View Full Version : Sunday 14th
losichris
10-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I know its Southport National, but im sure theres a fair few bury members not going, forcast for Sunday looks ok so far?
How about get a race meeting going, or a practice day, with a track layout?
Any ideas?
Howler
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Practice day gets my vote!
mattb
10-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I think si has already mentioned this in another thread.
losichris
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I know, but could do with getting a definate to see if its worth it or not
Si Coe
10-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Its a 45 min drive for me, longer if I need to go by Rog's for the timing gear. It needs to be worth it!
losichris
10-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Its a 45 min drive for me, longer if I need to go by Rog's for the timing gear. It needs to be worth it!
Exactly why ive done this thread, lets get a show of hands for whos coming.
Ps. Dont let this pooh weather put you off, its looking nice for Sunday :thumbsup:
bandit
10-08-2011, 07:06 PM
if weather is ok i will be coming over to bury track
Stotty
10-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I would come but I'm going watching at southport all weekend.
Plus I need to fit my new motor and fix my car haha.
tisher
10-08-2011, 08:28 PM
we wont be there for two weeks now
budfish
10-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I won't be there I'm going southport !!
minke
10-08-2011, 11:35 PM
i'll come down.
Deano
11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm still wanting to come down and have a look at the track etc with a view to joining. Hoping to have all the bits together on my new B44 as well as bring my lads with their DT02's. So a practice day would be good for me.
johnnygibbon
11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
cant make it
in silsden training with dougie lampkin on bikes .
might call in and see keighthly boys on way home though
also got no motor or esc in b44 so looks like its four stroke power for me all weekend
captainlip
11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
cant make it
in silsden training with dougie lampkin on bikes .
might call in and see keighthly boys on way home though
also got no motor or esc in b44 so looks like its four stroke power for me all weekend
You? Hopping about on stones? That's got to be seen!
Si Coe
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Johnny - that Sphere TC is going on Ebay unless you are interested.
Howler
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
So is Sunday on for practice or racing?
Si Coe
12-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Practice, and I can't stay late either.
Howler
12-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Cool, aim for 10:30 arrival?
Si Coe
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Yep, good with me....
RudolfXC
14-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Is there anyone there or is is called off with the rain as it is showery in Bolton?
Howler
14-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Yep, was plenty there, good to get some practice time.
losichris
14-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Got there
heavens opened
waited till it stopped
lap 2 .......broken wing mount :bored: forgot to bring a spare :thumbsup:
went home :(
good to see so many there even without any racing on!!!
Deano
14-08-2011, 03:26 PM
We all had a good day, especially my two sons with their Tamiyas. My day would have been better if I hadn't broken a couple of bits, but then it was first time out with a second hand buggy, coupled with my driving.
Thanks for the warm welcome from those that we got chance to chat with, and especially Rob and Si, thanks for the advice.
Si Coe
14-08-2011, 03:44 PM
More people there for a practice session than we got 18 months to 2 years ago for a race meeting!
steve-thebabystore
15-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Sounds great, do you think the extra people will be back at meetings?
Si Coe
15-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Well we had a few newbies who seemed hooked and plan on coming back, several 'occasionals' who do race with us but not that regularly and some regulars.
The fact is if I'd brought my laptop we would have had enough people for a reasonable meeting!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.