PDA

View Full Version : TLR 22 - chassis issue


chapuza
29-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I bought my first TLR 22 about two months ago, the second one last week. Both kits came with a twisted chassis, the first one was just bent slightly, the one I received last week looks horrible, there is a difference of aprox. 2-3 degrees between the front and rear axle planes - totally unacceptable for a high performance offroad buggy that is advertised as a 30-year buggy (r)evolution, bla, bla...

I lost my motivation and have not yet started assembly. It seems to be a serial failure and the result of a poor production process / quality control.

Have other people experienced the same problem?

stegger
29-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Have you taken it back to where you bought it from or contacted horizon hobby about the problem ?

chapuza
29-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes, I have, and they said they will send me a new chassis if I can provide an invoice - which I can't as I bought it off a guy on ebay - but the car was new and sealed.

However, that's not the issue. I am interested in finding out whether I had bad luck with these two kits or whether there has been a whole batch of twisted chassis. Nobody here at Oople seems to have had any complaints - which I find surprising! Any buggy, especially the high performance ones, should have a straight chassis to start with.

Martyn (Bomber)
29-06-2011, 07:24 PM
For your records I have two losi 22's, one about three months old and one about two weeks old, both perfect.

chapuza
29-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Could you (and future posts) post the chassis serial number? Mine is 22B1003358. Thanks!

Gusi
29-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Mine is 22B1004485. Slightly twisted (resting on a flat surface, the rear was raised on the right about 1mm) but I think it's inside tolerance metrics (although at first I was quite dissapointed)

Martyn (Bomber)
29-06-2011, 08:41 PM
One of mine is 22B1002096, the other has a brass under lipo weight stuck over the top of the chassis number, sorry.

RDG 40
29-06-2011, 10:49 PM
people can reseal packets in theory if they were that way inclined, they may have known.

maybe just me being sinecal but ....

chapuza
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Horizon has sent me a new chassis - and guess what, it is straight! :D

stegger
03-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Horizon has sent me a new chassis - and guess what, it is straight! :D

Alls good then, result :thumbsup: