PDA

View Full Version : 'The Aces'


Chequered Flag Racing
29-07-2011, 08:14 PM
remember when TRCC held this event at it's old warehouse?

so question is would you be up for the same later in the year at our new warehouse if the committee agree to it being staged over the winter?

maybe even a winter Ace's series now there's a lack of indoor regionals?

AfroP
29-07-2011, 11:46 PM
is this a TC event or Buggy?

Dalton
30-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Aces has always been an indoor ofroad event

Chequered Flag Racing
30-07-2011, 09:35 AM
hopefully have a few more folk posting and voting once the o0ple Invernational is over

AfroP
30-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Aces has always been an indoor ofroad event

in that case I'll say yes

tonymong
30-07-2011, 04:29 PM
definatly a yes from me !!!

was my very first competitive event i attended back in 1993 when it was held in the herlingshaw centre in m/bro,

aaaahhhh the memmories !!!!

tony

Chequered Flag Racing
30-07-2011, 05:24 PM
definatly a yes from me !!!

was my very first competitive event i attended back in 1993 when it was held in the herlingshaw centre in m/bro,

aaaahhhh the memmories !!!!

tony

Thought it was held in Stokesley School (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Stokesley+School&hl=en&ll=54.468019,-1.183007&spn=0.001071,0.003251&sll=54.622624,-1.276383&sspn=0.008845,0.017831&t=h&z=19) that year as it was the 1st one I went to watch. I'd just started racing in April 93.

I did race in the Herlingshaw Centre but not sure which year

racdeaf
30-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes for me :thumbsup:

dpackster1980
30-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd be up for it. :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
30-07-2011, 06:50 PM
live from the club

spoken to the chairwomen and she'll be asking at the next committee meeting to get their view :thumbsup:

Shifta
30-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I used to love the Aces @ Stokesley back in the day.. Only managed to do the last one @ the old warehouse as I'd just come back racing then.
I'd deffo attend as long as the date doesn't clash with Worksop.. :thumbsup:

Steven Forster
30-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Thats a yes from me also...............:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

chrispattinson
01-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Yes providing there's no Worksop clash

Barry Williams
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Yep, 2 more here

mr emily
05-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, I'll do it

ben
05-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Providing it doesnt clash with worksop i would also be up for it!

TangerineDream
02-09-2011, 09:34 PM
live from the club

spoken to the chairwomen and she'll be asking at the next committee meeting to get their view :thumbsup:
Hi Glenn,
Any more thoughts on whether this will happen? and potential dates?
Maybe we can all go nuts and race at Seaham on the way back home too!
Thanks

corkyjohnson75
05-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Al be there.

Chequered Flag Racing
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi Glenn,
Any more thoughts on whether this will happen? and potential dates?
Maybe we can all go nuts and race at Seaham on the way back home too!
Thanks


Will ask the committee again now the BRCA F1/GT10 National has been run.

darkknight
06-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a plan got the buggy if it's a go just need the dates to put requests in at work

DAVO
09-09-2011, 06:21 PM
if this goes head what days and time do they normally run

Chequered Flag Racing
09-09-2011, 07:45 PM
if this goes ahead what days and time do they normally run

in the past it's been a Sunday from 08:00 till approx 16:30

format's usually free practice, 4 heats & a final

DAVO
10-09-2011, 08:13 PM
in the past it's been a Sunday from 08:00 till approx 16:30

format's usually free practice, 4 heats & a final


sounds good to me

corkyjohnson75
22-09-2011, 07:35 PM
So is this going to go ahead or is it going to be like every think else in the north east when it comes to rc cars.

Thumbs down.

chris68nufc
23-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Go on Paul!!!

That's why most of us do Worksop as there's nowhere decent to run at all, the best we've got is Seaham on Sunday night!
What's happened to your track you were building with Paul wally?

Chequered Flag Racing
23-09-2011, 07:34 AM
So is this going to go ahead

The clubs Chairwomen and some of the Committee are aware of this thread so it's over to them. If you wish to contact them there listed on the clubs website http://www.rccarclub.co.uk/trcc/the-committee/

I asked if racers would like the event to happen back in July and it would appear from the response that the 'racers' do, so I asked the Chairwomen to consider it. So now we await a 'committees' decision.

corkyjohnson75
24-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Is that you trying to get me to bite ha. Av not seen or heard out form pauly so f--k no's what's going on dude. me and ellis will be down worksop tho.

Chequered Flag Racing
07-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Is that you trying to get me to bite ha.

No

Heard from a club member a date may have been set but they had no other info ;)

racdeaf
07-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Possible in nov but can't be sure yet tho

stewcc
08-10-2011, 04:49 PM
The Aces will be run on Sunday 6th November 2011. More details later.

Chequered Flag Racing
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
The Aces will be run on Sunday 6th November 2011. More details later.

time to check my shift pattern then :thumbsup:

Andyp
08-10-2011, 04:57 PM
The Aces will be run on Sunday 8th November 2011. More details later.

Good stuff but the 8th of nov is a Tuesday !

racdeaf
08-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Good stuff but the 8th of nov is a Tuesday !

:blush: u right there andy lol
common mistake i would think

it may be the 6th of nov

Andyp
08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Ah maybe, if it is it will clash with Worksop ! It would be a shame if it did as alot of ne drivers are booked in I think !

racdeaf
08-10-2011, 05:45 PM
aw bollock if that happen ! which would be ideal race date maybe
13th nov ?

Andyp
08-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah 13th would be a good date it wouldn't clash with any Worksop, batleys series @ chatterton or 12th nationals .

Shifta
08-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Yep I'd love to do The Aces but as Andy says it will clash with Worksop.. The 13th would be good for me though :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
09-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Good stuff but the 8th of nov is a Tuesday !

Couldn't do the Tuesday :(

but Sunday the 6th or 13th both fit in for me. 6th would be best as I'd stand a chance of winning if your all at Worksop:p

Andyp
09-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Couldn't do the Tuesday :(

but Sunday the 6th or 13th both fit in for me. 6th would be best as I'd stand a chance of winning if your all at Worksop:p

Ha , I couldnt do the tuesday either !

I see the date has been amended ...... It is going to be the 6th!

I can't speak for every one but running it on the same day as one of the biggest off road winter series in the uk must be a no no !

When I ask in the trcc thread if they is going to be a 'up north' off road winter series and get replys like " tried that last year, it didn't work!" it's no wonder if people are already booked into other meetings.

I understand that the trcc club may have other commitments on other dates but maybe they could be a re think of the date for some other time?

They must have been atleast 10 regular ne racers @ Worksop today and I know a few extra people who are booked into the one on the 6th so it would be quiet a big hit maybe !

Only last week a meeting/ display was called off due to no interest , it did clash with Worksop also.

racdeaf
10-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Well said andy
:thumbsup:

Ha , I couldnt do the tuesday either !

I see the date has been amended ...... It is going to be the 6th!

I can't speak for every one but running it on the same day as one of the biggest off road winter series in the uk is a no no !

When I ask in the trcc thread if they is going to be a 'up north' off road winter series and get replys like " tried that last year, it didn't work!" it's no wonder if people are already booked into other meetings.

I understand that the trcc club may have other commitments on other dates but maybe they could be a re think of the date for some other time?

They must have been atleast 10 regular ne racers @ Worksop today and I know a few extra people who are booked into the one on the 6th so it would be quiet a big hit maybe !

stewcc
10-10-2011, 06:08 PM
To sort out the clash (genuine mistake, we always hold Aces on 1st Sunday in November) we are changing the date to the 13th November.
Send me details if you are going to attend.
Stewart

Andyp
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Ha nice one Stewart . I will be there ! Just hope atleast the 23 other people who said they will be up for it will attend!

DAVO
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
can my son race he is 7 (gotta start somewhere) ill obviously marshell
if so well be there

racdeaf
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
To sort out the clash (genuine mistake, we always hold Aces on 1st Sunday in November) we are changing the date to the 13th November.
Send me details if you are going to attend.
Stewart

Woohoo that brill :thumbsup:
Me and Dylan will be there :D

corkyjohnson75
12-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I will be there. With or with out the son with girls hair.:thumbsup:

Steven Forster
12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I will be there. With or with out the son with girls hair.:thumbsup:

:woot:

Shifta
12-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I'll be there too :thumbsup:

stewcc
12-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Good response. However I would like your name, BRCA number, class (es), ability if not raced at regionals and e-mail.
Stewart

Steven Forster
12-10-2011, 05:38 PM
what surface do you run at TRCC ???

cheers :thumbsup:

stewcc
12-10-2011, 05:42 PM
carpet base and any other suitable covering we might find. We can lift some of the carpet so maybe concrete.

stewcc
12-10-2011, 09:33 PM
No problem. Send me details.
Stewart
can my son race he is 7 (gotta start somewhere) ill obviously marshell
if so well be there