PDA

View Full Version : shock lengths


tony6187
26-06-2011, 08:27 PM
hi all.was just having a lookat ellis's 2009 setup in which he gives the shock lengths.was just wondering where are these measurements taken from(e.g centre of top mounting screw to centre of bottom mounting screw)?

YoungChazz
27-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Exactly right, Tony. Except that we spell it "centER." LOL

NeilRalph77
27-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Exactly right, Tony. Except that we spell it "centER." LOL


Yep another word you get wrong!!!:p

Chippy96
27-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I used to work with an American chap,I always thought it quite funny that he spelt tyre,tire.....:D

YoungChazz
27-06-2011, 05:00 PM
"Why" would you put a "Y" in "tire?"

ian h
27-06-2011, 05:20 PM
"Why" would you put a "Y" in "tire?"

For the same reason there is a U in colour. It is just the right way to do it.:thumbsup:

Chippy96
27-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I can see this going on a bit.....:thumbsup:

rcjunky
27-06-2011, 09:03 PM
color-colour
tyre-tire
gear box-tranny

all the same thing :P but center-centre must be a french thing

NeilRalph77
28-06-2011, 01:50 PM
color-colour
tyre-tire
gear box-tranny

all the same thing :P but center-centre must be a french thing


And Aluminium?:thumbsup:

We must be right it's our Language:p

Darren Boyle
28-06-2011, 01:52 PM
LOL, I thought it was Alooo-min-um

YoungChazz
28-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Youse guys don't talk no 'Meracun. Ferin language.

rcjunky
28-06-2011, 03:19 PM
And Aluminium?:thumbsup:

We must be right it's our Language:p

Forgot about that one, I had a school teacher (french history/geography)that wrote in to Coca Cola as aluminum was spelled incorrectly on there can, he got a thank you letter back and that was it, and they fixed the can.

Chippy96
28-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Mind you,how can Petrol be "Gas"?:lol:

markwilliamson2001
29-06-2011, 06:14 AM
To quote Eddie Izzard: "Its our language, you f***ing ruined it" LOL

Dyna
30-06-2011, 09:57 PM
I think David Mitchell sums up the American / English langauge differences perfectly.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw