PDA

View Full Version : Vega Elite - Kyosho RB5 'new' longer chassis


RudeTony
15-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Many of you may know or have seen the Team Vega lads testing a new longer chassis amongst other things. We are always trying to improve on what is already a great car and recently different length chassis have been in testing.

At the Southport National I fitted a new 10mm longer chassis for the first time as I was away on holiday when some of the testing got done.
I changed after round 2 of the National and I straight away went near half a second a lap quicker and more importantly the car was so so much easier to drive, even round the demanding Southport track and without any testing of my own either.
I trsusted Jon's judgement to just stick to my normal set up and see the change. Same shocks and so on, just a chassis change. After the first run I changed to a slightly softer front spring to introduce a little more steering to normal as this new chassis makes the rear of the car even safer than ever before so a little more steering to go even quicker was needed. The car was just great everywhere to the degree it took some courage to go quicker through some section not beliving the car could do it. Bumpy sections were so much easier.
Jon Spencer was putting in top 10 in round times through the day and that was enough to get him 12th at the National.
Kevin Lee (set up King himself - LOL) got 3rd in the main A Final running the same chassis.

I have just spoken to Lewis at Team XTreme and he is putting the chassis in production for all, so I suppose get on the email and let them know if you want one or get in touch with 'InsideLine' as no doubt Kev will stock it too.

styleone
15-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Many of you may know or have seen the Team Vega lads testing a new longer chassis amongst other things. We are always trying to improve on what is already a great car and recently different length chassis have been in testing.

At the Southport National I fitted a new 10mm longer chassis for the first time as I was away on holiday when some of the testing got done.
I changed after round 2 of the National and I straight away went near half a second a lap quicker and more importantly the car was so so much easier to drive, even round the demanding Southport track and without any testing of my own either.
I trsusted Jon's judgement to just stick to my normal set up and see the change. Same shocks and so on, just a chassis change. After the first run I changed to a slightly softer front spring to introduce a little more steering to normal as this new chassis makes the rear of the car even safer than ever before so a little more steering to go even quicker was needed. The car was just great everywhere to the degree it took some courage to go quicker through some section not beliving the car could do it. Bumpy sections were so much easier.
Jon Spencer was putting in top 10 in round times through the day and that was enough to get him 12th at the National.
Kevin Lee (set up King himself - LOL) got 3rd in the main A Final running the same chassis.

I have just spoken to Lewis at Team XTreme and he is putting the chassis in production for all, so I suppose get on the email and let them know if you want one or get in touch with 'InsideLine' as no doubt Kev will stock it too.

WOW! Sounds brilliant Tony :thumbsup: Did I read your post correctly mate? Are Xtreme doing this longer chassis for all Vega models? Any ideas on retail price for the finished product yet?

Cant wait to try one out :wub

RudeTony
16-08-2011, 05:29 AM
WOW! Sounds brilliant Tony :thumbsup: Are Xtreme doing this longer chassis for all Vega models? Any ideas on retail price for the finished product yet? Cant wait to try one out :wub

Hi yah Stuart, I just don't know mate. A quick email to them and you will know what's what. I would guess at yes to a request for a longer chassis on the other models but I have no idea on the pricing - sorry.
By the way the shell still fits perfect, just drill another front mounting hole. :)

njc11
16-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Have to say watching Kev's and John's on the saturday they looked so much better.. Looked really stable and easier/safer car to drive all round! The original is still very good, but i found it a very nervey drive..hence prefering my usual ride.. I for one will be trying a longer chassis at somepoint i reckon..:thumbsup:
Will you be bringing a chassis to the F2's Mr E? ;)
Oh that part you want is UMW519!
:thumbsup:

RudeTony
16-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Hi Nick, thanks, I was looking for that part number yestersday when a put my order in for the Euros. I will be running the longer chassis at the F2s and I have no doubt you guys could too if you give XTreme a shout - more than enough time for your chassis to be at the F2s - less than 10 mins to change over if your electrics are mounted on the centre weight.....

styleone
16-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi yah Stuart, I just don't know mate. A quick email to them and you will know what's what. I would guess at yes to a request for a longer chassis on the other models but I have no idea on the pricing - sorry.
By the way the shell still fits perfect, just drill another front mounting hole. :)

Cheers Tony mate,

I'm going to get in touch with Lewis or Kev and try and gather some more recon info for my 201 vega :) I've got the Rudebits brass slapped up in mine so all electrics are mounted on top, a quick change round as you suggest mate. Thanks for posting, let us know how yours runs next outing mate :D

:thumbsup: