PDA

View Full Version : TLR22T Announced


ryanlownie
11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
See here:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TLR0023

Pricing indicates about a tenner more than the 22 Buggy.

codi jones b4
11-08-2011, 02:52 PM
when will it be out:drool:

styleone
11-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Looks really good. Losi needed a new 2wd Stadium...Wonder if the chassis will be a bit roomier than the 22 buggy? Guessing its going to be a sniff longer so should negate the problems with shoe horning the electrics in....hold on a minute...Atomic Carbon Tardis 22T???? :drool::drool::thumbsup: Aviiit!!

Nick
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Video of the truck at the us national

http://vimeo.com/27563616

JohnM
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I wonder if it will come with rear grip as standard, or if that will be an option like on the buggy:lol:

bzb
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM
depressive mode on:

oee a nice looking maybe hard to drive losi :thumbdown:

truck class is non existing here in holland anymore, and i tink most people learn there lesson bying a new unproven platform :blush:
(so why losi why??)


on the other hand: its a new rc car on the market so more to enjoy, they look so nice

AfroP
11-08-2011, 03:40 PM
the stadium truck class doesn't exist anywhere outside of the US unfortunately.
I used to run an RC-10T2 back in the day, racing against JRX-T's and XXt's was always a good laugh.

Darren Boyle
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
If you saw the "spy" shots on live rc the other day too, you will see a truck sat next to it in the boot of that truck with some SC nerf side and rear bumpers on it, 22SCT??? Now THAT would be quite cool............

bzb
11-08-2011, 03:50 PM
no thats confirmed a 4x4 sct losi, too bad, but this new truck only needs a small change to a sc, sow maybe...

TKG26
11-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I love my durango 410... But me horney to see a TLR22-4WD

hansie
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Hello all,

The 22 buggy's are getting faster and faster as people find
out the tricks and set-ups.
If you're running on high grip tracks the 22 is very good
out of the box.
Al the info gathered with the 22 buggy is probably usable on the
truck as well.
This truck will be good and if you're allready running a 22 buggy
this is a very nice addition to your car collection I imagine.
I like the looks of it................

Hans

styleone
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
If you saw the "spy" shots on live rc the other day too, you will see a truck sat next to it in the boot of that truck with some SC nerf side and rear bumpers on it, 22SCT??? Now THAT would be quite cool............


Or even a mini 22 for the micro x?.....oh go on losi you know you love a cheaky mini chassis :thumbsup:

ryanlownie
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I know Southport club tried reviving the Truck class, whether that was a success or not I don't know..

Either way you will see them I'm sure, there's always been a few indoors with the SC's up here. Just a fun class over here I think.

Nik the name
11-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Over here in Germany, the truck class is still alive. :thumbsup:
There are 51 entries for the nats in the truck class this weekend, i hope there will be even more in the future.
But SCT-Racing is constantly growing, I'm afraid a lot of people will switch to racing those huge weird things. :cry:

BTT: I like the way the chassis looks, if it's as good as the buggy (no joke, I love my 22 :thumbsup:) it should handle well.
But what did the guy think, who designed the shell? :bored:

mrspeedy
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
But what did the guy think, who designed the shell? :bored:

Hey don't knock it, it could have been forward cab :lol:

ryanlownie
11-08-2011, 06:51 PM
It'll grow on people, the body design.

I remember when they released the 8IGHT-T 2.0 and immediately thought how the hell did they allow that body design to even leave paper!

Nowadays I think it looks the bollocks! It's just something new isn't it, time will change your thoughts :)

styleone
11-08-2011, 09:57 PM
It'll grow on people, the body design.

I remember when they released the 8IGHT-T 2.0 and immediately thought how the hell did they allow that body design to even leave paper!

Nowadays I think it looks the bollocks! It's just something new isn't it, time will change your thoughts :)

Its very true Ry, a lot of shells and chassis shapes get stick when they first get unvieled, with people saying they are 'ugly' and so on but like evrything, people warm to new designs. The way I look at it is at least the designers are pushing the style and not just bashing out the same old looks. Its good for the sport to be moving forwards with looks and technology. Makes our hobby fresh and exciting :)

Nik the name
11-08-2011, 10:19 PM
There are some new pictures of Truhes truck at the ROAR Nats on The Big RC.
http://www.thebigrc.com/?p=1227

Still not sure about the body, although I loved the 8ight T 2.0 shell the first time I saw it, but maybe you're right and the 22T shell will grow on me. :)

Bugle
12-08-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm surprised they made the body boxier than an RC10T shell :lol:

the stadium truck class doesn't exist anywhere outside of the US unfortunately.
I used to run an RC-10T2 back in the day, racing against JRX-T's and XXt's was always a good laugh.

We've had truck class in Australia for about as long as the US..
T2's are awesome, still got my T2 which I got new back in the day. Tried it with a 5.5t and the slipper couldn't hold it :lol:

bzb
12-08-2011, 06:02 AM
i like the body, looks modern/new edgy/japan style :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Pricing indicates about a tenner more than the 22 Buggy.

Strangely it has come out at £199.99 RRP which is £15 less (for more - if that makes sense) than the buggy??!!

Projectzip
12-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Going against the grain I wonder if the chassis is longer?

Super long 22 Buggy anyone ;)

PaulUpton
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I shall be ordering one :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
12-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I shall be ordering one :thumbsup:

"Chassis" or "whole truck" Paul?

PaulUpton
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
"Chassis" or "whole truck" Paul?

Whole truck :thumbsup:

Southwell
12-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Strangely it has come out at £199.99 RRP which is £15 less (for more - if that makes sense) than the buggy??!!

Maybe to spark more interest? Demand and all that.
I would personally love to see the stadium truck meetings coming back, but wouldn't buy one until something does happen, but that wont happen unless people buy them. Kind of a catch 22....

Darren Boyle
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Kind of a catch 22....

Good advertising slogan there for them!!

You make a good point though.......

mjk37
13-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Going against the grain I wonder if the chassis is longer?

Super long 22 Buggy anyone ;)

Just heard on the RC cast podcast in an interview with one of the developers that the chassis is actually only 2mm longer because the buggy is so long already.

ryanlownie
15-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Strangely it has come out at £199.99 RRP which is £15 less (for more - if that makes sense) than the buggy??!!

Yep not wrong! I was going off the prices on the TLR site when it had first been put on there, the truck is $10 more on there but the UK price is obviously different.

Darren Boyle
15-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Ry, seems strange to me and it is not as if the exchange have moved much since the buggy arrived either..... but hey ho, anything that is "cheaper" than expected is always a good thing I guess

JohnM
15-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe since trucks aren't big over here, they need to try and make people buy one, instead of expecting them to get one like they will in the States.

ryanlownie
15-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Yep, you can always rely on Losi for decent pricing. You'd usually expect a price to be much much higher than a USA price but Losi stuff isn't so bad really.

I think £200 for the truck is a great price, shame there just isn't much trucking being done over here, I'd get one if there was a class for it!

PaulUpton
15-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Yep, you can always rely on Losi for decent pricing. You'd usually expect a price to be much much higher than a USA price but Losi stuff isn't so bad really.

I think £200 for the truck is a great price, shame there just isn't much trucking being done over here, I'd get one if there was a class for it!

Not only is it a good price but you get 2 sets of wheels and 2 body shells I'm sold :thumbsup:

PaulUpton
15-08-2011, 03:32 PM
TLR website has stuff for the 22t listed that is released early September. So could the truck be released earlier than October :thumbsup: fingers crossed

I'm more excited about this than the 22 :p

styleone
20-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Sorry if this info is already on here but could not find an answer, whens this monster due for U.K release please? Anybody know how much longer it is compared to the 22?

Nice one chaps :)

Michiel H.
20-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Matt chambers said 4 or 5 millimeter.