PDA

View Full Version : Xray 808 jumping.


Nas
09-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi guys ive been having some problems with the way my 808 jumps. It just feels really bad at jumping ( its not me lol)

I have changed all the shock oils to 35wt.

Is there anything else i can do to improve its jumping?. I am running a Proline high downforce wing is that effecting it?

Thanks

Jason A
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
What problems ie what happens when jumping?

subaru bren
09-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Is there anything else i can do to improve its jumping?.

yes there is sell it and buy a losi 2.0 eu :thumbsup:

Nas
09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
The problem when its jumping is that it straight away goes backwards if you know what i mean. It tilds backwards i tried to control it but i cant.

Losi- never i had one and didnt like it, lol Xray for the win :thumbsup:

Jason A
09-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Are you letting go of throttle before the jump

***read very important***
You need to go towards jump and slightly before jump let
Go of throttle and don't touch again till car is landing.


The only time need to adjust is as per below
(1)If your cars front is up slightly brake to bring front down
(2)If you cars front is going down slighty bit throttle to bring
Back up


I am sure this advice will help

Nas
09-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Thank you very much i have noticed my mistake i keep on the throttle when i am jumping sometimes and my ride height was a touch to low.

Thanks very much :thumbsup::thumbsup:

smartyblueracer
26-07-2011, 08:08 PM
hi buddy something else on jumping....

ride height / front and rear droop / wheelbase / spring stiffness especially front..

25mm front 27 rear

alot of people run full droop i always ran hardly anything ie nearly flat front

short wheel base transfers weightforward car should jump flatter, flick steering left and right alters the yaw,,, rotating spining wheels effect the flight path

lots of people use silver and grey springs for big jumps you may need the blue.


best thing is to try a few things and get track time over those jumps.

throttle control is key, blip power on upto jump, if it tips back hit the brake and it will rotate forward....enjoy

estebandonde
26-07-2011, 08:24 PM
make sure your clutch is spot on. poor clutch = poor control in the air

MALLET
26-07-2011, 08:32 PM
I have been racing for the past 3 years. I thought of making a small business down at the race track fixing people's rc problems and a rc cleaning service, and it turned out quite well. So i am creating this website to promote my business. I am also a sponsored Team driver.


Team drivers should be telling people what they need to know, so whats the problem?

bert digler
26-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Team drivers should be telling people what they need to know, so whats the problem?

:lol: thats ace

Nas
26-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I am going to say nothing but Mallet your a barsard. :thumbsup:
Team drivers also need help sometimes.

MALLET
26-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Sorry Nas, but it just tickled me pink after I read both of your threads. :lol: :lol:

Nas
26-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Don't worry about it. :thumbsup: i don't mind+care about any of your comments.

Mgtuser
26-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Don't worry about it. :thumbsup: i don't mind+care about any of your comments.

after asking the question you have about jumping and being a sponsored team driver i dont think people care about yours either! :lol::thumbsup:

Nas
26-07-2011, 09:51 PM
As i said before Team drivers aren't perfect they need help too.

MALLET
26-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll have to have a word with Greg and hope that you are not on our team :thumbsup: its ok as I can put this up as you wont read it anyway :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nas
26-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I am a Team driver for Outlaw Graphics who the hell is Greg?

I clearly wrote this on my website too. I said: I am also a sponsored Team driver for Outlaw Graphics.

Oh and your Oople Avatar describes you very well. Your a nasty Bully :)

MALLET
26-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I am a Team driver for Outlaw Graphics who the hell is Greg?

I clearly wrote this on my website too. I said: I am also a sponsored Team driver for Outlaw Graphics.

Oh and your Oople Avatar describes you very well. Your a nasty Bully :)

Ha Ha

Mgtuser
26-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I am a Team driver for Outlaw Graphics who the hell is Greg?

I clearly wrote this on my website too. I said: I am also a sponsored Team driver for Outlaw Graphics.

Oh and your Oople Avatar describes you very well. Your a nasty Bully :)

No hes not, your just a young immature Kid who doesnt know the difference between your backside or your elbow!! :thumbsup:

Nas
26-07-2011, 10:15 PM
love is in the airrrrrrrrrr :wub Mgtuser Seems like you got a crush mate :)