View Full Version : Tyres/Inserts for 22
HyperDunley
29-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Just startd the build of my 22. I want to buy some tyres and inserts, but being fairly new to 1/10th I wondered what the favoured combo's are for the 22. Also, what size front wheels/tyres, 2 or 2.2.....
I will be mainly racing on carpet or astro. Any help appreciated :thumbsup:
Thanks
JamieP
29-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi there,
For carpet I would suggest running,
Yellow minipins + inserts on the rear
Yellow cut staggers w/o inserts on the front
as far as wheels go, just stick to the ones you get in the kit!
-Jamie
HyperDunley
29-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Yellow minipins + inserts on the rear
Yellow cut staggers w/o inserts on the front
What inserts mate? Which ones do you use?
Ta
JamieP
29-06-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm running medium inserts on the rear!
-Jamie
AfroP
29-06-2011, 11:27 AM
yellow mini pins or spikes on the rear with medium inserts
and cut staggers or mini spikes on the front
some prefer to use the fronts with no foams but others use medium
minty
29-06-2011, 05:39 PM
for indoor carpet, i like to use minipins front and rear with medium inserts.
Just startd the build of my 22. I want to buy some tyres and inserts, but being fairly new to 1/10th I wondered what the favoured combo's are for the 22. Also, what size front wheels/tyres, 2 or 2.2.....
I will be mainly racing on carpet or astro. Any help appreciated :thumbsup:
Thanks
Use the kit wheels, so you can match up easily with other 22 setups.
For carpet I'd recommend a schumacher Mini Pin in Yellow compound for the rear, for the front you have a choice between a slim mini pin, stagger rib, or cut stagger rib depending on how much steering you want.
As for Astro the choice would generally fall between a Schumahcer mini spike in yellow for the dry and green for the damp, again you could match this with a mini spike front tire or one of the two types of stagger rib. On some astro tracks it's also known that Ballistic Buggy Spikes work well.
I'd visit your track and speak to some of the guys that race before investing in any tire choice.
As for foams, the only ones I ever use are http://www.mroracing.com/foam-inserts.html
HyperDunley
30-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Cheers for your replies folks.
I will get a set of mini pins and mini spikes to start off with. I use these on my 8th scale too, they will just be smaller versions lol :thumbsup:
Belsten
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
As for inserts, again I would deffo recommend Mr O Foams, link as posted above :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.