View Full Version : 2wd set up
steve-thebabystore
25-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Just invested in a TRF201 and will be running it next week alongside the repaired Blast. Any particular set up tips for the astro? Will not run anything hotter than a 9t at first so tyres/shocks best tips please.
Ritchie T
25-08-2011, 06:21 PM
3mm shim on the upright for the bump steer.
The original staggers always seem to work well.
I found if the astro is really high grip if helps to move the front camber link to the outside hole on the C hub, usually helps with grip role.
http://www.trfracing.co.uk/page_1265126433672.html
mattb
25-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I think tyre wise the lads running 2wd use shumacher yellow mini spike rear and staggered rib fronts
tisher
25-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I think tyre wise the lads running 2wd use shumacher yellow mini spike rear and staggered rib fronts
yep worn mini spikes on the back and I was running really worn yellow mini pins up front because I dont have any staggered ribs
steve-thebabystore
26-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys, looking forward to getting out there.
steve-thebabystore
01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
3mm shim on the upright for the bump steer.
The original staggers always seem to work well.
I found if the astro is really high grip if helps to move the front camber link to the outside hole on the C hub, usually helps with grip role.
http://www.trfracing.co.uk/page_1265126433672.html
Goign to sound stupid but here goes - where is the 3mm shim supposed to be placed?:confused:
coleman758
01-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Goign to sound stupid but here goes - where is the 3mm shim supposed to be placed?:confused:
Under the ball stud on the steering arm.
EDIT: Not on the camber link. its on the end of the steering link. That ball stud.
Ritchie T
01-09-2011, 01:29 PM
What he said :)
Ritchie T
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I think i changed to a longer ballstud aswell because the thread only goes a few mm into the plastic once the shim is on.
steve-thebabystore
03-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.