PDA

View Full Version : Time to set a date for the A.G.M


budfish
04-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Alright lads

I reckon it's about time to have the annual meeting to discuss thoughts ideas past and present.have they worked or will they work.

A lot has happened since the last one.: the club has a brand new track,new equipment,a lot more new members, chairman got sponsored by ansmann and dos'nt really have time at the moment this dos'nt mean the door won't always be open for him if he wants to return as chairman one day after all he's put a lot of time and effort in at bmrcc

So if you are a bury member you get a say in how things are done or to voice new ideas that will benefit the club

So let's set a date

Buds

Si Coe
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Its either the 21st of August or not until October.

7th is too soon, Southport National is the 14th (we are listed as closed that weekend), Southport Regional on the 28th, and September is a mix of the Ansmann days and F3/4/5's and regional champs.
Clearly we need a time we'll get good attendance or Captain Lip will be the sole voting presence, we'll all have to drive Durangos and all our wheels will fall off.....

captainlip
04-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Its either the 21st of August or not until October.

7th is too soon, Southport National is the 14th (we are listed as closed that weekend), Southport Regional on the 28th, and September is a mix of the Ansmann days and F3/4/5's and regional champs.
Clearly we need a time we'll get good attendance or Captain Lip will be the sole voting presence, we'll all have to drive Durangos and all our wheels will fall off.....

:D it's working durangos in bury have gone from 0 to 4 because of me! .... Although none of them can actually finish a heat! :D

woOdy
04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Does it have to be on a Sunday? We could have a midweek one at a local venue that does beer and food.:thumbsup:
Only an idea by the way.

Si Coe
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Does it have to be on a Sunday? We could have a midweek one at a local venue that does beer and food.:thumbsup:
Only an idea by the way.


Cool - but as club president you are getting the first round in.....


Edit - Only reason to pick a Sunday is that we need lots of people to turn up, so normally a spot of racing helps. But you are right that as a venue a nice pub sure beats Rog's cabin! If enough people will attend I think its a better option so lets throw dates open to the floor:

Some people are suggesting the 11th of September for some reason?

budfish
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Does it have to be on a Sunday? We could have a midweek one at a local venue that does beer and food.:thumbsup:
Only an idea by the way.

+1:thumbsup:

tisher
04-08-2011, 12:29 PM
+1:thumbsup:anything with beer and food I am there:lol:

Si Coe
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
So - we actually do need to set a date, and its been decided that a Friday night works best.
I'm proposing Friday 19th August or Friday 2nd Sept. Sooner would be better but I understand not everyone is that flexible.

I also need a Bury local to suggest a suitable venue.

Howler
07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Somewhere not far from the tram station if there's gonna be drinking involved... Hmmm, how about the Trackside down on the ELR platform/carpark?

mattb
07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
If you turn right out of goshen onto manchester road theres a huge pub just down the road on the left:thumbsup:

Howler
07-08-2011, 07:47 PM
That's the Swan & Cemetary, my old local, good boozer, but no big tables, except in the restaurant area.

budfish
14-09-2011, 02:14 PM
So are we having one?? I've been on about it for a couple of months now:thumbsup:

Buds

coleman758
14-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a plan, Midweek + Food + Drink gets my vote!!

tisher
14-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Lets get it done if the committee members post a a few dates up as a poll and the one with the most votes will use as the date:thumbsup:

Si Coe
14-09-2011, 05:35 PM
If someone local finds us somewhere to meet and tells us a date, thats the AGM sorted.
I'm not local, I've no idea where we can meet, and I won't be able to go and book somewhere.

And I've remembered why I said I didn't want to do this in the first place.......

mattb
14-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Ive spoken to rog and we will set the date etc at the track on sunday and whoever isnt there will be informed.

budfish
14-09-2011, 05:52 PM
If someone local finds us somewhere to meet and tells us a date, thats the AGM sorted.
I'm not local, I've no idea where we can meet, and I won't be able to go and book somewhere.

And I've remembered why I said I didn't want to do this in the first place.......

You don't want to do a lot of things showering being one of them!!!

Si Coe
14-09-2011, 06:36 PM
You don't want to do a lot of things showering being one of them!!!


Oh you are so wrong there! I had a shower at your place. Turns out there aren't a lot of things your missus doesn't want to do :p

budfish
14-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh you are so wrong there! I had a shower at your place. Turns out there aren't a lot of things your missus doesn't want to do :p

At least you would do my mrs which is alot more than I can say for yours even minke would turn his nose up at your mrs unless he has some kind Of sick perversion !!'