View Full Version : Ludlow Radio Car Club return indoors
Big G
05-09-2011, 12:32 PM
It's that time of the year again when it's too dark and too cold to continue racing outdoors so we return to the school for our indoor season to begin.
Racing is done in the main hall of the local high school on wooden floor. the stage provides the rostrum which is perfect height and the canteen is used for pitting with ample tables/chairs and mains power for everyone. We have a small shop supplying tea/coffee, confectionary and canned drinks at very reasonable prices.
We run FTD qualifying over 3 rounds with a 7 minute final.
Entry is £4 for members and £5 for non members although if it's your 1st night it's free! We run BBK software and have handouts if you don't have a PT.
Schumacher yellow tyres work well in full spike, mini spike or mini pin flavours. The club has these for sale on the night if you're stuck.
The school is located just off the A49 at the north of Ludlow.
Postcode is SY8 1GJ
If you get lost you can call me on 07816 895164
the club also has a Facebook page found here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ludlow-Radio-Car-Club/155964321106142 with constant updates/news
here are a few video's filmed by our members of last season's racing.
wpXnerLxdFg
z-nOt_-3H9g
Big G
06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
opps. forgot to say. The club has it's own setup station which is free to use by anyone attending to make sure your setup is spot on :)
mdb_75
07-09-2011, 08:44 PM
We had some good racing last night, I really enjoyed being inside again! :thumbsup:
Most people seem to be back on the pace that they were last season with a few of them also having new cars, something to keep an eye on!
Thought it was £3 for menbers and £4 for non members though or have I been getting a discount? :lol:
Big G
08-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Yup I felt right at home from the off lol. Frustrating to be off the pace, but Dad said remember everyone else's cars got put away during the outdoor season whereas I completed a national and regional series with the same car lol. Still awesome fun.
Unfortunately the school put our hall rental cost up, but we absorbed it earlier in the year. I guess with the bustle of 1st night back Kev didn't update everyone :(
mdb_75
08-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Off the pace, TQ and the win G, you just wanted a bigger gap!
I think it's about time more was charged to race anyway, I'm sure I used to pay £3 back in 1987 when I used to race then! :lol: What's £3 nowadays anyway?? I'd happily pay £5 as a member.
Big G
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
it was £1 when I started 19 years ago :D
the hall was free for us then too :(
Vinny was all over me in terms of fastest lap. he was 0.4 faster than my fastest lap. I was only putting in the times because over the whole night I only needed marshalling twice and that was in the 1st race :) Like when I lapped Parry he held onto me for the rest of the night lol
mdb_75
08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Maybe it was less than £3 in '87 then, 24 years ago.....feeling old....!
I'm consistantly the slowest in our heat fastest lap wise, but luckily the other three crash three or four times per race to my once or so. They quite often slowly catch and pass me then crash and are 1/3 of a lap behind again so my average lap times end up the same as theirs. :woot:
Jedi Master
09-09-2011, 07:07 AM
I miss my racing, Ludlow is the only place I've raced at and it kills me that work is preventing me from getting over there. Was hoping to get back to it this summer, but will have to make a serious effort to get myself sorted and come back before Xmas.:D
Big G
09-09-2011, 08:11 AM
we're missing you Matt :D
daves2111s
27-09-2011, 01:12 PM
New LRCC indoor league:thumbsup:
Best 4 from 6 to count starting tonight 27/09/11
Sorry we couldn't start it last week Mark:p
daves2111s
29-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi folks the Tuesday night meeting is now changed to Wednesday 5th October due to parents evening at school:cry:
mdb_75
29-09-2011, 05:40 PM
That's ok for me! I'll let Rob know - he could have a new racer with him next week too. :)
We checked the video + Rob did come first in his final. Maybe he should get a pt lol.
Check our 1st round points Dave. I think Wes + Vinny's are correct, but everyone else has one point too many!
Chris Green
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Myself and Westie will be travelling over from Hereford tonight.
Would it help if I give anyone my details, to aid booking in prior to just turning up?
Cheers,
Chris
Big G
11-10-2011, 12:29 PM
it's fine just to turn up Chris
mdb_75
11-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Just turn up and book in when everyone else does, there's plenty of time.
Were you watching last week Chris, there was a couple of new faces there? See you later :)
ray carey
11-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Mark is comming tonight too. So hope to have a few new faces.
Big G
11-10-2011, 01:47 PM
That's good. more the merrier :)
Chris Green
12-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi Guys!
Well last night was great, better than I expected. :)
Apologies for making the final round of qualifying a little more "interesting" than usual. One of my rear shocks failed, dumping its oil on the track. A little shock oil goes a long way on the slippy floor! :o
Cheers to:
1. Wezzer for the loan of a charger. :thumbsup:
2. Westwood for lending me a pair of rear shocks for the final. :thumbsup:
Big G
12-10-2011, 08:07 AM
good to see you there Chris
Yes the finals were different lol. like driving on ice!
full detailed results are here http://www.ludlowradiocarclub.co.uk/mtg1/ressum.htm
Chris Green
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
good to see you there Chris
Yes the finals were different lol. like driving on ice!
full detailed results are here http://www.ludlowradiocarclub.co.uk/mtg1/ressum.htm
Thanks G.
Do you know what the little "c" stands for after my qualifying time here:
http://www.ludlowradiocarclub.co.uk/mtg1/heatrndsum.htm
Cheers.
Big G
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
correction.
did you miss a lap (or cheat lol)
it's there to show your time has been changed
*edit*
looks like lap 17 you missed the loop so dave added an extra lap on for you
mdb_75
12-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Guys!
Well last night was great, better than I expected. :)
Apologies for making the final round of qualifying a little more "interesting" than usual. One of my rear shocks failed, dumping its oil on the track. A little shock oil goes a long way on the slippy floor! :o
That was your doing was it! :lol:
I thought you got on well - a new car, new club etc.
Chris Green
12-10-2011, 08:12 PM
correction.
did you miss a lap (or cheat lol)
it's there to show your time has been changed
*edit*
looks like lap 17 you missed the loop so dave added an extra lap on for you
Ahh ok, I understand! Thanks G.
That was your doing was it! :lol:
I thought you got on well - a new car, new club etc.
Yep, guilty as charged, sorry :blush:. Although I didn't actually assemble the shocks myself (Only picked the car up on Sunday.
I was fairly pleased with how I got on. I've only ever ran a 4WD Buggy for 1 heat before (5 mins), so I wasn't really expecting a lot.
The surface takes a bit of getting used to aswell!
See you all soon. Probably not next week, but the week after. :)
mdb_75
25-10-2011, 06:41 AM
No racing for us this week as the School's closed for half term. :(
Chris Green
25-10-2011, 07:27 AM
No racing for us this week as the School's closed for half term. :(
Yep. :thumbdown:
Sad about that. I've just rebuild my shocks, all ready to go.
See you next week though.
Big G
25-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I think a few people are popping up to Telford's club on wednesday Chris. I'm still undecided myself and keeping my fingers crossed that my 2wd shell will be back from paint so I can use that there.
Chris Green
09-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Congratulations Big G for winning the club league last night :thumbsup:
mdb_75
09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Yep well done Gareth! :thumbsup:
Chris Green
16-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Well done on your FTD last night Michael!
Who uploads the results onto the Ludlow club website? They are very efficient! Top job. :)
mdb_75
16-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks Chris, Just a shame the final didn't go to plan!
Dave uploads the results, he's pretty quick especially as he lives Stourport way somewhere!
The vid of the final is up on youtube just search for 75mdb (or click on the link to an older vid in my sig).
Chris Green
27-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Hello!
A couple of weeks ago, it was mentioned that this week would be a team event? Does anyone know if the format of this has been decided? Do I need to prepare anything in particular for this? Or can I just turn up and race?
Thanks,
Chris
mdb_75
27-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Just turn up and race, but you will need a mounting hole for handout pt's if you don't already have one.
Chris Green
27-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Just turn up and race, but you will need a mounting hole for handout pt's if you don't already have one.
A handout? How come Michael?
mdb_75
27-11-2011, 08:52 PM
A handout? How come Michael?
As I understand it each team is going to be given one handout pt for the night and it has to be changed over from one car to the next as each driver + car swap over.
Chris Green
27-11-2011, 09:37 PM
As I understand it each team is going to be given one handout pt for the night and it has to be changed over from one car to the next as each driver + car swap over.
Ahh ok. I guess that means that each team would have at least one higher skilled driver, and one lower skilled. Are there teams of 2 drivers then?
mdb_75
27-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Teams of four I think.
One driving, one marshalling, one ready to drive and one to swap transponders over from the one car to the next F1 style!
The teams will be picked so that each teams ability level is mixed, one driver from each of our normal heats or so.
westie
27-11-2011, 09:58 PM
I believe its one driver from each heat to make a team
Big G
27-11-2011, 10:07 PM
We are hoping for 20 drivers to turn up to make 5 teams of 4. If they don't then we might run 6 teams of 3 or 4 teams of 4. Just need to see how many turn up.
Team captains? Will be myself, wez, parry, vinny and Goode (assuming all turn up).
The rest of the teams (as luke says) will be 1 driver from his/her usual heat at random.
1 handout transponder per team so all cars will need some method of mounting this to the car. PT's can be left in.
Big G
27-11-2011, 10:08 PM
double post oops
Big G
30-11-2011, 09:58 AM
What a great night!
The team race was a great success. A lot of fun for everyone. Certainly having a team marshall who only marshalled your team car made things funny. We've never seen some people run so fast!
Certainly close after 2hrs with only 2 laps in it between 1st and 2nd. Massive panic when a turnbuckle popped off the lead car with 90 seconds to go and the turnbuckle wasn't attached to the car anymore!
Great to see so many people around the track and getting involved. We'll run another no doubt before we return outdoors.
Video's and results will be online soon.
ray carey
30-11-2011, 11:25 AM
What a fab night. Manic from the start. Funny marshaling your own team car, when a car crashed in front of you and it wasnt yours you didnt need to do anything. Great night, thankyou. Roll on next one.
westie
30-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Had a great night apart from stripping the rear diff :woot: ,need's to be done again!
Chris Green
30-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I loved it too. Getting track time with all grades of drivers was the highlight for me.
I wouldnt mind doing it again soon!
wezzer
30-11-2011, 02:03 PM
what an awesome night , glad everyone enjoyed it , next is the 24hr :-D who would be up for that ? for charity ?
ray carey
30-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Me would Wezzer
mdb_75
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Massive panic when a turnbuckle popped off the lead car with 90 seconds to go and the turnbuckle wasn't attached to the car anymore!
You're telling me!, I was certainly panicing as I tried to get the thing back onto the car, my thumbs didn't want to work! :lol:
mdb_75
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
We need the second screen every week too, it's great to be able to see where everyone is in the race. :thumbsup:
westie
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
They did a 24 hour at ardent raceway the same weekend as the lemans, i'd be up for it as i missed the one at ardent. plus if we don't do it at ludlow we could get a team from ludlow to do the one at ardent next year. :thumbsup:
Big G
02-12-2011, 08:58 AM
We need the second screen every week too, it's great to be able to see where everyone is in the race. :thumbsup:
I have another monitor spare I can donate
Big G
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Next week is the last club night of 2011 and will be our Christmas Party
Which means free racing for everyone. mince pies, sausage rolls and beers (enjoy responsibly or car pool!)
AGM date will be decided shortly and I hope everyone can attend.
another Team race will be arranged also in the new year.
Big G
11-01-2012, 12:06 PM
the AGM has been set for Thursday the 19th of Jan 8pm at Kevin's house. 14 Fishmore Road, Ludlow. SY8 2LU. If you're lost call/text me on 07816 895164
All members are welcome and encouraged to attend to have their voice heard.
Mark Parry has raised the issue of improving our outdoors season so I think that will be the main topic, but of course any you have please come along.
As usual Sue will be feeding and watering us. Beer, wine, tea, etc will be on offer :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.