View Full Version : TLR 22 must haves
OneKiwi
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Mine arrived today... yah
Anyway what are some must haves for the car?
Im looking at the low friction o rings and a few different springs anything else that should be on the shopping list?
Martyn (Bomber)
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Mine arrived today... yah
Anyway what are some must haves for the car?
Im looking at the low friction o rings and a few different springs anything else that should be on the shopping list?
Cermaic diff balls (geared diff when it's released)
Nicks tapered pistons (3 or 5 hole work good on UK tracks)
Rudebits under lipo weight, 74g is a good all round weight (side pod weights also work well)
lots of rear tyres as the 22 eats tyres, I can feel the difference after a couple of races from new.
TKG26
12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Speaking of tires. WE run the shummi mini pins. They have a very short life. Some guys change them every 2 races. I try to make them last but after 4 race nites they suck. yellow or blue compound seem to wear out just as fast
slow bob
12-08-2011, 04:24 PM
yeah but at £5.99 a set its not the end of the world i change my tyres every meeting ..
a must have for the losi is the spring set ..
I'd say 5 degree caster blocks, XXX4 Aurora ear wing and some springs.
Where's slowbob getting tires from at £5.99 a pair, last time I bought schumachers they were almost 8quid a pair!
nicVEGAchildJR
12-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I get my tyres for 5.99 aswell
OneKiwi
12-08-2011, 09:24 PM
what are people using as stand offs when you are making your own lipo straps? would the B44 ones work?
Is there any one making a strap and or esc holder (mid motor) here on oople
fastinfastout
13-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Mine arrived today... yah
Anyway what are some must haves for the car?
Im looking at the low friction o rings and a few different springs anything else that should be on the shopping list?
new tyres every run:woot:
22 seems to only work on high traction tracks, and tends to get more rear end happy than any other car I've had/own
rcjunky
13-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Speaking of tires. WE run the shummi mini pins. They have a very short life. Some guys change them every 2 races. I try to make them last but after 4 race nites they suck. yellow or blue compound seem to wear out just as fast
So theres why I'm slow, I get about 8 nights out of a set, lets just say my set up is completely differant by the last few nights:woot:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.