PDA

View Full Version : A Different Vega Body


rc_penguin
06-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Dont get me wrong.. im no fan of forward cab shells, but this i reeeally like this, As I'm aware this is the first one that's been painted up, let me know what you think.
Bring back the frog!

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5572/vega3.jpg

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9789/vega2d.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6156/vega1.jpg

Will

Chequered Flag Racing
06-08-2011, 02:19 PM
like the paint job:thumbsup: but as for the shell :p

Adam F
06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
That is truly horrid...

It looks like a vega crossed with a submarine...

sfry61
06-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I think i'm going to be sick :cry:

West Ridge Racing
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
The paint job is awsome but the cab f***s up the whole thing...pardon My french.

rc_penguin
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Must say im a bit shocked lol!, This is the only forward cab that I do like! :eh?: I might add as well that this was around before the current body

Minster68
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Excellent spray job by your Dad... Still not sure on body style. :p

Gies
06-08-2011, 05:17 PM
This is one of the ugliest bodies i have ever seen.
But, strangely enough......I WANT ONE!
Nice rearspoiler!

discothesnake
06-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Probably the most disgusting shell i have ever seen. And i owned a Vega!! :bored::bored::bored::bored:

johnboy
06-08-2011, 05:50 PM
WTF The worst shell ever. It looks like a duck :wtf:

rc_penguin
06-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Okay people lol, i get the idea, no one at all likes it! :blush: It is only a one off, and I think it looks great!

Jamie.T
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
It looks about as good as Susan boyle

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/5/3/susan-boyle-pic-itv-113257880.jpg

West Ridge Racing
06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Nice to be uniqe on the track then mate:)

styleone
06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Well I love it. I think the vega survives extremely well with very unusual shells as the stock one is a very unconventional shape. Personally I'd run this just to have a really different look. Make me one and ill rock it :)

discostu
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
hey will

the body looks cool.

stu

MHeadling
06-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Nice one Will!!

I thought that mould was well out of action, nice to see your rockin the Frog!

I may have to get one and paint it kermet green!

chuckie stella
06-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I loved the frog that Kev and spenner first ran. Looked good in Mr Lee's colours!!:thumbsup:

rc_penguin
06-08-2011, 10:01 PM
The frog is brill! I'm unsure of the condition of the mould for it though Mark this was just one that was around the workshop!, I also never saw Mr.Lee's! This isn't the first painted one then :) anyway that's forward cab, any thoughts on this as a standard cab body? (I didnt make this mould! Posted on behalf of a friend :))

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1931/vegabodystandardcab.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/vegabodystandardcab.jpg/)

Will :)

t8rtot
06-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I think if the cab forward body was a little more flowing and less boxy upfront it would be outstanding..

SimonW
06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Looks much better. I'll have 2 please.

Rebelrc
07-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Lush!!!:thumbsup:

peetbee
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/peetbee/smilies/swoon.gif aaargh my eyes

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/peetbee/smilies/vomit.gif

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/peetbee/smilies/vomit.gif

rc_penguin
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Not many thoughts on the standard cab I've posted then? (Bottom of page 1) As for my shell, seems a very very strong case of marmite :lol:

peetbee
07-08-2011, 08:22 PM
If you mean of the mould, then that looks much better :lol:

rc_penguin
07-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Yup the mould :)

West Ridge Racing
07-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Love the mould one much better:thumbsup:

MHeadling
07-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes Will, get that new mould up and running , looks ace I think

Maybe some more vents perhaps or shark gills!

AndyG
07-08-2011, 08:43 PM
sorry Mr Penguin, but it looks a little too much like this :

http://static1.money.pl/i/moto/galerie/6/420/1/0.medium.jpg

Scotty
08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
:D Yeah count me in for the one of the ones off the mould looks much better. :thumbsup:

uijui
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
WTF The worst shell ever. It looks like a duck :wtf:

That name descripes better those FTW bodies :p:p:p

Mr Eccleston
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
+1 for the mould, the standard cab body is a lot better then the original "only a mother could love".

le_sam
26-08-2011, 12:27 AM
the second is too straight!! boring...
i want the first one if you make somes!
"le freak c'est chic" :p

VinceB
26-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Like the mold, very much like the present shell but smoother
Vince

styleone
31-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, seeing as the guys are not going to produce the 'marmite' shell (which I love :blush:) might have to stay original.....although I do like the smoother version I dont think it beats the original :thumbsup:

le_sam
31-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Well, seeing as the guys are not going to produce the 'marmite' shell (which I love :blush:) might have to stay original.....although I do like the smoother version I dont think it beats the original :thumbsup:

i love the first too! ;)
not possible to have 2 or 3 bodies?!
we've just finished our original chassis, we want originals bodies too! :woot:
(our team's name is "freak team", realy! :D)

GRIFF55
31-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I like both, especially the first! Nice paint job sets it off too:thumbsup:
What do you make the moulds out of?

The Chef
31-08-2011, 06:36 PM
I like the first one. i'd buy it.:thumbsup:

rc_penguin
31-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi All, sorry this had been put to side for a little while! Seems "The Frog" has reeeeeally mixed opinions still lol :)
Besides I got my hands on the mold shown on the last page earlier tonight :thumbsup: Hopefully will get it on the vacuum tomorrow and get it painted ............ Hopefully lol :blush:

The Chef
31-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Is the frog available to purchase? Or will it be?

rc_penguin
31-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Its not for me to say I'm afraid. If there's enough of a demand its certainly more likely. The mould for The Frog was only temporary aswell. The quality of my shell although it's still good doesn't compare to the quality of the standard body

The Chef
31-08-2011, 10:47 PM
:cry:I would like one. Who makes the call? Are all the Vega bodys the same? I mean the 201, RB5 and the B4.1 do the bodies fit all? Do you have a spare frog?;)

rc_penguin
31-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Many many factors come in to it to make the call im afraid, surprisingly even though there's been quite a bit of micky take on this thread on how ugly it is (even though it's not ugly at all ;)), There have been a fair few people actually wanting them! And yes the one body fits all the kits :)

And sorry no i don't have a spare :cry: I dont even have a standard body lol!

le_sam
31-08-2011, 10:58 PM
one thing more : it's seems that some Vega's users would like to have some undertray to protect this beautifull chassis... me too!:D
i think it's a good idea to do that too ;)

styleone
31-08-2011, 11:39 PM
one thing more : it's seems that some Vega's users would like to have some undertray to protect this beautifull chassis... me too!:D
i think it's a good idea to do that too ;)

+1 on the undertray suggestion....Vega is far to beautiful to scratch and chip :wub

I WANT A FROGGER!!!! :wtf: :woot::woot:

le_sam
01-09-2011, 12:04 AM
+1 on the undertray suggestion....Vega is far to beautiful to scratch and chip :wub

I WANT A FROGGER!!!! :wtf: :woot::woot:

yes i've seen it in "show us your Vega" ;)
... and the frog/marmite (frog is good for frenchies :D) is the next step after the 'bulldog', lol!
it's gonna be famous! :thumbsup: or not. but there is fans!

rc_penguin
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
We got a body of that mould today, it took some work! I didn't have a camera with me oooops :blush: (My phones camera is shocking!) So I took a short video of it on my ipod instead haha, it takes videos but not pictures? strange eh?

Anyway here it is, gives an idea of the shape. There's quite a few revisions in mind already. Let us know what you think :)

mkXu0ghBGpM

The Chef
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I like that too. :thumbsup:

le_sam
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
nice work!

The Chef
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Be good to see it painted;) As it will be easier to see the contours.

Rebelrc
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't like it!

InsideLineModels
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't like it!

:woot:

Mr Eccleston
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I like it, will take 2 please.

SimonW
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I like it.

Rebelrc
01-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't like it!
I love it:wub lol

The Chef
01-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd still like a frog if at all possible please.:cry::wub

MHeadling
02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Looks nice, good work on the mould ;):wub

Get some paint on it! :thumbsup:

Rebelrc
02-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Can't wait to see some paint on it!:thumbsup:

The Chef
18-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Come on get some frogs made!

styleone
18-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Come on get some frogs made!

+1 that suggestions...I want one badly :thumbsup:

The Chef
18-09-2011, 10:54 PM
They have the mould so I can't see why they cant be made. Surly it's just a case of vacuum forming them. I dn't see all of the "factors" that need considering. If people want to buy them just do a small run and see how it goes.

Skye
19-09-2011, 07:55 AM
I like it, Id buy one! :thumbsup:

I would also buy an undertray to protect the work of art that is the silky smooth chassis if anyone wants to produce one....?

Adam F
19-09-2011, 11:59 AM
I hope I dont "Accidentally" stand on any of these horrid things if I end up marshalling one... that would be a real shame.. :lol:

styleone
19-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I hope I dont "Accidentally" stand on any of these horrid things if I end up marshalling one... that would be a real shame.. :lol:

:lol::lol: How cruel...although I would agree that it is some what of an ugly duckiling...Dont know why I love it so much :confused:...perhaps we could insist on marshals wearing shades when these shells are running...at least it will tone down the sight of one slightly for those who are not fans of the shape :thumbsup:

Rebelrc
25-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Dont get me wrong.. im no fan of forward cab shells, but this i reeeally like this, As I'm aware this is the first one that's been painted up, let me know what you think.
Bring back the frog!

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5572/vega3.jpg

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9789/vega2d.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6156/vega1.jpg

Will

I still love this shell
Handled so well!