View Full Version : rb5 carpet setup?
Hi,i will be running the vega indoors on carpet,are there anythings you change when you go indoor,apart from tires:thumbsup:.......has anyone tried the dboot indoor tire yet?
thanks,
Adam F
30-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I run Matt O's setup everywhere and its pretty much perfect for me, just playing with weight and wheelbase depending on if its dry/wet and bumpy or smooth as per Kev's advice in the setups section.
I run Matt O's setup everywhere and its pretty much perfect for me, just playing with weight and wheelbase depending on if its dry/wet and bumpy or smooth as per Kev's advice in the setups section.
thanks x313,would you mind dropping me a pm with your exact setup plz,thanks
Adam F
30-08-2011, 02:04 PM
This is taken from Matt O's setup (Chuckie Stella on here) so I take no credit for just how good this is :wub (the love is for the setup, not Matt before he gets worried.)
I used to run this at Moto arena which was part carpet/multi surface... but I also ran it on Sunday at Broxtowe with no changes and the car was awesome!
Front
35wt Oil (associated)
Piston 2c
Orange spring #55
Outside hole on wishbone
Middle on Tower
Wide Track
Inner link position - middle with 2 washers
Outer link - long
Pivot block spacers - None
Kick up - 30 degree
Rear
27.5wt oil (Losi)
Piston 3a
Blue Spring #68
New Inside hole on wishbone (drilled one hole in from original postion)
3rd hole out on tower
Wheelbase - long on hub, short inner
Camber link inner - lower, outer hole
Camber link hub - (0 deg alloy hub) inner hole (shortest-alloy)
Roll bar - none
Tyres - Yellow Mini pins rear and staggers front (old style, no foam)
Rudebits under speedo weight - 92g
Rudebits under lipo weight - 62g
Wing - Team Xtreme. (I run the high downforce one, but the team run the med from memory)
7.5 geared 25/kit spur
tomtom
30-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Same here, run Matt setup on very high grip astro with minipins/stagger and it rocks.
Big thanks to him for that, so I can concentrate on driving :thumbsup:
Think you can make small changes to it of course but it's a great base setup.
Didn't use the under lipo weight.
Adam F
30-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeh, its a fair point.. Normally take the under lipo out if its not bumpy..
tomtom
30-08-2011, 03:48 PM
I thought the underlipo weight slow the car down so did not use it either if my track is bumpy. mine is 104g
Did you use it and have a better handling on bumpy track ?
thanks chaps,looking forward to trying it friday:thumbsup:
Adam F
30-08-2011, 07:36 PM
For me it seems to make the car more stable over the bumps, mine is not quite as heavy and was what the team lads told me to get...
Hey if its good enough for them etc etc.. :thumbsup:
Adam F
30-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Reg, where is the racing this friday?
deepdale11
30-08-2011, 07:59 PM
He will be racing at Westbridgford in Nottingham,
http://www.wbmcc.com/
Reg, where is the racing this friday?
Ta Chris:thumbsup:...........Mat sometimes comes over so hopfully he can give the car the once over:thumbsup:.........as i dont have any Assosiated oil,do you know what losi oil is close to the 35wt
chuckie stella
31-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Ta Chris:thumbsup:...........Mat sometimes comes over so hopfully he can give the car the once over:thumbsup:.........as i dont have any Assosiated oil,do you know what losi oil is close to the 35wt
Hi mate,
Losi oil will be there about anyway.
Won't be coming this Friday cause of the preparation for the F2's this weekend. Although WB is an awesome club so I recommend you go soon Adam!
I too run the lipo weight on bumpy tracks. All I change for indoors in move the wheel base to short and move the rear shocks to the lower middle hole (inner if you haven't drilled a new one).
I will check the car later today to just make sure!
Tom, I haven't had time to forward the wing photo yet so sorry about that. I'm just finishing work after 26 hours so will do it for you ASAP.
Sorry about multiple answers guys. (time!!!!)
Matt
:o 26hours.....
thanks for the info Mat,look forward to seeing you both at the club,
do you run a washer under the rear hub camberlink and do you run front hub with the spacer in front or behind the hub.........one last thing do you run the vega steering thing,if so could you let me know the part number,
thanks and good luck at the wkend:thumbsup:
tomtom
31-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks Matt :thumbsup:
I know what you mean !
About the shock change do you mean middle holes on tower ?
Overall, but running short and shocks more oriented what you achieve
compare to your base setup ?
Less grip roll ? Due to minipins ?
Thanks !
Adam F
31-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Its the middle on the rear wishbones. (as you drill a third hole on the inside)
Thanks for the setup Adam,worked a treat:thumbsup:........nice to see 2 more vegas at the club:wub.....we usualy have more jumps but it was a good test,
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.