PDA

View Full Version : 22 diff plates


DCM
04-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Is there another option than the 'soft as cheese' kit diff plates? Do any other manufacturers fit?

reg
04-09-2011, 05:13 PM
ops must read properly

The Pookster
04-09-2011, 05:47 PM
If you mean the diff rings then the stock ones are the best I've used, two sets have done a full season and wear rates are very good.

DCM
04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
B4, Tamiya etc, I can do a full season on a pair of plates without really any worry, the Losi ones just are soft I think..... not running the diff tight (cause it makes the carry spin off power).

D20MCK
06-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Losi ones just are soft I think..... not running the diff tight (cause it makes the carry spin off power).

use the slipper clutch then!

DCM
06-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Erm, yes, the slipper clutch is used and correctly adjusted.

MisterYellow
09-09-2011, 02:24 PM
try this http://www.bfastrc.com/ works grate.

DCM
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
But the bfast plates are still only the kit losi ones, but flattened.

The Pookster
09-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I think this thread has not revealed options because there is nothing better than the kit ones. They are hardened and flat ground already.

DCM
09-09-2011, 06:49 PM
IF they are that good, why is the only other person I know, locally, running the ball diff in his Losi, munching plates to?

The Pookster
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not having a go just saying look at the evidence.

Kit rings are hardened and ground.
No one else has come on to this thread to agree that they are soft.
There is only one suggestion of an alternative.
I know lots of Losi 22 runners with ball diffs and not heard of any problems.

So doesn't this suggest that there is not an inherent problem with diff rings and that the problem with your car is something else?

jkclifford
09-09-2011, 08:39 PM
tbh i have found that the ceramic balls do give the plates a bit of a hiding, just turn em round that gives you another go for free!! Getting about 10 meetings before a rebuild.

lynx75
09-09-2011, 08:50 PM
The diff rings are excellent. I never had any problem at all. You could use 1.000 sandpaper to keep them new.

:thumbsup:

D20MCK
09-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I built my diff with rc lazy thrust/diff balls when I got the car, the diff is still super smooth and it's done loads of running. Really don't know what you are doing to the thing, I've found the 22 totally bomb proof.

DCM
09-09-2011, 10:06 PM
It is the only part I have had trouble with, I shall look again, I know it isn't slipping.

stegger
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
DCM you may have a doggy ball !!! Try NEW diff balls with new plates.

cryer-evo
18-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I think it's the balls not the plates