to run their cars from all over the country, and at lots of different clubs. The one club that doesn't need any more Ansmann sponsored drivers is Bury!
So it might attract lots of people to come and race here, but the whole point is they won't be coming back because they will be busy in future promoting Ansmann elsewhere.
That means the net gain for Bury is a single big meeting and possibly some space in the RC mags about the event.

I actually do quite like the idea, and I'm happy enough to be involved in organising it if Stu does want to use Bury, but there is value in questioning what in it for the club. We have been promised support in the past, but its never really shown up.


That's what I wanted to say but due to poor schooling it comes out a bit harsher!

I don't really buy into this it's good for the sport( don't think it's a sport anyway it's a hobby)and get fresh drivers ethos I go racing for me and only me I'm crap but it's time away from the kids and a good laugh I'm not looking to promote anything but myself and I think if other people was more honest with themselves they are the same as I


All I wanted to know was what's in it for bury metro??

budfish
26-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I've never said the phrase you just mentioned Bud. If you are referring to the heat where the speedo connection broke ( 3 camber links too surprisingly) that was also the day you trashed your lazer

If stu wants to hold the meeting at Bury then thats fine by me, just dont need the"'what's in it for me?" from the "I'm awesome" crowd.

The best part from the last meeting for me was helping the young lad with his rtr rat. Replaced his melted idler, showed him how to set the diff and slipper and asked rog if he could race. Before Phil chips in with another invaluble comment, I can build a solid diff, and havent had to touch any of mine in any of my cars. Hopefully the new guy turns up next week and I can show him some more stuff, just didnt have enough time.

Stu and Rob have been the main sources of help at my time at the club ( couple of other helpers I can't name). Everything else i've learnt and done myself.

Shame there is a minority who behave like prima donnas rather than helping someone establish themselves

Is that your practice speech for ansmann have talent??

minke
26-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Never will be good enough to race at a high level, or so the 'banter' goes. I race on a budget and dont have a lot of free time anyway. No, I havent applied, I'm a builder and tinkerer before a driver.

captainlip
26-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Hahaha mike you have just made my night! A builder not a driver! Try making a car that will last one heat!

And you giving advise out? Figure out how your gear works and runs first before giving out advice to others who might be mislead.

Back on topic though, this would be great for the club for seeing more people see what a good club we have!

And in response to dudders there is alot of bante on here and it's all harmless, come up to bury and you will see bury has some of the best members I've come across regardless of what's said on here!

I've been to other clubs and seen some right numptys compared to bury.

minke
26-06-2011, 09:53 PM
last meet going from memory here (b-max)

3 x 4th place finishes
1 x shock bottom stripped
1 x stripped spur (first time thats happened)

Laptop failure during final, I'm sure roger will confirm. Did 10 laps but final position unknown.

While i'm at it Phil maybe you could pipe down with the kamikaze comments since the last collision with you in my heat involved you ramming the back of my car at the entry to the cross humps. Afterwards johnynitro said I shoulda moved over, maybe so but I didnt see you closing. Gobbing off on the rostrum you have plenty of form for, and it amused me to see your other post calling others for the same thing.

captainlip
26-06-2011, 10:05 PM
3 x 4ths in the b class heat hahaha! The other one was on fire and he still finished ahead if you! Check the times!

And if people are telling you to move over shouldn't that mean your in people paths to often?

I'm leaving my talking to the race track now, if you claim your building is better than your racing that's almost laughable as I've forgotten the last time you finished a heat :D

If a car burns out in smoke and still beats you that raises some questions.

Anyway let get the event running so mike can receive sone build tips.

Col
26-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm leaving my talking to the race track now

That's always assuming you can overtake slower drivers without cutting the track... (just a rumour I heard once or twice)

captainlip
26-06-2011, 10:18 PM
No I don't cut the track to pass slower cars. Chinese whispers again

coleman758
26-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Haha calm down guys! It's only a commercial!

Saying that I did be you mike, and my car was very much on fire!

minke
26-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but pretty sure I was already out in that heat. I was on the track collecting the car from a marshal when I saw yours go. I got to watch buds flailing at it with pliers after it was removed from the track.

Tough car though. What was it melted strap, blackened shell and slightly melted cf brace? Unlucky. Thought it may have been caused by Phil shrapnel at first.

Maybe my b-max will die such a glorious death.

I think i'm done with this thread, I'll acknowlege we have some great drivers at bury, some just need to disconnect their tekins from their mouths

captainlip
26-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Off topic

coleman758
26-06-2011, 11:04 PM
My cars far far from dead :)

It's now better than ever! Bring on Sunday!

les
27-06-2011, 09:33 AM
i dont see a problem with ansmann running a open day at burys track it will just be like a normal meeting with everybody runing there own gear and if ansmann do donate some stuff to club it wont be a big deal to give everyone who turns up a free race meeting at the end of the day ansmann want drivers of all ability to race and use there products they are offering out drives that means discounts on stuff its going to help out people with the cost of racing so why cant bury help out ansmann and use the track its no big deal

mattb
27-06-2011, 10:47 AM
i dont see a problem with ansmann running a open day at burys track it will just be like a normal meeting with everybody runing there own gear and if ansmann do donate some stuff to club it wont be a big deal to give everyone who turns up a free race meeting at the end of the day ansmann want drivers of all ability to race and use there products they are offering out drives that means discounts on stuff its going to help out people with the cost of racing so why cant bury help out ansmann and use the track its no big deal

I agree les

captainlip
27-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I hope it gets the go ahead and see a strong turnout!

budfish
27-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Ansmann is a comercial enterprise and the whole reason they are involved in rc is to make money it's a multinational company.

Les I like your idea of running ansmann got talent as a free meeting so the bury members will pay for their days racing while the ansmann got talent lot race for free. Think it might rub the bury members up the wrong way who have given up their own time on a saturday and Sunday to sort all the manual work side ie steps, sand, markings are just a few of the things us as bury members have undertaken to make it possible.

I think it would be better for the club to run it as a normal meeting with normal prices at least the club will make money

Buds

woOdy
27-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Ansmann is a comercial enterprise and the whole reason they are involved in rc is to make money it's a multinational company.

Les I like your idea of running ansmann got talent as a free meeting so the bury members will pay for their days racing while the ansmann got talent lot race for free. Think it might rub the bury members up the wrong way who have given up their own time on a saturday and Sunday to sort all the manual work side ie steps, sand, markings are just a few of the things us as bury members have undertaken to make it possible.

I think it would be better for the club to run it as a normal meeting with normal prices at least the club will make money

Buds

Just to let everybody know, It was only an idea. There has been several clubs show an interest so if the Bury Members do not want to be involved then I am sure the other clubs will more than happy run the meeting for us.

Stotty
27-06-2011, 11:26 AM
A vote is needed by club members really to get this sorted.

captainlip
27-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd vote for it stu! But it be nice to see bury member having a free meet for the effort or setup of the track.

G-46
27-06-2011, 11:55 AM
This would be massive for the club

Yes club members would miss out on an afternoons racing and the income from it but look at the positives.

You would have around 100 new visitors to the club that may not normally race at Bury which could lead to new members.

Massive advertisement for the club (detail at time I can’t say) which again could lead to new members.

Plus what’s to stop you from trying out, you not got the balls

Yes I know I’m not a member but look at the positives

Si Coe
27-06-2011, 12:15 PM
It is true that the meeting would be good publicity - it would be nice to be asked though.

I think the meeting should be free to entrants - that is not the same as we lend out the track for free. Other clubs rent out their facilities for some event not run by them, or at the very least get a take of the entry fees. Nobody loans out their track for nothing.
It doesn't need to be cash though. A few bits and pieces we could give away as prizes for a series or grand prix event would be good enough.

budfish
27-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Just to let everybody know, It was only an idea. There has been several clubs show an interest so if the Bury Members do not want to be involved then I am sure the other clubs will more than happy run the meeting for us.

It would be nice to make an informed choice with all the facts infront of us.
And I can see some benefits from this to the club and individuals.

G-46
27-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I personally think that you all may have jumped to conclusions with this, Stu and Ansmann have only stated that they are only thinking of Bury and Harts as the two events.

I think then when they have a better idea and plan they will ask both clubs as a company, I know that Aansmann are having chats with Harts club just like Stu (Ansmann) will with Bury.

Dates have not even been looked at for the event and all is just Chinese whispers at the min. I would of thought that you as a club would love to have this massive event instead of just kicking it down..

les
27-06-2011, 01:37 PM
put on a good meeting and get some good publistiy and you never no bury might get a national meeting again or would the members not like that

budfish
27-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I personally think that you all may have jumped to conclusions with this, Stu and Ansmann have only stated that they are only thinking of Bury and Harts as the two events.

I think then when they have a better idea and plan they will ask both clubs as a company, I know that Aansmann are having chats with Harts club just like Stu (Ansmann) will with Bury.

Dates have not even been looked at for the event and all is just Chinese whispers at the min. I would of thought that you as a club would love to have this massive event instead of just kicking it down..


:thumbsup:

mattb
27-06-2011, 03:23 PM
It is true that the meeting would be good publicity - it would be nice to be asked though.

I think the meeting should be free to entrants - that is not the same as we lend out the track for free. Other clubs rent out their facilities for some event not run by them, or at the very least get a take of the entry fees. Nobody loans out their track for nothing.
It doesn't need to be cash though. A few bits and pieces we could give away as prizes for a series or grand prix event would be good enough.si i know no one rents out their track for nothing,but its not any old track to stu,i think he was probably thinking his mates at bury metro wouldent mind and help him out.

les
27-06-2011, 03:50 PM
its called bury metro buggy club so its has been funded and built by bury metro so that must mean its for all the comuinity to use its not privatley owned its not run as buiness so why does it alway have to make money everytime its used whats wrong with a few free meetings to get new people interested if they run the ansmann meet everyone will be welcome including all the bury members it would be a good day we could get the local paper down get it in the bury times i no someone who works there no probs no point in making loads of fuss over it just get it run have a good days racing and enjoy it after all its a hobby thats why we do it for fun

budfish
27-06-2011, 03:59 PM
its called bury metro buggy club so its has been funded and built by bury metro so that must mean its for all the comuinity to use its not privatley owned its not run as buiness so why does it alway have to make money everytime its used whats wrong with a few free meetings to get new people interested if they run the ansmann meet everyone will be welcome including all the bury members it would be a good day we could get the local paper down get it in the bury times i no someone who works there no probs no point in making loads of fuss over it just get it run have a good days racing and enjoy it after all its a hobby thats why we do it for fun

Just to add les is a ansmann sponsored driver bit of a conflict of intrest ?? For the points you are making

pugboy
27-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me to promote the Bury club and Ansmann all in one go IMHO, and I have no connection with Ansmann, I'm Losi til I die!

captainlip
27-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Just to add les is a ansmann sponsored driver bit of a conflict of intrest ?? For the points you are making

Pmsl!

tisher
28-06-2011, 06:12 AM
its called bury metro buggy club so its has been funded and built by bury metro so that must mean its for all the comuinity to use its not privatley owned its not run as buiness so why does it alway have to make money everytime its used whats wrong with a few free meetings to get new people interested if they run the ansmann meet everyone will be welcome including all the bury members it would be a good day we could get the local paper down get it in the bury times i no someone who works there no probs no point in making loads of fuss over it just get it run have a good days racing and enjoy it after all its a hobby thats why we do it for fun


Makes complete sense to me I would personally love to help out set up a day for ansmann I think it would be fantastic for the club and for people to get the chance to race on a fantastic track with a great atmosphere get it booked Stu :thumbsup:

captainlip
28-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Makes complete sense to me I would personally love to drive for ansmann I think it would be fantastic for myself and for people to get the chance to race on a fantastic track with ansmann get it booked Stu :thumbsup:

edited that for you :D

tisher
28-06-2011, 06:50 AM
edited that for you :D


yea I would or kyosho or losi or maybe even shumacher but its not going to happen so whats your point:confused:

maseace
28-06-2011, 07:29 AM
I think this thread is a shame to be honest it shows bury is a bad light and a track that is not welcomng to others. Just think if you were looking for a place to race and you read this thread I think you would be concerned to come to the track. And I bet like most other tracks you really need and welcome new members. I think the day is a great idea and the tracks picked should be proud that includes its members as a lot of them put in the hard work, and to get the track holding what will be like a national and people coming from all over the place can only be a good thing for the future.

captainlip
28-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Name what we should all be so ashamed of? If you've been to bury you wouldn't be writing those comment you've just put, all the lads are top and have a good bunch of friendly member!

But if you don't come and see bury for yourself rather than saying what you have just done then you will never know that you are missing out on probably the uks best astro track

Si Coe
28-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I think this thread is a shame to be honest it shows bury is a bad light and a track that is not welcomng to others. Just think if you were looking for a place to race and you read this thread I think you would be concerned to come to the track. And I bet like most other tracks you really need and welcome new members. I think the day is a great idea and the tracks picked should be proud that includes its members as a lot of them put in the hard work, and to get the track holding what will be like a national and people coming from all over the place can only be a good thing for the future.

I'm not sure it does. Well ok, yes it does because we are airing this in public, but I'm also willing to bet Batley or Southport won't be handing their track over gratis either. They, like us, would expect something in return. It might be publicity, it might be support for a series, it might be race fees - it doesn't really matter. Nobody does this for nothing.

The question then is, whats in it for the club? Whilst our members can enter the meeting for sure, I can safely say none of them need entertain any thoughts of Ansmann sponsorships. Why? Because if Stu was considering any of us he would have already approached us, he doesn't need an Ansmann recruiting day to do that.

So what is the benefit? Well if we charge normal race fees its financal clearly. My preferred choice would a couple of RTR's we can loan out plus maybe some banners for our fences etc which is more promotional.
Just getting people coming to race at the track is fine, but if they don't come back its pointless. Our new track has been around for a couple of months now and we have a NW regional on it soon. Anyone local enough to become a regular will have seen the track by then so there isn't much gain there. We might gain a few more occasionals but no new members.
Now if it was an annual event, and they stuck a flyer in every Madrat kit, then I'd be interested......

coleman758
28-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I think this thread is a shame to be honest it shows bury is a bad light and a track that is not welcomng to others. Just think if you were looking for a place to race and you read this thread I think you would be concerned to come to the track. And I bet like most other tracks you really need and welcome new members. I think the day is a great idea and the tracks picked should be proud that includes its members as a lot of them put in the hard work, and to get the track holding what will be like a national and people coming from all over the place can only be a good thing for the future.

Bury is a GREAT club, As i recall Buds asked a simple question of "What will it do for our club" thats all....

If you "concerned to come to the track" then don't. It will be your loss.

johnnygibbon
28-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah mint let's do it
Been looking forward to a big meeting on our track
Sponsorship of any form is cool
Freebies rule
Batteries motors and that for the lower finals and banners for the club
Stu. Will and ann sponsor a big air comp
Me and nitro are due a show down

woOdy
28-06-2011, 11:17 AM
I can not believe the way Bury Metro club members are acting!
I as the Chairman have been speaking to Ansmann about holding this meeting at our club and not one of you have asked ME about it!
Instead you have come on here and just sounded like you are all about money!
Me as the Ansmann Team Manager have had several offers of tracks around the area and they have not asked anything from Ansmann!

Remember, this is only an idea right now and things are not final. As soon as they are then we will tell the commitee of that club the details.

Its a shame this has happened as Magazines/TV/Papers and Oople have all been invited and its a shame it might not be at our new track now.:thumbdown:

The Bod
28-06-2011, 11:50 AM
I can not believe the way Bury Metro club members are acting!
I as the Chairman have been speaking to Ansmann about holding this meeting at our club and not one of you have asked ME about it!
Instead you have come on here and just sounded like you are all about money!
Me as the Ansmann Team Manager have had several offers of tracks around the area and they have not asked anything from Ansmann!

Remember, this is only an idea right now and things are not final. As soon as they are then we will tell the commitee of that club the details.

Its a shame this has happened as Magazines/TV/Papers and Oople have all been invited and its a shame it might not be at our new track now.:thumbdown:

I have to agree. This seems like a great opportunity for a large scale meeting at the new track but unfortunately all the dirty linen has been aired in public, again. Lets wait and see what is actually proposed before causing a stir.

tisher
28-06-2011, 12:02 PM
I think it will be a real shame of we did not have this day at our club why should we want something out of it? The fact that ansmann where thinking of using our club alone is enough.. If it was held there it would be great for our club. Threads like this just put the club down if people have an issue with this day why not ring stu direct why start a thread about it so everyone reads it. I just dont get it:confused:

budfish
28-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I think it will be a real shame of we did not have this day at our club why should we want something out of it? The fact that ansmann where thinking of using our club alone is enough.. If it was held there it would be great for our club. Threads like this just put the club down if people have an issue with this day why not ring stu direct why start a thread about it so everyone reads it. I just dont get it:confused:

Martin and Graham I do have a response for you and I'll give it to you both on Sunday dont wish put it on here my words will be taken out of context

Buds

Si Coe
28-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I can not believe the way Bury Metro club members are acting!
I as the Chairman have been speaking to Ansmann about holding this meeting at our club and not one of you have asked ME about it!
Instead you have come on here and just sounded like you are all about money!
Me as the Ansmann Team Manager have had several offers of tracks around the area and they have not asked anything from Ansmann!



I think thats the problem Stu. There is a conflict of interest going on here. You can't negotiate on both sides of the table!
Its true people should ask you. They don't - they ask me! And I say have they spoken to you, because I've not heard a single thing about it.
All this stuff could be avoided - you have a committee so talk to us. Then when people start raising doubts we can reassure them. Because the current answer of 'no idea, Stu hasn't told me!' does not instill confidence.
I'm sure this issue wouldn't even have arisen if it was a Schumacher talent event because there would be no questioning of priorities. In fact, for those reading this thread from other clubs etc - thats the point. If there wasn't a conflict of interests, the club would no doubt be behind this.

budfish
28-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I think thats the problem Stu. There is a conflict of interest going on here. You can't negotiate on both sides of the table!
Its true people should ask you. They don't - they ask me! And I say have they spoken to you, because I've not heard a single thing about it.
All this stuff could be avoided - you have a committee so talk to us. Then when people start raising doubts we can reassure them. Because the current answer of 'no idea, Stu hasn't told me!' does not instill confidence.
I'm sure this issue wouldn't even have arisen if it was a Schumacher talent event because there would be no questioning of priorities. In fact, for those reading this thread from other clubs etc - thats the point. If there wasn't a conflict of interests, the club would no doubt be behind this.

First I heard of it was when i saw in the ansmann section I think we could have been informed before posting his intentions/idea to everyone else

captainlip
28-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Regardless would be a cracking day

Whiskers
28-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I would really like to take part in this day but I can't get to it if it's not local, like Bury. This is why I suggested it and also because it is Stu's local track and the newest (and best!) in the north.

woOdy
28-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I think thats the problem Stu. There is a conflict of interest going on here. You can't negotiate on both sides of the table!
Its true people should ask you. They don't - they ask me! And I say have they spoken to you, because I've not heard a single thing about it.
All this stuff could be avoided - you have a committee so talk to us. Then when people start raising doubts we can reassure them. Because the current answer of 'no idea, Stu hasn't told me!' does not instill confidence.
I'm sure this issue wouldn't even have arisen if it was a Schumacher talent event because there would be no questioning of priorities. In fact, for those reading this thread from other clubs etc - thats the point. If there wasn't a conflict of interests, the club would no doubt be behind this.

I will say it again for you Si.

It was only an idea!

IF it was popular, then I would of spoken to the comittee of the club and we would of come to an agreement.

Anyway, dont worry about it anymore as this prooves that this club is not interested.
I have had several clubs offer there track so I will speak to them.

Sorry Whiskers:thumbdown: