PDA

View Full Version : Sanwa Gemini


The Chef
07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I have a sanwa Gemini that I love dearly and just wondered if it at all possible to get a 2.4 conversion for it. Anyone know?

Thank you

Col
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I haven't looked into it, but wouldn't have thought it easily possible as it doesn't have a module that can be swapped.

The Chef
07-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I thought that might be the case. But thought that I'd ask. Didn't know if anyone was doing such a conversion.

daz
07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
You could cut a hole in the back like you have to on a Ko esprit 2. But I think where the screen is located on the Gemini this would cause problems. Anyway is there any need to convert, I have never had interference with my Gemini and as 90% of racers are now 2.4G I never need to change crystals.

The Chef
07-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Just asking the question. It isn't so much the hand set more that I could do with a Micro micro receiver.

What hand set does Rob Elms run does anyone know or Dudders what do you run?

daz
07-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Im one of the weird ones who had a Ko esprit 2 converted to spectrum, didnt like the feel of it so went back to my trusty antique Gemini.

The Chef
07-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I love the feel of my Gemini it is a top quality feeling unit.:thumbsup:

Steveonamission
07-07-2011, 11:31 PM
They have released a 2.4 version of it, being a gemini X. If you ever wanted to treat yourself.

Dyna
08-07-2011, 09:02 AM
I tried a few new transmitters but they dont seem to suit my hands as nice as my trusty old Gemini 2, so im still using it.

But as has already been mentioned, you rarely have to change crystals anymore anyway and spare receivers are nice and cheap to put in other cars to save swapping them around :thumbsup:

CAT3K
08-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I've used my Gemini 2 for years, I tried the KO Esprit 2 and didn't like it, but recently bought the Sanwa Exzes X 2.4ghz, feels just like my Gemini and a great radio.

Col
08-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Think I'll be buying one of these when my gemini dies...

http://www.rcmodelstore.com/catalog/images/large/SR-101A30471A.jpg

migsy
08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
gemini 2 is top notch, i'll never part with it.:thumbsup:

Col
08-07-2011, 04:55 PM
gemini 2 is top notch, i'll never part with it.:thumbsup:

That's my problem - I have parted with it twice! There's only so many times it can be rebuilt and still work!

The Chef
09-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Concidering the KO pro Esprit 3 after using Freddies tonight. Thank you to everyone that helped me tonight.:thumbsup:

Col
09-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I used one at last years oOple race. It was nice, but is it really worth nearly £300 more than a gemini? I think not