View Full Version : SHOW US YOUR LOSI 22 CONVERSIONS
cr1tch
14-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I might as well start this thread, i have just got My stealth Chassis today and its pritty awsome.(thanks Ross Mods) Looks very good very good with all my Black alloy parts in my other thread http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74913. The Standard shell fits with a bit of cutting near to spur cover, but i have my saddle cells normal and not side by side. as of yet!!!!
So my Car now has......
Black Stealth Chassis
Black Alloy Rear Blocks
Black Alloy Pivot Block
Black Allot Steering Rack
Black Alloy Front Camber Block
All looking very Stealthy.:thumbsup:
coleman758
15-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Looks nice that buddy! need a nice Black/Chrome pro painted shell :thumbsup:
Wacker1
17-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi all,
I thought that it was about time that I Posted some Pics of my Atomic Carbon Tardis Conversion Kit for the Losi 22 Buggy.
........& here it is!!:thumbsup:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/AtomicCarbonTardis22Ver2067.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/AtomicCarbonTardis22Ver2068.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/170720110151.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/17072011013.jpg
This Conversion Kit transforms the Car into a totally different Machine, making you feel that your not even Driving a Losi 22!!
My previous Car was an Atomic Carbon CR2, which I found amazing, but the Tardis 22 takes it another Level again!!
In my opinion, the Tardis has all the Stability of a CR2, but with more Rear Traction, noticeably more Steering, Jumps loads better & literally floats over Bumps as if they were'nt there!
Well worth the £140 Price Tag!:cool:
As the Lipos have been pushed right back against the Motorplate, Rotated round & as low as possible(flat to the Chassis) + the Chassis being 10mm Shorter at the back, the Tardis generates more Rear Traction than any other 2WD Mid-Motor Configuation Buggy I've Driven! I also think that the amount of Flex that the Carbon Fibre Chassis has at the Rear, helps give massive amounts of Grip on Low-Grip Tracks! The crazy thing is that it still has bucket loads of Steering as well!
By the way, just out of Intrest, I had my Tardis 22 Mounted on 4 Scales the other week, to Compare against a Standard Losi 22 in Mid-Motor Configuration - surprisingly, even against a fully Weighted up Losi 22, inc the TLR Brass Rear Weight Kit, according to the Scales, the Tardis 22 had 50g extra Weight pushing down on each of the Rear Wheels!!
.........& thats without even running the TLR Brass Rear Weight Kit!
jonathan may
17-07-2011, 08:09 PM
cant wait to get mine also got a stealth chassis too so i can compare the two conversions
millser
18-07-2011, 05:51 PM
thats just greedy jon :)
jkclifford
18-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Looks great.
Shouldn't the rear chassis brace be positioned 90 degrees to the forces acting on it? Surly being positioned at an acute angle this will result in the chassis twisting when the rear is loaded?
Chequered Flag Racing
18-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Shouldn't the rear chassis brace be positioned 90 degrees to the forces acting on it? Surly being positioned at an acute angle this will result in the chassis twisting when the rear is loaded?
is it possible to mount one to the right to balance things out ?
stegger
18-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Looks great.
Shouldn't the rear chassis brace be positioned 90 degrees to the forces acting on it? Surly being positioned at an acute angle this will result in the chassis twisting when the rear is loaded?
Couldn't the gearbox end of the rod be mounted in the center of the gearbox ? By cutting into the gearbox halfs :D
jkclifford
19-07-2011, 12:34 PM
for £140 Shouldn't this have already been addressed?
Wacker1
19-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I can assure you that the Tardis Handles Amazing & does'nt have any Twisting issues!:thumbsup:
As 'Chequered Flag Racing' mentioned, you could Fit another one on the other side to make it Symmetrical, if you really wanted too!:cool:
Personally, I like the look of the one Turnbuckle at an Angle!:thumbsup:
andys
19-07-2011, 06:24 PM
So it flexes to create grip, but doesn't twist !
I think the brace looks poor, I love Jonathans creations, but this looks a bit cheap for a £140 conversion IMO.
jonathan may
19-07-2011, 06:40 PM
i would modify the side pods and use the standard plastic brace i no its not ideal.
would think for the price the brace would be included.
speartooth is the same price and comes with lots more and a undertray.
OldTimer
19-07-2011, 07:08 PM
If you use the plastic part that goes over the motor from the gearbox and bolts to the chassis then you are defeating one of the main points of the conversion, and also it will not fit ;)
The turnbuckle can me parallel to the lipos if you are happy to remove a little bit of material from the gearbox halves, the choice is yours.
Btw the speartooth costs more ;) and our undertray is part of the design of the conversion lol
jkclifford
20-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Doesn't the 22 come with a standard conversion kit to put more weight on the back wheels?
markwilliamson2001
20-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes, but most of that weight is behind the rear axle!
The Tardis has also achieved more lateral roll in the corners this way, which can give a car more 'feel'.
Seems more like the X6 and Centro setup now IMO!
:)
cryer-evo
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
my losi 22
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/cryer-evo/losi22001.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/cryer-evo/losi22002.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/cryer-evo/losi22003.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/cryer-evo/losi22004.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/cryer-evo/losi22005.jpg
SamRCRacing
11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81152 look at my home made conversion at bottem.
jeffrey
13-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I will show my tardis here as well
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/35/img3903dh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/img3903dh.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7159/img3899x.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/img3899x.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1437/img3871n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/img3871n.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7069/img3872f.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/img3872f.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7176/img3875q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/img3875q.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
dirk702
13-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I will show my tardis here as well
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/35/img3903dh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/img3903dh.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7159/img3899x.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/img3899x.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1437/img3871n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/img3871n.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7069/img3872f.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/img3872f.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7176/img3875q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/img3875q.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)
Very nice tardis 22 !
rcjunky
16-10-2011, 08:31 PM
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv323/rcjunky1/IMG_2161.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv323/rcjunky1/IMG_2166.jpg
I can sell those brakets if there is any interest. I fliped the rear arms around, moved the shocks to the front of the tower, moved the outer ballstud to the forward most hole, and got tose brakets made to move the camberlink directly forward. It works miracles.
kayce
17-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Since the concept (straightening the camber links) touted above was superceeded by my own design two weeks earlier, and since they're very easy to make yourself using some scrap 2mm G10 or CF (and a dremel), I will happily offer scale drawings and simple instructions to anyone FREE of charge. :thumbsup: Just send me a PM with your email addy.
VikNor
03-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I would like some info on this mod. Did he get to help anyone before he was banned?
rcjunky
04-07-2012, 03:04 AM
its just a peice of 2mm material with some holes drilled to move the ball stud forward and raises it 2mm like most set ups. I have some special brackets made to keep it at stock height and ran the ball stud all the way down, I might be able to get a few if your interested.
Robby
04-07-2012, 03:46 AM
its just a peice of 2mm material with some holes drilled to move the ball stud forward and raises it 2mm like most set ups. I have some special brackets made to keep it at stock height and ran the ball stud all the way down, I might be able to get a few if your interested.
No need to pay you when people with a little ingenuity and 2mm material can make their own.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.