PDA

View Full Version : Pred x11 motor choice


styleone
15-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Just a quick question to gauge general thoughts guys, what turn motor are you all running in your Pred x11? Mine is finished now and I'm looking to get the electrics in shortly. I hear people run lesser powerful turn ratings due to the Preds efficient drive train and lighter gearbox internals?

I'm told no standard 4wd 5.5 and 6.5? apparently some are running 10.5's?

Any thoughts please...buggy will be used mostly indoor carpet at first I think

cheers for any helpful info :thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
15-09-2011, 12:01 PM
A good guide is to run whatever you'd be happy with in your 2wd on any given track. I run 6.5 in both my cars but on a small indoor track might change to a 7.5.

Most people usually run 1 wind hotter in the 4wd compared to the 2wd but with the pred thats not necessary.

Kev

styleone
15-09-2011, 12:22 PM
A good guide is to run whatever you'd be happy with in your 2wd on any given track. I run 6.5 in both my cars but on a small indoor track might change to a 7.5.

Most people usually run 1 wind hotter in the 4wd compared to the 2wd but with the pred thats not necessary.

Kev

Thats what I'm hearing regarding the x11 Kev, Thanks for the feedback mate. I was thinking of dropping a 7.5 in. I run 6.5's normally in my 2wd but just started attending a tight indoor track so I'll set up Pred as advised, cheers Kev, quick and helpful reply as always mate :thumbsup:

manic
15-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I am running a 7.5 on a tightish out door astro but only at about 85%as its to quick but will be going indoors soon so any advice will be greatful

manic

InsideLineModels
15-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Thats what I'm hearing regarding the x11 Kev, Thanks for the feedback mate. I was thinking of dropping a 7.5 in. I run 6.5's normally in my 2wd but just started attending a tight indoor track so I'll set up Pred as advised, cheers Kev, quick and helpful reply as always mate :thumbsup:

What electrics are you thinking of going for?

styleone
15-09-2011, 02:14 PM
What electrics are you thinking of going for?

Well, I really like the look of the new ORCA system....but may end up with SP or Novak

InsideLineModels
15-09-2011, 02:44 PM
If you go with the orca I'm sure we can sort you out with a good combo package price :-)

manic
15-09-2011, 04:17 PM
sorry for my ignorance but what is brca esc and motors, is it "legal " equipment no questions asked compaired to named stuff eg tekin novac venom, as when i used to race every thing run on a price limit, i guessing its still the same but a bit higher tho lol, bet i sound a bit thick now lol

ben

InsideLineModels
15-09-2011, 04:28 PM
sorry for my ignorance but what is brca esc and motors, is it "legal " equipment no questions asked compaired to named stuff eg tekin novac venom, as when i used to race every thing run on a price limit, i guessing its still the same but a bit higher tho lol, bet i sound a bit thick now lol

ben

In offroad there is no control over the speed controller. It's just the motor and cells that fall under the electric boards control. If you are not sure when getting new bits you can check it's on the eb list by taking a look in the brca website. If you are buying new, shops should be able to advise you whether it's brca, efra (etc) approved.

Kev

manic
15-09-2011, 04:54 PM
or just order from you. and that is what i am going to do in the next couple weeks, i looking at getting a 2wd car soon but looking about

ben

styleone
08-10-2011, 11:04 AM
or just order from you. and that is what i am going to do in the next couple weeks, i looking at getting a 2wd car soon but looking about

ben


Ben, I know we may be a tad biased in this sub forum ;) but get a vega for your 2wd mate, if you already own xtreme buggys then you will completely buzz of a vega, I have the 201 version and its just so amazingly well built with a tough construction and the gearbox is so smooth its as if there are no gears in it! Vega all the way mate :)