View Full Version : rc18b2/t2 steering issue
styleone
12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi folks, having deconstructed and reconstructed the front end on my buggy several times I still can't solve an issue I am having with my steering. Throwing right lock is really tight and results in a loud click and mad strain on the servo. All steering assembly appears to be free but I just can't get it to run smooth :o
Anybody experienced the same trouble? The rod ends are sometimes to blame for these kind of issues I have found but they all seem in perfect order? :confused:
Cheers for any feedback from other users
MHeadling
12-09-2011, 12:43 PM
My FT RC18 B2 was built as per kit, only issue I had when trying different toe in/out on the car was the turnbuckles binding on the ball stud as they are a bit too long, I ground 2mm off them and problem solved.
Disconnect servo horn and give the steering a push and see where it binds??
Maybe the hub bolts are too tight?? Bent hinge pin??
sldmodels
12-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I've had similar issues with other cars, check the steering range on your transmitter and try to reduce it.
mattybucks
12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I've had similar issues with other cars, check the steering range on your transmitter and try to reduce it.
+1 for this.
styleone
15-09-2011, 12:20 AM
My FT RC18 B2 was built as per kit, only issue I had when trying different toe in/out on the car was the turnbuckles binding on the ball stud as they are a bit too long, I ground 2mm off them and problem solved.
Disconnect servo horn and give the steering a push and see where it binds??
Maybe the hub bolts are too tight?? Bent hinge pin??
Thanks to all for the feedback and Mark you got it spot on mate, changed back rod ends to original rc18 ones and the whole thing is 100 percent better. The rodends are way to stiff out the box, it seems by adding the hex adjuster hole they have buggered the free play up just where its needed. The steering link rod ends have been as stiff as a north sea wind for ages and I tried taking some material out....but away with the evil stock ones and back to oldschool for a much nicer steering throw :)
Sorted
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.