PDA

View Full Version : Track Work Today!


Si Coe
06-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Johnny has just rung to say that if its not hammering down today he plans on going to Goshen for a spot of painting. However its a big job so he'd like some help please.
I can't make it as I'm looking after the baby and I suspect he'd really like to help out! But if anyone is free today, please pop down and lend a hand.

tisher
06-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I dont think you will get much painting done with the weather today I cant make it sorry but should be able to race tommorow weather permiting:thumbsup:

johnnygibbon
06-08-2011, 09:30 AM
yeah its raining really heavy . aint got any underwater paint ( yes it does exist)
but i have got paint and tools . so next dry day i got off i would appreciate a hand to scrape and paint the metal at the track
before it rusts like the titanic
should only take a couple of hours with two or three of us.
got some grey black and red metal paint so it will look pretty good
red hand rail
grey metal work
matt black steps ( anti slip)
gotta keep our track looking sexy ...... not rusty

rob m
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
im happy to help,been thinking the same about painting rostrum myself. not today though a bit wet!

captainlip
06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm liking the sound of that Jonny! When you do it defo give me a shout and I'll do my bit.

Howler
06-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Yep, i'll help out when i can and it's not pissing down. How about a week on Sunday, 14th, for those not going to the Southport national?

The Bod
07-08-2011, 10:04 AM
If painting the rostrum, would it be easier to use Hammerite spray paint on the welding mesh as it takes ages to paint by brush, as I have found out in the past!!!

The race controller
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
If painting the rostrum, would it be easier to use Hammerite spray paint on the welding mesh as it takes ages to paint by brush, as I have found out in the past!!!

Our profesniol uses a roller

budfish
09-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Our profesniol uses a roller

But not spell check? Have you been drinking ?

The race controller
09-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Mint in Perial. Or they be sumink wrong wiv your eyes.