View Full Version : Surrey and Hants grass set up
focusmad
27-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I am of to surrey and hants tomorrow nite,need a good set up for this track there were a couple of x6sq in the A final at the GP meeting down there if any of the drivers that were there can help would be brillent
cheers chris
Dudders
27-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Chris,
I'll email Darren Boyle at DMS Racing he ran an X6 with Kevin Hunt winning in one.
Let you know.
N
If I can work out how to attach a file I'll post my winning setup on here. Failing that pm me your email address and i'll send it to you that way.
To be honest I didnt change much from my standard setup - I just shorted the wheel base to help as the track started to wear through the day.
Darren Boyle
27-06-2011, 06:24 PM
FOCUSMAD, the "Ellis" set up you have used from the "astro set up" thread will be very close to what you need, it is what I used all day at SHRCCC except for going short wheelbase the same as Kev afer Ellis advised us to on the phone when talking to him.... made the car much better on the bumpy stuff
focusmad
27-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for your help but when you say shorter wheelbase is that moving the rear arms forward as the hub is right forward now?
cheers chris
Darren Boyle
27-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi Chris, yes short on the wishbone as well as on the hub end too....
focusmad
27-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Cheers for your help will try it tomorrow night at shrccc,have problems get springs for my shocks need black front springs can you help me out??
chris
Darren Boyle
27-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Got plenty of blacks in stock mate... part number A5135 on our website
focusmad
29-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Just would like to say a big thank you to everyone that helped me out with setting up my x6squared for surrey and hants, raced there last nite put it 3rd in the A final and got 2 by the end of the race well happy now
Chris
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.