View Full Version : Long chassis Rb5
Moose
11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I found some pics on redrc in the HRH Shootout report that confused me.
The Tebo car looks longer than usually or is it just the body?
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/IMG_6987.jpg
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/IMG_6881.jpg
The Cavalieri B4 looked a bit strange too. Battery posts back like the T4 used to have it
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/IMG_6810.jpg
/tobys
11-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Liking the rear topdeck on Tebo's FS2 - I've been thinking along some similar lines myself.
I wonder if it is made by anyone or is a custom job?
Moose
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
most likely its a kyosho part. All the MP9 parts Tebo used before the worlds were in the new kit.
Wonder if the SP3 will have the big bore shocks in the kit and how long they will be. The rear shock tower looks like the old RB5 one.
Does anybody know whether Tebo used the FS2 steering on the RB5 for the warm up?
RogerM
11-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Not sure what you mean by "FS2 steering on the RB5"?
Looks like the car is standard length to me, just the fugly shell making it look like it's been trampled by wild beasts.
seankyew
11-07-2011, 12:23 PM
If you look through the front window, it does not look like a standard rb5 chassis. According to some postings on rctech, Tebo is trying out a longer chassis at the Hot Rod Hobbies shootout.
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/IMG_6528.jpg
/tobys
11-07-2011, 12:25 PM
thats probably why there are no "shell off" pics then... :p
Moose
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I tried to measure the chassis by the size of the wheels and it is less than I thought maybe 1cm
@RogerM: I wonder if the FS2 is better for a longer chassis, but I didnt try it jet because I dont have a FS2 here
btw the gunmetal alloy looks ace much better than the blue
looking close to the body you can see it is cut maybe 5mm offset to the cutlines.
Moose
17-07-2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.racegallery.dk/gallery119/images/DSC_0166.JPG
this is not Tebo's car but Tebo uses the same black driveshafts.
King uses the silver stock ones. Both on long chassis I think
http://www.racegallery.dk/gallery119/images/DSC_0162.JPG
njc11
17-07-2011, 04:38 PM
We need more pics!! of all the new stuff theyve developed!
Any new stuff for FS2?
The RB5 above.. that carbon deck is to minimize flex?? chassis doesnt look any longer?? Rear Tower looks similar to short SP2 one ust " beefed " up!
:thumbsup:
NitroArgi
17-07-2011, 09:07 PM
We need more pics!! of all the new stuff theyve developed!
Any new stuff for FS2?
The RB5 above.. that carbon deck is to minimize flex?? chassis doesnt look any longer?? Rear Tower looks similar to short SP2 one ust " beefed " up!
:thumbsup:
Hey Nick
Tebo said that chassis is standard length....what about the rear tower? Is the lower one any different in performance?
le_sam
19-07-2011, 08:58 AM
perhaps a RT5 châssis ;)
njc11
20-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Ive seen some other pics of these cars and it looks as though the motor/gearbox have been moved further back... look at the gap between the shock tower and motor.. looks more..
So i reckon a new chassis supplied with top deck (same size chassis) but with a new/different T-Plate, rear shock tower and rear bulkhead! :D
:thumbsup:
Rear shock position looks really B4-ish with a more vertical position and the bottom screw under the arm (if that makes sense).
Dufty07
23-07-2011, 04:22 PM
That is a FUGLY shell though!!!:woot:
I'm getting sick of this cab-forward nonsense :thumbdown:
Moose
31-07-2011, 08:08 PM
http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/gallery/2011-ifmar-ep-offroad-world-championships/mon-evanskingcar.jpg
i dont know why the rb5 looks so much longer ... I have the same body on my rb5 and it looks shorter but this shows pretty good that it seems standart length. Even the strange cut body makes sense, it just fits better this way
t8rtot
31-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Go back and read the reports.. The teams did have stretched chassis, the body manufacturers changed the molds to fit the longer cars
Moose
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I only read this about the B4 bodies. Thanks for the information. But really hard to see. In which report was this info?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.