View Full Version : What 22 conversion of the 3 around??
OneKiwi
09-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I have seen 3 so far the AC kit the Alura Kit and the rossmod chassis
Which is the better conversion? Anyone tried all 3? whats the plus and minus for each conversion?
I am thinking along the lines of trying the rossmods one just as its a little cheaper
Thoughts?
the two more expensive ones, have a flat chassis which allows the cells to be turned round and pushed further back, but the RossMods is nearly half the price. The Carbon ones are better quality.
learnerdriver
09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
you can try the mod yourself for the price of a chassis, another set of side pods and a ftw vane shell
replace the esc brace with aluminium strip which doubles as a battery brace
I have seen 3 so far the AC kit the Alura Kit and the rossmod chassis
Which is the better conversion? Anyone tried all 3? whats the plus and minus for each conversion?
I am thinking along the lines of trying the rossmods one just as its a little cheaper
Thoughts?
Martyn (Bomber)
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I have just done the W.C.R.C.C.C SWORDS round at the weekend and in the A final the top three 22's where all running standard chassis, one was mine (5th), Lee Bennets (6th) and Matt Varah (1st), there was Speartooth and Stealth conversions at the meeting from what I saw.
Save your money ;)
OneKiwi
09-08-2011, 01:26 PM
you can try the mod yourself for the price of a chassis, another set of side pods and a ftw vane shell
replace the esc brace with aluminium strip which doubles as a battery brace
pics?
Maybe I should work on my driving instead of spending money :lol:
dirk702
09-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Here is mine Tardis 22 konversion kit .
I only have driven this one race on Astro dry conditions and it's much more flex in the shassis and much more grip in the rear.
I am an medium driver, but some top drivers have tested mine tardis and they all are satisfied off the result off driving this Tardis 22.
26457
26458
26459
26460
26461
26462
26463
26464
26465
26466
learnerdriver
09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
pics?
Maybe I should work on my driving instead of spending money :lol:
pics here (first 3 pics are latest)
https://picasaweb.google.com/learnerdrivertu/Tlr22?authuser=0&feat=directlink
dremeled out a set of side pods
filed edges of chassis flat
made up battery strap to bolt onto esc bracket/brace
car seems a lot more consistent, easier to drive :thumbsup:
OneKiwi
09-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Intresting.. i have the losi lipo would that go sideways?
How much did you file from the chassis? will that affect the rigidity of the chassis?
JohnM
09-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Intresting.. i have the losi lipo would that go sideways?
Yes it will, done it to mine, although I didn't file the chassis, the LiPo does have a gap underneath it, but it lets you put weight under.
Has made the car ALOT better to drive and that was on wet/damp grass.
university_dave
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I have just done the W.C.R.C.C.C SWORDS round at the weekend and in the A final the top three 22's where all running standard chassis, one was mine (5th), Lee Bennets (6th) and Matt Varah (1st), there was Speartooth and Stealth conversions at the meeting from what I saw.
Save your money ;)
I think all three of the conversions will not necessarily make the car quicker for the top drivers - but they should all make the car much easier to drive for the majority of people who don't get on with the edgy nature of the standard mid-motored layout.
I know the Speartooth is very fast and easy to drive - I put one 2nd in a round of qualifying at the Mid South Regional at Stotfold on Sunday and I'd never driven a 2wd off road car before the meeting...
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.