PDA

View Full Version : losi 22 gearing


slipknot666
17-09-2011, 03:31 PM
right guys just a coupkle of quick questions for you. what gearing would be good for a losi 22 running a 6.5 motor?

thanks
james

Gnarly Old Dog
17-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Much depends on which motor and ESC you have and whether or not you are using timing advance or turbo boost but if it helps you at all, I've been running an Xcelorin 6.5T with a Nosram ITSC v2 all year with no turbo or advance and I've been geared on 21/76.

I understand those that run the SP v3 motors tend to gear higher but you can always start off conservatively and gear up if need be.

HTH

Martyn (Bomber)
17-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I run an SXX V2 & 6.5 Octa-Wind with the timing turned off on the SXX and the Octa-Wind set at -10 degrees (mechanical), 20/76 gearing ;)

ronny191
18-09-2011, 08:37 AM
SP GT PRO & SP V3 7.5 T here.

after some fidling with the pinions an temp measures came to 21/76. no boost or timing.

i do wanna say that i run on a fairly big track with a long straight.
last weekend i went from an intellect 60c saddle to a Turnigy nano tech 65-130c! wow that was like running a faster motor man.

so a good lipo is also a factor in your gearing;)

slipknot666
18-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I run an SXX V2 & 6.5 Octa-Wind with the timing turned off on the SXX and the Octa-Wind set at -10 degrees (mechanical), 20/76 gearing ;)


thats the gear ill be running....:thumbsup: when i get it all ordered and built ill go for that gearing then i take it the 76 spur is whats in the kit?

james

Martyn (Bomber)
18-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Yep, 76 spur is standard ;)