View Full Version : xx4 Slipper plate question
dibble34
04-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi All
I have the modified slipper in my xx4 so both sides are the same metal for 50/50 slip with orange pads. However i have just purchased a stronger rear belt so would like to change this to more like 60/40. My question is which plate gives the most grip, the standard front plate or the modified one (Sorry can't remember the name) Pretty sure i need to leave as is and put a black slipper pad in the rear for more drive, but open to suggestions..
Cheers
Dave
dibble34
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Anyone? Hoping to change it tonight and don't want to get it wrong as such a pain in the **** to change belts!
pedro72
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Dave
I've done the same sort of thing and am trying running a associated b4 spur with and the new high torque pad on the rear side and a normal one to drive the front, hope this makes some kind of sense.
Peter
dibble34
06-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Cheers Peter
I purchased one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160642962703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1156 the guy seems really sound and the belt looks a lot stronger than the green one. Asked him if he has side belts, but not yet
pugboy
07-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I believe the standard set up is the grey/black on to the rear which directs slightly more torque to the rear.
Legacy555
07-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Cheers Peter
I purchased one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160642962703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1156 the guy seems really sound and the belt looks a lot stronger than the green one. Asked him if he has side belts, but not yet
I had side belts made as I kept snapping the green ones.
The standard ones are nylon reinforced polyurathane (cheese) so a glass fibre reinforced rubber belt is much much stronger.
Best thing I ever did to the XX4.
The car's drivetrain is alot more efficient and is really quiet.
I had them made longer so that I could put an adjustable tensioner inside the housing and set the belt the way I wanted it. Tensioner is made from a XXX front axle nd two wheel bearings.
Works a treat.
Next time I have the belt housing open I'll take some pictures..... but you could be waiting a long time - new belt is a "fit'n'forget" type of part.
EDIT: I have 6 of these belts in stock. Will do 1 x belt + 1 x tensioner diagram/parts list (just the diagram, not the tensioner itself as most people have these bits in their spares box) + 1st class post for £9 - pm me
dibble34
07-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I had side belts made as I kept snapping the green ones.
The standard ones are nylon reinforced polyurathane (cheese) so a glass fibre reinforced rubber belt is much much stronger.
Best thing I ever did to the XX4.
The car's drivetrain is alot more efficient and is really quiet.
I had them made longer so that I could put an adjustable tensioner inside the housing and set the belt the way I wanted it. Tensioner is made from a XXX front axle nd two wheel bearings.
Works a treat.
Next time I have the belt housing open I'll take some pictures..... but you could be waiting a long time - new belt is a "fit'n'forget" type of part.
EDIT: I have 6 of these belts in stock. Will do 1 x belt + tensioner diagram/parts list + 1st class post for £9 - pm me
Do you run the standard green belt up front ? Interested in the side belt btw. You able to run less slip?
Legacy555
08-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Do you run the standard green belt up front ? Interested in the side belt btw. You able to run less slip?
No, I run the green belt up front. You could use a rubber belt but you'd have to work out how to get a tensioner into the front belt housing.
dibble34
08-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Hmm, not sure what to do. I'll have a think and PM you
Thanks
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.