PDA

View Full Version : Noisy gearbox on Vega


Jamie.T
18-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Am i right in assuming that due to the metal gearbox its naturally louder than a std plastic gearbox?

It doesnt effect performance at all, and the car is truly awesome, just a bit loud.lol

RudeTony
18-07-2011, 10:54 AM
No way man! - Noise from a Vega box?! - something must be wrong mate - that is just not acceptable - LOL
I personally use the Vega machined idler gears inside the box and also a small amount of grease on the gears inside - super smooth and no noise at all

Jamie.T
18-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Cheers Tony, time to strip and re-build i think.lol What colour should the vega machined idler gears be? Ill replace them if there's any signs of wear.

RudeTony
18-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I find it hard to notice wear on idler gears so I will assume everyone else does too.
The Vega ones are machined black in colour and are super accurate of course.
They have been in my car for some 5 months now and still in like new condition.
Give them a call or email - I am sure they are in stock.
Replace both of them not just the additional 4th gear.
Hope this helps you

Jamie.T
18-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks again Tony, a big help as usual. Oh and by the way, i added the 90g in my car at the weekend and WOW, big difference, the car is now planted.

Cheers Tony.

RudeTony
18-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Pleasure - any time