View Full Version : The Naul
mixer
19-09-2011, 03:10 PM
http://oople.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=4355&albumid=549&dl=1316444686&thumb=1 (http://oople.com/forums/album.php?albumid=549&pictureid=4355)http://oople.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=4354&albumid=549&dl=1316444686&thumb=1 (http://oople.com/forums/album.php?albumid=549&pictureid=4354)http://oople.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=4353&albumid=549&dl=1316444686&thumb=1 (http://oople.com/forums/album.php?albumid=549&pictureid=4353)
noreargrip
20-09-2011, 10:07 AM
oh no the jump of death...lol...great to see the naul once again...
looking forward to it...is the jump the same size?...just asking as lots of people were having trouble with it..including me...was just a guess most of the time...we will find out soon enough lol..
MiCk B.
20-09-2011, 10:22 AM
The jumps this year will be of a much more car friendly design.
Should also allow for much better racing and less breakages.
MiCk B. :-)
The jumps this year will be of a much more car friendly design.
Should also allow for much better racing and less breakages.
MiCk B. :-)
Will there be Thursday night racing agaion at the Naul?
Legacy555
20-09-2011, 11:39 AM
oh no the jump of death...lol...great to see the naul once again...
looking forward to it...is the jump the same size?...just asking as lots of people were having trouble with it..including me...was just a guess most of the time...we will find out soon enough lol..
Those pics are from last year Mark. We should have news about the Naul today. We are hoping to have indoor astroturf this year instead of carpet, but we won't know till later in the week.
noreargrip
20-09-2011, 03:04 PM
ah last year...lol....indoor astro.....that would be amazing...but dont care what the surface is really as long as we race....feels like forever since ive raced...id race on horse shit right now if there was a few hoses laid on it
dmcracing
20-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Can be arranged Mark if you really want!:lol:Should be a cracking indoor season!
Click
23-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi Lads,
Don't forget to ask for help when setting all this up:thumbsup:
I love using power tools:lol:
Looking forward to meeting up with everybody again.
All the best
Kevin
Legacy555
21-10-2011, 08:30 AM
I'll be in the Naul from 10.30am on Satuday morning.
All hands on deck!!!
Astroturf needs a load of strong lads to shift it into place
mixer
21-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I'll be there for half ten:thumbsup:
mini_brian
21-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I have to work Saturday, but have cleared a few hours reprieve on Sunday morning. Will call in and lend a hand for an hour or two if needed.
tony6187
21-10-2011, 02:58 PM
im working tomorrow morning but hope to be out after lunch
Click
21-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Can't make it tomorrow but have time on Sunday.
Kevin
MiCk B.
23-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Some photos from today.
It's all taking shape!!
MiCk B. :-)
mixer
23-10-2011, 08:34 PM
It's all taking shape!!
A lot of work done today:thumbsup:, sorry I couldn't be out :( I was told I had to stay at home and see the relatives:thumbdown:
MiCk B.
23-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Yep,
It all took shape today. Hopefully the jumps will be started on this week. Should then leave us nearly finished by next week-end.
MiCk B. :-)
David Church
23-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Looking good guys! Keep up the good work! Good job!:thumbsup:
snige
23-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Looking good lads looking forward to racing :thumbsup:
Legacy555
27-10-2011, 10:53 AM
There is a work night in the Naul tonight (Thurs 27/10) from 5.30pm
and
There is a work night in the Naul tomorrow night (Fri 28/10) from 4pm
Anyone who can lend a hand is greatly appreciated.
Hope to have the place setup for some racing on Sunday :thumbsup:
Mugenextreme
27-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Cya there
Legacy555
28-10-2011, 08:28 AM
There are more setup day pics in the photo gallery on www.dublinmodelracing.com (http://www.dublinmodelracing.com)
Click
28-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Just back from the Naul, all I can say is WOW:thumbsup:
It's absolutely fantastic, best track I've ever seen in Ireland.
Well done to all the lads that worked on this during the week.
Kevin
celticpanman
28-10-2011, 11:40 PM
cant wait to see it
i will have the extra sheets there tomorrow
graham
kartstuffer
30-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Just back after the first days racing at the new track, all I can say is well done to all who spent the last week building it , a great new facility for RC near Dublin.:thumbsup:
The new 210m works!!!!! and the 410 would have, if I tightened the front wheels properly :blush:
We also tried a Tamiya mini and it loved the track as well ,so if anyone is interested in running their minis come out next Sunday and a race and we can organize a championship for them.
Videos of the mini and buggies will be on the website soon.
Click
31-10-2011, 10:12 AM
The track is great. It was worth all the hard work moving that heavy astroturf:thumbsup:
The jump is perfect, tricky enough to get right but not so crazy to wreck cars:D
Kevin
Legacy555
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHC9onAxdsU&feature=player_detailpage
Thanks to Mick O'/Vicky for the video. Definitely more jumps needed :thumbsup:
Iano and I may go out on Saturday morning and sort it out ;)
Really looking forward to debuting my 210 tonight :wub
kartstuffer
03-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Maybe one extra jump for now as the track has a good flow to it as it is, what about a jump and the a banked corner onto the straight??:D
ian h
03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe one extra jump for now as the track has a good flow to it as it is, what about a jump and the a banked corner onto the straight??:D
A banked corner would be nice but not the simplest thing to construct properly. If you have an idea that will work and not cost too much then I'm all ears!
Click
03-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Lads,
I think it would be good to have some mild (Will take note :D) movable jumps.
This would allow the jumps to be repositioned on a regular basis to keep us all on our toes.
I'll give a hand making these, I don't expect others to just magically make them:thumbsup:
Just my two cents.:p
Kevin
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.