View Full Version : where to buy
spiky
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
i have found a web site
http://www.pitside.co.uk/product/Speed_Passion_V3.0_Comp_BL_Motor%3B_6.5T_SP13865V3
and was looking at this moter for my b-max or a 5.5 at the same price what do u think and have u ever used this site befor
coleman758
12-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I have one of these, against the 6.5 X12 I think it lacks punch.
Although it's smoother and is cooler after a run.
captainlip
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Have to agree, I wouldnt go back to an SP, personal preference.
Id suggest x12, im going to try tekin in the near future.
Stotty
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Tekin are awsome!!!!
Si Coe
12-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't like the Speed Passion V3.0's built in connectors, but otherwise in a Bmax they are a better choice than an X12. They aren't as aggressive (which I'd say is a good thing, but others might not) and critically they run a lot cooler.
X12's can take the heat, but they need to be able to, as they get very hot. Given that Bmaxes make pretty good ovens anyway, I'd prefer a cooler motor.
In a Bmax, Novaks just can't take the heat, LRP's are just too hot. Speed Passions can hack it, but they have daft connectors that sometimes come out. The best motor I've had in mine was an Orion. They seem a little out of fashion, but it didn't get too hot and coped well, whilst being a teeny bit quicker than the Speed Passion I replaced it with.
captainlip
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Orion have a really nice new motor out.
coleman758
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I need to drop my motor down in my 2WD and Im considering the new HPI flux. I've heard nothing but good comments!
budfish
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Tekin are awsome!!!!
I also prefer tekin also I've had all the motors mentioned apart from the Orion which I would not have due to the holes in the can holes= maintenance
The tekin is a sealed can and as smooth as captainlips chin!! Well he is a big baby!!!!:D
The tekin is a sealed can and as smooth as captainlips chin!! Well he is a big baby!!!!:D
Ive just been having facebook sex with captain tit tapes missus. Shes a dirty little minx, shes want me to cover her in his tacky tape and blow flour over her and tell me to watch where the damp patches appear.
Si Coe
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I also prefer tekin also I've had all the motors mentioned apart from the Orion which I would not have due to the holes in the can holes= maintenance
The tekin is a sealed can and as smooth as captainlips chin!! Well he is a big baby!!!!:D
True, but you need holes in the can in a Bmax or the heat kills the motor. Holes in the can but a bit of cleaning beats sealed can where the magnets debonded from the heat!
The latest version of the Bmax has a new chassis - identical geometry but no cell cutouts so they are calling it a 'lipo chassis'. But the big change is the big cutout under the motor, no doubt to aid cooling.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.