View Full Version : NW regional round 5
MikePimlott
17-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Cheers all :thumbsup:
Man it was wet :thumbdown:
Going to have to get some "step up" practice in for next time :woot:
budfish
17-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Cheers all :thumbsup:
Man it was wet :thumbdown:
Going to have to get some "step up" practice in for next time :woot:
Are you threatening to attend a club meet?? Or you going to jump the fence??
The tracks loads better in the dry plus I prefer a bit more of a run on the fingers so then it's a double but as the track was it was hard to launch over it
I enjoyed it though nice one for helping set up and pack away many don't
Buds
stegger
17-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Many thanks to all the Bury crew, shame about the weather :thumbsup: The vote to see if we would carry on racing was like the old kids TV show "RUNAROUND" :lol::lol::lol:
I chickened out of coming when I saw the weather reports :bored:. Did you get a full days racing in or cut it short?
budfish
17-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I chickened out of coming when I saw the weather reports :bored:. Did you get a full days racing in or cut it short?
Just qualifying no finals it was getting really wet out there shame you seen your arse mark!!
It was good to have a decent level of racers at the track to see what lines they took but watching Colin"the thug"may didn't make it easier as his lines where where ever his tyres touched was good enough for him
johnnygibbon
17-07-2011, 05:14 PM
4 rounds
kinda enjoed it . glad i blutaced it up . thrashing through the rain was interesting .
cheers to rog and all who helped out .
lovin the b44 as well
Chris B
17-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Was a good day overall. I chickened out after my 2wd stopped working but still good up to then. Luckily I've managed to save the motor and it's running again now. Hope everyone else with car woes is as lucky as me
mattb
17-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Cheers all :thumbsup:
Man it was wet :thumbdown:
Going to have to get some "step up" practice in for next time :woot:thanks for helping packup dude,same goes to stu hurley and the rest.youl all have to come to a club day when its sunny:thumbsup:
budfish
17-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Looks like buds is number 1 driver for burys team b44.1 after today :thumbsup:
andys
17-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Loved the new track - hated the rain !
Also, very expensive day, 1 lrp speedo died :(
I knew I was pushing my luck towards the end of the day, the standing water was more appropriate for an rc boat, not a car !
Chris B
17-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Looks like buds is number 1 driver for burys team b44.1 after today :thumbsup:
I like how you put the point 1 on cos if it was just team b44 then it would be led by me and jonny lol
budfish
17-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I like how you put the point 1 on cos if it was just team b44 then it would be led by me and jonny lol
Your cars are old and insignificant crap so there fore don't count
Are you really that stupid ?
Chris B
17-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Your cars are old and insignificant crap so there fore don't count
Are you really that stupid ?
But in ours hands they are apparently faster and most reliable than yours lol
budfish
17-07-2011, 07:55 PM
But in ours hands they are apparently faster and most reliable than yours lol
I find it funny that you only have one eye like a great big penis:thumbsup:
Chris B
17-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Any chance of the results being posted somewhere?
mattb
17-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Looks like buds is number 1 driver for burys team b44.1 after today :thumbsup:haha i dident finish 1 heat today lol,i think i was in 37th position in qualifying:blush: lol this b44.1 is getting of to a very shaky start!!
AndyG
17-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote of the day (during drivers briefing) .... "you will have no problem with water here, the track drains well. We do not get puddles".
Lolz
No track would have coped with today's rain by the way!
Thanks to Bury for battling through the conditions.
TonyM
17-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Many thanks to the Bury gang. The track was really super and I don't know of many, if any, other tracks that would have stood up to so much rain for so long.
I’d love to have a crack at it in the dry.
Si Coe
17-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I was really shocked by the puddles today. We have only had one or two meetings it hasn't rained since we got the new track (I reckon the new orange hose is cursed - it doesn't rain till it comes out!) but thats the first time its had significant standing water.
Glad I wasn't racing really, though I'm still in trouble with the wife just for coming by.....
mattb
17-07-2011, 08:32 PM
si rob mills blew 2 speedos today :thumbdown:
Si Coe
17-07-2011, 08:52 PM
He told me he killed the one I sold him. And considering I couldn't kill it thats some feat....
I expect JE will be doing good business in SXX's tomorrow.
coleman758
17-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I left my buggy at home today! I dropped by for an hour or so at lunch.
i took quite a few pictures but my camera has died. I will upload them in the morning.
I think i'm going to have to invest in a tent, and may i add quote of the day!!
"You can see who the good guys are! they have tents and generators!"
si rob mills blew 2 speedos today :thumbdown:
Rob also looked as thou he was enjoying a mud bath in his tent:lol:
Evo_Snr
17-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Northwest Regional Overall Positions can be downloaded from :- http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=70
You will need software such as winace to unzip the file.
mattb
18-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Rob also looked as thou he was enjoying a mud bath in his tent:lol:
yeah i was piting in that same tent lol
Darren Wales
18-07-2011, 07:24 AM
For my first real run out at Bury, i really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:
Already quite a few comments on this thread from visitors keen to try it out in drier conditions, just goes to show what a class act of a track and surface it really is. I'm sure your presence at any club meet will be welcomed with the same hospitality as yesterday, so few excuses!
The track layout was just right for all classes too. Great work on that front Stu and helpers.
Thanks to Mark and Scott for the gazebo shelter. Thanks also to Alistar and JohnnyGibbon for their help with my Bmax. The help and support you get from your other competitors is not matched in any other sport.
p.s anyone wanting a rocket boost for that straight, let me know ;)
Darren
The race controller
18-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Lap times and end of rounds can be found at :- http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/Results/2011%20Rnd5/heats.htm
The race controller
18-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Northwest Regional Overall Positions can be downloaded from :- http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=70
You will need software such as winace to unzip the file.
Can't we have it as a HTM file Eric? Then we can use our Phones to read it.
bigred5765
18-07-2011, 04:05 PM
when u unpack it it is in htm form
footey
18-07-2011, 04:20 PM
carl can you post a link to the unzipped file so we all can see them please ;)
captainlip
18-07-2011, 04:37 PM
What the hell happened to Josh? :D
Whiskers
18-07-2011, 04:54 PM
What the hell happened to Josh? :D
I just didn't have a good day with my turnbuckles popping off :thumbdown:
Si Coe
18-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Unlike you he didn't run off after round 2.
Except you didn't run off, you were still there when I arrived end of round 3 - but you didn't bother to turn out to marshal the heat after yours because you hadn't raced.
budfish
18-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Unlike you he didn't run off after round 2.
Except you didn't run off, you were still there when I arrived end of round 3 - but you didn't bother to turn out to marshal the heat after yours because you hadn't raced.
Ha ha that makes you "a busted lip"
captainlip
18-07-2011, 05:24 PM
May have only done two heats but had enough of the rain, been there since 7am, when I left I was 22nd overall and slipped a few places looking at the result. Considering my 1st heat I hadnt even seen the layout of the track haha!
Really gutted wanted a dry day. tbh glad I packed up as rain didn't stop, thought id leave all the boffins swearing and cursing of marshals and each other on the rostrum to it.
Not to mention some utter tw@ of a driver taking me out at full belt on the final table top in desperation to take the win off me.
bigred5765
18-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Carl can you post a link to the unzipped file so we all can see them please ;)
you have to down load the file then open it in winrar click unpack and it will ask u to save it some were on your PC just select desktop or were ever u like then go to that unpacked file and select open in and use the web browser u always use i use INTERNET explorer converted em to acrobat hope that helps
Evo_Snr
18-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Can't we have it as a HTM file Eric? Then we can use our Phones to read it.
It is HTM format. :thumbsup:I have emailed them for you to put up on your web site.:thumbsup:
bigred5765
18-07-2011, 05:41 PM
added em above as attchment will open in adobe reader
AndyG
18-07-2011, 06:50 PM
how are the formula boundaries calculated at the end of the series?
Evo_Snr
18-07-2011, 07:03 PM
how are the formula boundaries calculated at the end of the series?
Once the “F1’s” and “F2’s gained from national are removed it is the 20% of those who have done enough scoring rounds receive “F2” The next 30% = “F3” The next 20% = “F4” & the last 30% =”F5”
AndyG
18-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice one, thanks.
So we only consider those people who have completed enough rounds (4).
Evo_Snr
18-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice one, thanks.
So we only consider those people who have completed enough rounds (4).
Not necessary , someone may have a higher score by doing only three rounds than someone who has done four rounds.
AndyG
18-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry ... On your previous post you said 'those who have done enough scoring rounds' ... So presumed that a minimum number of rounds must have been attended to be included ithe final standings for f grades.
Personally, I welcome the inclusion of loads of people who have just done one round :thumbsup:
bigred5765
18-07-2011, 10:36 PM
one round wont get you nowt, what Eric is trying to explain is they only count a maximum of 4 rounds, and the lower scoring people will need 4 rounds, some of the better drivers may only do 3 but get 100 points from each giving them 300 points but us mere mortals scoring 4 x 60 points will end up at 240 points hence Eric's statement, but the guy with 4 x 80 points will beet the 300 buy getting 320 doesn't that make sense
AndyG
18-07-2011, 10:51 PM
No I understand that fine. Understand it is best 4 from 6.
But the f grades are worked out on %'s of the final standings table, so my question is - what is the minimum number of rounds somebody has to complete to be included in the final standings? .... 1, 2, 3?
Evo_Snr
18-07-2011, 11:24 PM
No I understand that fine. Understand it is best 4 from 6.
But the f grades are worked out on %'s of the final standings table, so my question is - what is the minimum number of rounds somebody has to complete to be included in the final standings? .... 1, 2, 3?
To get a higher "F" you need to count your best 4 rounds. If someone has a higher score with 3 rounds than someone with 4 they usually only get an "F4" or "F5" grade.
To get a higher "F" you need to count your best 4 rounds. If someone has a higher score with 3 rounds than someone with 4 they usually only get an "F4" or "F5" grade.
The person with the higher score and only 3 rounds usually get an F4 or F5?
The race controller
19-07-2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/Results/nw2wd.htm
http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/Results/nw4wd.htm
Northy
19-07-2011, 09:29 AM
OK, here's the process, Eric's right though:
1. Take out F1's.
2. Take out National F2's.
3. Count how many have done 4 rounds.
4. Work out 20% of the above number - that's the number of F2's (excluding FR1's and Nat F2's as above).
5. Work out 30% of the number you got in 3 - that's the number of F3's.
6. Work out 30% of the number you got in 3 - that's the number of F4's.
7. The rest, even those that have done 1 round, get F5.
BUT - you can only drop one grade a year, so if you were F2 this year, but ended up in the F4 bracket of the results, you'd be F3 next year.
Make sense? :D
G
johnnygibbon
19-07-2011, 10:20 AM
So even though I only done this bury round
And hopefully the next nw regional
I will manage to retain my hard won f5 status from last year ?
Hope so f1 is a long way away
AndyG
19-07-2011, 12:46 PM
3. Count how many have done 4 rounds.
That's the missing info, thanks - you have to have done 4 rounds minimum to be included in the final calculations.
Of course, in addition, all people with single rounds get F5.
Thanks
Andy
budfish
19-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I see colin may is well out in front I reckon he has got better in the last couple of weeks it must be the buds balls fitted to his buggys :thumbsup:
See lads treat your cars to buds balls and you'll be as fast as colin" the thug" may(buds balls team captin) in no time
Ps he was nothing till he met me I take all the credit for his wins:thumbsup:
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/147c9b06.jpg
MikePimlott
19-07-2011, 05:50 PM
He said the exact same thing on Sunday.
He was an F5 before buds balls :thumbsup:
njc11
19-07-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah, defo have to agree with that! :thumbsup:
I use Buds Balls to.. they are the bollox!:woot:
:thumbsup:
jameswilkinson7
19-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Go from Zero to hero, with Buds Balls:thumbsup:
shanks
19-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I see colin may is well out in front I reckon he has got better in the last couple of weeks it must be the buds balls fitted to his buggys :thumbsup:
See lads treat your cars to buds balls and you'll be as fast as colin" the thug" may(buds balls team captin) in no time
Ps he was nothing till he met me I take all the credit for his wins:thumbsup:
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/147c9b06.jpg
Are there any other well known drivers using them ?
budfish
19-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Are there any other well known drivers using them ?
Yes Bungle but one is stealth 3mm balls????:D
MikePimlott
19-07-2011, 08:50 PM
but one is stealth 3mm balls????:D
Not that stealth!!! He's Been spotted in Finland :confused:
woOdy
19-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Since I put Buds Balls in, I have been making A mains at Nationals!:thumbsup:
budfish
20-07-2011, 04:57 AM
yeah, defo have to agree with that! :thumbsup:
I use Buds Balls to.. they are the bollox!:woot:
:thumbsup:
Cheers guys your all to kind I feel a bit emotional:cry:
Only because just added up the cost of buds balls retail launch it's not cheap but I'm in it for the crack not the money:thumbsup:
Team buds balls hoodies + t shirts On the way
Buds
njc11
20-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Cool!
I cant wait to where Buds Balls on my chest! lol! :D
:thumbsup:
mattb
20-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Cool!
I cant wait to where Buds Balls on my chest! lol! :D
:thumbsup:
Youd best get a xxxxxl for the caro lol,no wonder some couldent see the table top on sunday.
pugboy
20-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Cool!
I cant wait to where Buds Balls on my chest! lol! :D
:thumbsup:
I don't think the range extends to a pearl necklace yet Nick:thumbsup:
The race controller
20-07-2011, 08:13 AM
I gather these balls are selling better than Johny's little bags of white stuff did on Sunday.
johnnygibbon
20-07-2011, 08:43 AM
They come in the same bags but the balls outsell the White tac waterproofing kits 10 to 1
my White tac saved more speedos
Reckon I'm gona leave mine on
Weather is not improving
rob m
23-07-2011, 11:07 AM
si rob mills blew 2 speedos today :thumbdown:
:thumbsup:my two speedos are back in action :thumbsup: good old spheres!
captainlip
23-07-2011, 11:57 AM
They come in the same bags but the balls outsell the White tac waterproofing kits 10 to 1
my White tac saved more speedos
Reckon I'm gona leave mine on
Weather is not improving
Looks to be cracking weather for tomorrow's meet
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.