View Full Version : Would you buy a cab-forward body for X6 if one became available?
/tobys
02-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Lets gauge some interest....:woot:
bandyleg
31-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!! Please make :)
YoungChazz
02-04-2012, 12:43 PM
We certainly will consider "cab forward" when the time comes for Jason to design the body. Remember, for us the body is about aerodynamic performance first, looks second.
fredswain
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm going to be honest here. If all bodies were cab forward I'd get out of rc entirely and proclaim it as a hobby of the past and that's no joke. That's how ugly I think they are. I laugh every time I see someone running one.
Cooper
02-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm going to be honest here. If all bodies were cab forward I'd get out of rc entirely and proclaim it as a hobby of the past and that's no joke. That's how ugly I think they are. I laugh every time I see someone running one.
:lol:
Caring about the looks of a toy car is even more silly than playing with them.
Darren Boyle
02-04-2012, 02:07 PM
We certainly will consider "cab forward" when the time comes for Jason to design the body. Remember, for us the body is about aerodynamic performance first, looks second.
I think the poll is about the X6 Chazz and not the new X7.....
ianjoyner
04-07-2012, 12:41 PM
So where's that cab forward shell? 51 sales waiting :thumbsup:.
YoungChazz
04-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Sadly, a total of 51 sales = $70 each just for the mold. Tell me about 500 sales and we can begin to think about it. Unless you want to pay $125 for a shell.
Why does an X-Car cost so much? Great stuff, low volumes.
arransmith27
04-07-2012, 05:36 PM
The AJ Galaxy is a 'bit' cab forward
I think there are some quite good looking cab forward bodies out there, just like ugly traditional bodies. You can't compare Azarashi's cool stuff with the crappy Bulldogs, for example. Ansmann's MadRat body isn't a paragon of beauty either.
I've come to accept that cab forward bodies add the benefits of a front wing to a certain degree without adding an additional part. With a decent paint job, some of them can look preety good! :thumbsup:
metalmickey0
04-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I`d ask MrSpeedy of the PhatBodies fame to see if he`d design one seeing as he already made an X6 shell
Sadly, a total of 51 sales = $70 each just for the mold. Tell me about 500 sales and we can begin to think about it. Unless you want to pay $125 for a shell.
Why does an X-Car cost so much? Great stuff, low volumes.
That's a fair point Chazz, I think sometimes people forget you are a business and would be losing money as a company if the items didn't sell. Have any racers in the states asked for a cab forward body ?. I wondered if there are any updates for the car due soon.
BeachBuggyPhil
04-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Some of the cab forward shells remind me of this....
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/SXTrail/eb279a9d.jpg
Chippy96
04-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Some of the cab forward shells remind me of this....
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/SXTrail/eb279a9d.jpg
Sigourney Weaver isnt bad looking is she ?
BeachBuggyPhil
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Chippy96
05-07-2012, 06:55 PM
My next shell will be the AJ Galaxy I think...:p
janus_77
12-08-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.area52.cc/images/stories/autos/content2012/content082012/content10082012/Ellis-1.jpg
ianjoyner
12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Best looking cab forward ever!
YoungChazz
12-08-2012, 06:11 PM
We like it too.
Chippy96
12-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Best looking cab forward ever!
Yes that put`s things into perspective a bit doesnt it,"cab forward"we already have one!!I recently tried "another" shell and couldnt believe how much it changed the car,Needless to say I went back to the original(I wanted to change it because my x6sq was second hand to me and I dont like the decor),I was going to try another different body next but I think i`ll stick with the "Chasmobile"-quite simply it works!!!!:)
Darren Boyle
12-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes that put`s things into perspective a bit doesnt it,"cab forward"we already have one!!I recently tried "another" shell and couldnt believe how much it changed the car,Needless to say I went back to the original(I wanted to change it because my x6sq was second hand to me and I dont like the decor),I was going to try another different body next but I think i`ll stick with the "Chasmobile"-quite simply it works!!!!:)
I take it you do realise that Ellis's body shown above is not standard, it is a one off created by Ellis himself to move the "cab forward", hence the very long side windows.....
Out of interest, why hasn't Proline made it's own shell for the X6? They've made one for the C4.1 and I'm pretty sure there's more X6's knocking about. Same goes for JConcepts, even tho they produced the origional you'd think they could come up with their own.
/tobys
13-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Out of interest, why hasn't Proline made it's own shell for the X6? They've made one for the C4.1 and I'm pretty sure there's more X6's knocking about. Same goes for JConcepts, even tho they produced the origional you'd think they could come up with their own.
When I emailed both of them about 12 months ago, they told me it was all to do with demand - thats why I setup this poll. I invited both companies to review the poll results but guess its just not economically viable?
Darren Boyle
13-08-2012, 02:30 PM
It is very rare that either compnay make a body for the "European" market only, the recent C4.1 and Schumachers have been exceptions we are not used to seeing.
I can only speak on behalf of JConcepts and they would not entertian a new body mould that does not instantyly run into many hundreds for production and sadly this poll only shows a small handful of people who want one.
The likes of the C4.1 project have opened their eyes at just how small the UK and EU markets are compared to the huge market they have on home grown soil in the USA
Chippy96
13-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I take it you do realise that Ellis's body shown above is not standard, it is a one off created by Ellis himself to move the "cab forward", hence the very long side windows.....
Thanks for that Darren,is that a join 2/3 of the way back??-I wonder does Ellis ever sleep!!Whats he going to come up with next................
Darren Boyle
13-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for that Darren,is that a join 2/3 of the way back??-I wonder does Ellis ever sleep!!Whats he going to come up with next................
It is basically a cab cut off one body and added to another, but further forward, the join is very good considering E did it by hand. It was to try the concept out and it looked pretty good to be honest. :thumbsup:
The_doctor
14-08-2012, 08:03 AM
here is my second car the X6-R has many mods !
Nice! I'm interested in your rear inner camber link mount setup. Please can you post some close ups and some details of how to do it? Thanks!
Richard Lowe
14-08-2012, 01:57 PM
here is my second car the X6-R has many mods !
Holy tall gear ratio's Batman! :woot:
Haha! Wow. Just noticed that. That must be for the spur to clear the camber link.
.....even then, you would use a smaller pinion!! Errrr...
/tobys
09-10-2012, 08:40 AM
here is my second car the X6-R has many mods !
Which cab forward shell is that? How well does it fit? Can we have some more pics? :drool:
Which cab forward shell is that? How well does it fit? Can we have some more pics? :drool:
Looks like the B4 finnisher body. You can see it's been cut around the back to go inside the chassis.
Ben
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.