PDA

View Full Version : TLR Big Bores on Ellis car


markwilliamson2001
01-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Just seen some pictures from the TLR super cup at EPR, and noticed Ellis was running the TLR big bores.
How were they? And what springs/pistons did you end up running?

CheerS
Mark

Big E
01-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Ive been running these on and off since they came out.

Got them pretty good now but I have modified them so I can bleed them correctly.

Same springs as the small Losi shocks and stock 55 pistons in the front and 5556 pistons in the rear. 35wt front and 27.5 rear oil.

I've tried tapered etc pistons but prefer the standard shaped ones.

E.

stegger
01-07-2011, 07:17 AM
E how have you moded them ?

njc11
01-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Ive been running these on and off since they came out.

Got them pretty good now but I have modified them so I can bleed them correctly.

Same springs as the small Losi shocks and stock 55 pistons in the front and 5556 pistons in the rear. 35wt front and 27.5 rear oil.

I've tried tapered etc pistons but prefer the standard shaped ones.

E.

:o your running " slow bores " :o :p lol!

adey
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
where are the pics from the epr ?

Delves
01-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Full report can be found here, along with the galleries;

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/d_breaking_news/d_articles/d_articles_pg5.html

MHeadling
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Just to be sure, Big E is running, black front spring and pink rear?

/tobys
09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Thats what da man said :lol:

I've been running the same Black/Pink spring combo on my X6 with TLR Big Bores and they seem fine, so far.

brokkenpiloot
10-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Looks like bleed a screw in the top cap. Can you explain how you did that?