PDA

View Full Version : Red is my favorites, come in and take a look


Dragontune
19-08-2011, 11:38 AM
After 3 months development, finally get it done of my 2nd generation of the XXX-M (Mid motor version of XXX-CR)

Projectzip
19-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Thats awesome! What material is it made from?

Dragontune
19-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Thats awesome! What material is it made from?

The chassis , 4 gears gear box are CNC machined with a special solid plastic block. Others like the Rear Shock Tower, Battery mount plate, etc are made with the Red GF Board.:lol:

ryanlownie
19-08-2011, 01:30 PM
That IS seriously cool!

GRIFF55
19-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Very nice!!!!:drool:

rcjunky
19-08-2011, 03:26 PM
What is the wheelbase? Me likey alot, reminds me of the c4.1. PM sent

Dragontune
19-08-2011, 04:24 PM
What is the wheelbase? Me likey alot, reminds me of the c4.1. PM sent

The wheel base is around 6mm longer than the original CR, that is the experience I got from my 1st version of XXX-M. A bit longer wheel base will get better balance for the Mid config.

Show you some more feature I improved in this version. I designed a new rear arm mount and the Toe in block also.

Dragontune
19-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I been asked in PM for about the material block.
That's the one, an injection plastic alloy material block I did by my own

Wacker 2
19-08-2011, 11:18 PM
luvin your work! :thumbsup:

styleone
19-08-2011, 11:50 PM
After 3 months development, finally get it done of my 2nd generation of the XXX-M (Mid motor version of XXX-CR)

:drool::drool: That is one brilliant build!! Is there much flex in that material you used for the chassis?...looks like Satan himself has taken to 1/10th off road ;) amazing work and some truly breath taking details

styleone
19-08-2011, 11:53 PM
The wheel base is around 6mm longer than the original CR, that is the experience I got from my 1st version of XXX-M. A bit longer wheel base will get better balance for the Mid config.

Show you some more feature I improved in this version. I designed a new rear arm mount and the Toe in block also.

Sorry but this just gets better every time I look at it.....the nicest home brew mid I have seen in a while....the toe blocks are wicked...very well done sir :thumbsup:

lcpvcce
20-08-2011, 04:39 AM
wonderful......................:wub

OneKiwi
20-08-2011, 06:49 AM
When is your production starting and whats the price? :thumbsup:

Well done loverly work

eugene
20-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Very nice!!!!:wub

HeavyD99
20-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Impressive skills!

Love the rear toe blocks.

Somebody get this man a XX4 to work on!

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Sorry but this just gets better every time I look at it.....the nicest home brew mid I have seen in a while....the toe blocks are wicked...very well done sir :thumbsup:

Thanks:lol:

Foget to let you know that, by putting different thickness of the Block spacer, the anti-squat also can be ajusted from 1 degree to 3 degree

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 04:38 PM
When is your production starting and whats the price? :thumbsup:

Well done loverly work

After our local race by end of this month, all the final detail would be fixed. Then I will start to make few sets for my local friends. If you really want to get it, I can add you in the list.

The price is around £100-£120, not fixed yet. And this price will inclulded all below:

1) CNC Machined Main Chassis
2) CNC Machined (4 gears) Gear box
3) 9 pcs of CNC Machined (Red) Glass Fibre parts, like the Rear shock tower, battery mounting plate, supports.....etc.
4) 1 pair Al. servo mount
5) 3 pcs of Toe in Block (1.5, 2.5, 3.5 degree)
6) 1 pair of Al. Arm mount
7) Al. support posts
8) Full set of stainless steel screw in metric size ( 52 pcs)

styleone
21-08-2011, 04:57 PM
After our local race by end of this month, all the final detail would be fixed. Then I will start to make few sets for my local friends. If you really want to get it, I can add you in the list.

The price is around £100-£120, not fixed yet. And this price will inclulded all below:

1) CNC Machined Main Chassis
2) CNC Machined (4 gears) Gear box
3) 9 pcs of CNC Machined (Red) Glass Fibre parts, like the Rear shock tower, battery mounting plate, supports.....etc.
4) 1 pair Al. servo mount
5) 3 pcs of Toe in Block (1.5, 2.5, 3.5 degree)
6) 1 pair of Al. Arm mount
7) Al. support posts
8) Full set of stainless steel screw in metric size ( 52 pcs)

Few questions for you mate, what's the strength like with glass fibre towers etc? And are you only going to produce this style on conversion for xxx cr?

Either way I'd be interested in discussing getting you to make one for me :) it looks brilliant, if it drives as well as it looks then its gonna be a treat...top work

styleone
21-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Impressive skills!

Love the rear toe blocks.

Somebody get this man a XX4 to work on!


As a die hard xx4 fan I'd pay good money to see this guy build a red spec one :D buggy porn! Lol

GRIFF55
21-08-2011, 05:08 PM
What shell is run on this? 22?

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 05:09 PM
:drool::drool: That is one brilliant build!! Is there much flex in that material you used for the chassis?...looks like Satan himself has taken to 1/10th off road ;) amazing work and some truly breath taking details

For the flex, I had the same worry as like you during the development status. That's why I tuned different type of material for testing and the constructional design had been changed for sereval time.

Then when I built up the car with the final version, you just can't believe how strong it is.

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Few questions for you mate, what's the strength like with glass fibre towers etc? And are you only going to produce this style on conversion for xxx cr?

Either way I'd be interested in discussing getting you to make one for me :) it looks brilliant, if it drives as well as it looks then its gonna be a treat...top work

So, should I add you in the list??:D

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 05:13 PM
As a die hard xx4 fan I'd pay good money to see this guy build a red spec one :D buggy porn! Lol

The problem is, how can I get a XX4 on my table.:cry:
Let me make calls to my friends first

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Work hard in the weekend to clean up the original CR parts and do the final assembly of the baby. Get really for the coming race.

Dragontune
21-08-2011, 05:52 PM
What shell is run on this? 22?

In my planning, I will make a typical shell for this kit. But still not finish the design.

So during the development, I consider the shell mounting also. So that's why I decided to put the shell mount post on the battery mounting plate. In theory, it can fit for most kinds of 2WD buggy shell.

I am not really sure the 22 shell can fit it or not as I didn't have a 22 shell on hand. The only worries is the width of the Front neck position. Let me check it up with my friend's 22

Attached photos will show you how it look like with puting on my old CR shell

styleone
21-08-2011, 06:29 PM
What shell is run on this? 22?



Good point Griff, its slimmer than Kate Moss in the house of mirrors :D

The new Phat Bodies 22 would look nice? Or maybe even the new c4.1/s2 shell? Hummmm maybe a bit long for this beast me thinks :)