View Full Version : Rear Inner Hinge Pin to Shock Shafts
markwilliamson2001
21-01-2008, 09:29 AM
I have the atomic carbon rear brace, but have also changed to flipped rear blocks. While I have not had the the rear brace come off yet, I think it could be made a little more secure!! Someone suggested using Rear shock shafts with a e clip on the front of the pivot block and a nut on the rear, outside the brace. Does anyone know which shock shafts are required? 1.0" or 1.2"?
Thanks
Mark
barnyard
21-01-2008, 12:33 PM
i used the ones outta the rear xx4 shocks (think 1.2 but check)
i put a nut on the threaded end then trimmed to length with a dremmel, i tried the e-clips but kept loosing them.
you can also use the rear hinge pins from the XXX that are designed for clips
niggs98
21-01-2008, 05:27 PM
or you can raise the rear bumper with a b spacer which lines it all back up to stop it from falling off
markwilliamson2001
21-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I had considered that Niggs, but it would mean a gappy bumper at where it meets the chassis. This would be an area for dirt to build up I would imagine!
Thanks for the suggestion anyhoooo
Cheers,
Mark
tyreman
21-01-2008, 07:58 PM
You want Losi part A6092, these hinge pins have eclips at both ends and are a perfect fit for the atomic carbon brace
markwilliamson2001
22-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Cheers Bryan, my XX4 is now on Ebay anyway. I have decided to go back to 2wd, anyway.
Thanks
Mark
I am sure someone else will be reading this thinking 'thats a good idea'.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.