PDA

View Full Version : PayPal "gift" option disappeared...


SHY
29-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I lost this approx 1 year ago... anyone else experienced this? And why? :confused:

Dudders
29-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Depends who you pay doesnt it? I used it last week...

tomtom
29-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Strangely enough the Paypal apps didn't show the gift options so I almost never use this option and paid taxes, found that it's only available on the Paypal website.

Steven Forster
29-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Was ok for me on thursday/friday last week............:confused::confused::confused:

damselfly
30-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Paypal have been known to take the option from those who they deem are abusing the option.
Not saying you're doing this, but do you make lots of paypal gift payments?
Paypal, after all, are only really interested in customers from whom they can get fees from (goods, etc..)
There is a url called paypalsucks as well as another site I can't recall that's documented this.
In the past they've limited my account for all kinds of silly reasons.

SlowOne
30-06-2011, 05:16 AM
If you pay gift, the fees are taken from your account, not the sellers. Isn't it more likely to be that paying for goods using gift is now against the Paypal Rules, so if you're abusing it they withdraw the facility?

adon30
30-06-2011, 05:57 AM
There are no fees taken for Paypal gift if you use your balance or a debit card. It is the same as doing a bank transfer but just through Paypal.

If you use a credit card there are fees associated which you must pay.

Either way the person receiving the money pays no fees.


The payment option for gift should be under the personal tab when sending money.

SHY
30-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Paypal have been known to take the option from those who they deem are abusing the option.
Not saying you're doing this, but do you make lots of paypal gift payments?
Paypal, after all, are only really interested in customers from whom they can get fees from (goods, etc..)
There is a url called paypalsucks as well as another site I can't recall that's documented this.
In the past they've limited my account for all kinds of silly reasons.

Thx! My guess is this is the answer. I know where the option used to bee :D And it's long gone now... And I never really gave a gift...

I'll just have to pay then with a smile :lol:

Yes I am a heavy user / abuser :lol: