PDA

View Full Version : Big bores, on FS2


Pedros20
20-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi guys

Been thinking of investing in some big bores for my FS2, would you guys running then say there a worth while investment? Been looking on petit & on here for setups, Cant help noticing that some people are running yokomo & losi springs, is this because there cheeper?
Will be running one more regional on astro, then carpet for the winter.
Whats your advice chaps?

Thanks in advance

RogerM
21-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I find the car is more settled and planted through rough sections and when landing from big jumps.

The reason I run the Losi springs rather than the X-gear ones is that I am finding I wanted rates outside what was available from the X-gear range and although I have X-gear springs I tend to just move around inside the Losi range because I don't have all the rates memorised (like I used to for the original shocks) so less chance of getting mixed up.

To give you an idea though the X-gear range mostly fits inside 1 step in the Losi range both front and rear, super fine adjustment is possible with them and they are excellent quality but I (and Nick too) saddly wanted a front spring stiffer than even the new X-gear orange, Nick had Yokomo springs and I was able to borrow some losi springs to try hence why we have gone those route.

Hope that helps

SimonW
21-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I too am realising that the x-gear springs are way soft, i just bought the orange fronts and can hardly feel the difference between them and yellows, an expensive lesson learned..... :-(