View Full Version : rebound
jonathan may
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
how much shock rebound are people running on there shocks.
stegger
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
100% at the moment. But may experiment on sunday !
Fred79
01-07-2011, 10:35 PM
I would say NONE at all.....
Just my 2 c.:cool:
Gnarly Old Dog
02-07-2011, 08:43 AM
NONE from my side also :thumbsup:
Although sometimes I do build with approx 10mm of rebound as that can help in certain situations;)
stegger
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM
On 100% is that why the car is unsettled over ripples and the like ?
rcjunky
02-07-2011, 05:18 PM
One of the best rc drivers in Canada who lives really close to me says to always run 0 rebound, any rebound makes it harder to drive and harder to adjust, with no rebound you let the springs do there job.
Gnarly Old Dog
02-07-2011, 05:25 PM
On 100% is that why the car is unsettled over ripples and the like ?
Try it Steve - build your shocks with no rebound and see what the difference is. I think you'll like it.
When I bleed mine, I tend to do it with the piston almost fully compressed - that way, you end up with near-zero rebound.
Of course the bleed screw mod that Ellis has done makes the bleeding process easier (when running emulsion shocks) and even though I have a set of modded piston caps (thanks E), I'm already eying up the RTR shock caps and anxiously waiting for their arrival:thumbsup:
But I digress - build em up with near- zero rebound Steve and it's a whole world of difference:thumbsup::thumbsup:
stegger
02-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Will do andy :thumbsup: Yeh i seen those plastic caps on the RTR, would that be like the AE shocks but with no bladder ?
JamieP
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Feels like a bit of a stupid question but how do you build you shocks with zero rebound?
i run on an indoor carpet track with little to no jumps and bumps, rather tight and twisty, would zero rebound make a difference?
-Jamie
Fred79
02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Feels like a bit of a stupid question but how do you build you shocks with zero rebound?
i run on an indoor carpet track with little to no jumps and bumps, rather tight and twisty, would zero rebound make a difference?
-Jamie
Was no easy way to explain so here is a very good video by Mr. Adam Drake about how to build shocks with or without rebound....
Enjoy man ;)
Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJy7kreK90
.
wacattack
03-07-2011, 08:25 AM
100% at the moment. But may experiment on sunday !
:o the car will have a very inconsistent feeling with 100% rebound
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.