View Full Version : What esc I should get
Deano577
15-09-2011, 08:56 PM
What do you think off lrp Sxx tc spec?
Or what would you recomend
dibble34
15-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I run this http://www.giantcod.co.uk/xerun120asd-brushless-p-405854.html
Half price speed passion gt2:thumbsup:
What motor do you run? If 8.5 or above you might get away with the lpf version
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/xerun60asd-brushless-competitive-p-405855.html
You can even run the SP Firmware on them
andyroooo
15-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I have a couple of those hobby wing 2.1 speedos too and cannot fault them for the money. I think racers in exile have dropped the price of theirs now because a updated version is in the pipeline.
Deano577
16-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks I run 6.5 in 2wd
Randall34
16-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Meant to reply to your text about this Dean. I ran XErun speedos (i had one in each car) since i started back racing and i never had an issue with either, and they had been re-soldered and re-soldered and took alot of abuse too. They ran 5.5t happily and never thermalled.
I got a SP EX GT2.1 at the start of the year, it has no fan and and it is very good. But for the money i would say that the hobbywing ones are well good value, and as Dave said you can use speed passion software that a few people at Torch have.
I've no experience of LRP products so can't comment.
Hi Dean
Another vote for the hobbywing speedos. LRP are also very good but do not see they are worth the extra cost.
I have Xtreme stock (60a) versions in mine and Jack's 2WDs (I am running a 7.5T) and they have run with zero problems all season.
I've just bought a 4WD and want to run a 6.5T so am going to get a 120a version as I think it might be a bit too much for the 60a version. They are £90 including postage at the moment.
Cheers
Rob
Deano577
16-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks every one for your comments I think it's the hobby wing for me
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.