PDA

View Full Version : Short Course


simoncrabb
28-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Who's got Short Course trucks?

Mark and I have just got a couple, so we'll get em built up and give them a spin at TORCH sometime.

Wondering if we could get enough for a heat?

lordnikon
28-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Looked into getting one, i think RobW was on about it too iirc ??

Deano577
28-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Me to but not for a few months

ASKay
28-09-2011, 05:51 PM
was thinking about it..... a heat for them would sway me to a definate....

Deano577
28-09-2011, 10:07 PM
What short course truck would be the one to get

simoncrabb
29-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Which truck is the million dollar question... There's so many now, loads of 2wd and an increasing number of 4wd.

Personally I'm going 4wd, they seem a lot more stable on track, the 2wd's look a right handful.

The 4wd choices are:

Durango DESC410R
Losi TEN-SCTE
Associated SC10 4x4
Ansmann X4SC Pro
Hong Nor SCRT10

wylie
29-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Mmm................ more money needed
Losi ten SCTE Floats my boat with Durango a close second.
Would you recommend a 550 or 540 size motor and what about the ESC would the 1/8 size be better or is there a lack of space?

lordnikon
29-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Probably stumping for the ansmann as my other three cars are all ansmann too, just ease of parts etc.

Usual 1/10th ESC combo seems right, 6.5 ot 5.5T for the 4WD also seems the choice weapon.

Chris-S
29-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Mmm................ more money needed
Losi ten SCTE Floats my boat with Durango a close second.
Would you recommend a 550 or 540 size motor and what about the ESC would the 1/8 size be better or is there a lack of space?

The Tekin RX8 fits in the Desc410r: http://lutzinator.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/P1030580.jpg

ASKay
29-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I do like the look of the sc10 4X4

simoncrabb
30-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Sounds good guys, we've got a demo Losi and a demo Durango kit waiting to be built and we'll soon have a demo Associated too.

We'll get these up and running for ourselves to race and for people to have a go too.

Durango DESC410R £280
Losi TEN-SCTE £280
Associated SC10 4x4 £280
Ansmann X4SC Pro £180 !!

Re the Ansmann X4SC Pro - *very* limited availability , snap one up if you want one!

simoncrabb
30-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Re electrics, I hear that 'normal' 1/10th stuff works okay in short course, as long as you run fans on motor and speedo, and expect the motors to take a pounding!

I think that's the easier option to get people up and running.

1/8th setups are safer of course! But big, heavy, pricey, and you can't use them in your 10th cars!

ASKay
30-09-2011, 06:13 PM
edging towards the Durango now...... although i like all the US accesories and extra bits for the SC10 4x4.... its a pimping paradise! (sure they are all useless tho)

hummm power coated roll cage (red).....for adding weight and rasie the centre of gravity :woot: head-lights :woot: spot-lights....

so forgetting all the silly stuff to go with, I am definately interesting in a SC10 4x4, spent most the night watch U tube vids on the thing... looks great fun....

how many ppl do you need to have a heat? 4 or 5 ???

simoncrabb
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
4 should be enough for a heat?

Can we have committee input on this?

RobW
02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
4 should be enough for a heat?

Can we have committee input on this?

Spoke to Steve about SC today and we are both very supportive of running a heat. Would need to be at least 4 though as otherwise marshalling the next heat starts to become a problem.

Would be good if you could get the cars down for a demo as I am sure that would be the best way to entice a couple of others to get one.

If you need a test driver, I'm available:thumbsup:

Rob

Dudders
02-10-2011, 08:42 PM
What about making it a one brand class? maybe even rtr?

ASKay
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
My opinion only...
I am allways put off by RTR as i have never seen a stick version (I may be mistaken here), and also think its fun building them.... therefore being forced for RTR would put me off a little, and would end up stripping it down to re-build it anyway... brands in my opinion maybe too restrictive, and may also loose some personality... also this I would expect would restirct the class further too a smaller number of people, than being simply short course 1/10th.

KW73
03-10-2011, 04:21 PM
I was seriously thinking about getting a short course truck, but i really don't know what one to get!
Associated SC10 looks good but i think that is 2WD, (me and 2WD don't get on too well), Any ideas?

:confused:

Deano577
03-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I was seriously thinking about getting a short course truck, but i really don't know what one to get!
Associated SC10 looks good but i think that is 2WD, (me and 2WD don't get on too well), Any ideas?

:confused:

Associated SC10 d a 4 wd drive version

simoncrabb
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Sold an SC10 4x4 to a club member today.

And we'll have 3 shop demonstrators: Durango, Losi, Associated

The Durango is obviously gonna be mine, and it's lurvely!

I'm excited!

mikeyscott
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Happy to see them running at TORCH, but I won't be in the market for one due to funds.

Clean rubbins racing ;)

Crazy L
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I won't be in the market for one :o:o

Say what now Mikey? You mean there is a car you are NOT going to buy :o

shocking, truly;)

mikeyscott
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
:o:o

Say what now Mikey? You mean there is a car you are NOT going to buy :o

shocking, truly;)

There are many cars I won't purchase or haven't

SteveB
03-10-2011, 06:45 PM
There are many cars I won't purchase or haven't

Lionel

Whatever cars mike doesn't buy I usually make up for it, u need to see what I have in my garage :p

Crazy L
03-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Whatever cars mike doesn't buy I usually make up for it, u need to see what I have in my garage :p

Yup, I bet, and yes, I think I do:thumbsup: lol.

Deano577
07-10-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9eCc9bHfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ASKay
08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9eCc9bHfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player



or.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YHTENkmrmg&feature=related


:thumbsup:

Deano577
08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Dooh

ASKay
08-10-2011, 04:47 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/106979780018922320363/October82011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCO2i1dvpxtyIxwE&feat=directlink

built/painted/finished... need better ESC and motor at some point...

simoncrabb
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the go on yer truck on Sunday, it was AWESOME!

I'm really looking forward to racing these now.

My shells are away for painting, and the builds will continue. I'm aiming to get at least one up and running for Sunday 23rd.

ASKay
11-10-2011, 08:44 PM
No probs Simon... happy too...It was rather nice to have a taster, although it needs allot of tweaking I recon, I have been looking at some set-ups, and have made some changes. I have got it to run lower, and looking at the US set-ups and some of the UK ones, they do run low... (in some cases lower than buggies )

So I have dropped the suspension right down...
Added some mass at the front to get the car into balance, it was right hand and rear heavy...
I have also cut some of the option holes in the rear of the body to stop parachuting...
Also replaced the little tiny SP LPF speedo with the RX8 and Tekin 5.5sc4x motor... (it should fly now!)
Looking to change the springs, but want to try this a little first...

So if you fancy another comparable go this Sunday, then I will try it after.... recon it should be better...

lordnikon
16-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Just looking for electrics on this, would Torch limit us to 2S or 3S lipos in the SC trucks ???

RobW
16-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Just looking for electrics on this, would Torch limit us to 2S or 3S lipos in the SC trucks ???

Given none of the committee run SC and we haven't had any heats yet, probably not appropriate for us to set rules yet.

Be good if the SC drivers could come to some sort of agreement between themselves. Don't know how popular these are going to be but if it is only one heat then you want to be running similar performance for maximum fun?

Rob

mikeyscott
16-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Given none of the committee run SC and we haven't had any heats yet, probably not appropriate for us to set rules yet.

Be good if the SC drivers could come to some sort of agreement between themselves. Don't know how popular these are going to be but if it is only one heat then you want to be running similar performance for maximum fun?

Rob

I have to agree with Rob as I've never raced a SC, never looked at one and to be honest don't plan to.

Simon from RC Lazy might be best to advise?

eyeayen
16-10-2011, 06:30 PM
It would be nice to have some base rules as for those of us who are looking to buy kit, we don't want to buy the wrong stuff only to have to replace it later at an expense to ourselves as the rules won't there when we bought it...

lordnikon
16-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Short course nationals rules ???



General Rules

All cars to represent full size short course trucks
Classes - This series is open to all 1/10th Scale 2wd and 4wd Short Course Trucks
Tyres - Only specific 1/10th short course tyre allowed (2.2” outer bead and 3.0” inner bead). No converted 1/8th buggy wheels.
Body - Only 1/10th short course bodies allowed, with enclosed wheel arches, minimum cut outs and be a true representation of the full size vehicle.
Motor – Brushed or brushless motors allowed either 540 or 550 size.
Batteries - 7.2 volt MiMH or NiCd or 2 cell lipo maximum allowed. Lipo batteries to be charged in a Lipo charging sack.
Bumpers - SCT style front and rear bumpers must be fitted in lines with existing manufacturers trucks
General Construction – car must be constructed / design not to cause personal injury. E.g. no sharp edges, enclosed gears, bumpers to be suitable material such as plastic or rubber.
Speed Controller - Speed controllers with reverse will be allowed, but penalties will be given for incorrect use (see rule 3.4)


Entry

Entry will via this web site or booking in on the day. Priority will always be given to drivers that have pre-booked should a meeting entry be at its maximum.
The entry fee of £5.00 per round per class must be paid on booking in.
Drivers who pre-book but fail to turn up to the meeting without notifying the organisers, may be required to pre-pay to secure their place at future rounds of the series.


Race Rules

Marshalling Requirements

All drivers are required to marshal the race following their own or to agree a substitute with race control.
All marshals to be BRCA members.
Marshals to remain at their posts until replaced
All Marshals to wear a high visibility vest while on the track.


Race Format

All races to be 5 minute duration (plus an allowance for their last lap).
Starts will be based on a grid style. The first round will be determined randomly. The grid position for subsequent rounds will be determined as per BRCA 10th off road rules, based on your finishing position from the previous heat.
Four round of qualifying plus finals for all drivers attending the meeting (weather and time permitting, if 2 rounds of qualifying are completed then the round will count towards the series, if less than 2 round completed and the meeting can’t be rearranged the required number of rounds for the series will be reduced).
Round by round qualifying to be used (2 rounds to count).
Series to be best 5 rounds out of 7 with count back in the event of a tie and for each round 100 available for both qualifying and finals giving a maximum points for each round of 200.


Timing Timing will be with AMB equipment, Personal transponders are recommended although some clubs will have handout transponders available.
Penalties It’s the aim to keep the series a fun and safe event to enter, but penalties will be issued at the race director’s discretion for T-boning, driving the wrong way round the track etc. This will be explained further at the drivers briefing.

ASKay
16-10-2011, 07:05 PM
certainly this is what I would expect to run too......


http://www.ukshortcourse.com/rules.html if anyone wants to look at the website to which it comes from...

RobW
16-10-2011, 07:19 PM
It would be nice to have some base rules as for those of us who are looking to buy kit, we don't want to buy the wrong stuff only to have to replace it later at an expense to ourselves as the rules won't there when we bought it...

If you want to play safe I'd suggest 2 cell lipo and either 540 or 550 motors in line with the national rules Steve posted above.

Having said that, I can't see us turning anyone away because they have the "wrong" equipment given we currently have no drivers at all racing SC.

Little point us setting rules for a class that no-one wants to race though, hence my thought that potential SC racers might want to have some say on the matter??

Rob

lordnikon
16-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Cool, have ordered my ESC and motor (7.5T 550 size) etc and it will take upto 4 cell lipo so should be enough :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RobW
16-10-2011, 08:03 PM
We have a request on the Winter Series thread for a SC heat. We need an absolute minimum of 4 to run a heat and even that is a little difficult for next heat marshalling but given it is a new class we obviously need to help it along.

So how many would be ready for the 30th Oct meeting?

Rob

lordnikon
17-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Doubtful for 30th, but happy to help out marshalling this heat and/or the next to bump up numbers

hotrodchris
17-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Looks like a couple of Clanfield Truggy driver's are looking at getting sc trucks in the near future

ASKay
17-10-2011, 05:55 PM
We have a request on the Winter Series thread for a SC heat. We need an absolute minimum of 4 to run a heat and even that is a little difficult for next heat marshalling but given it is a new class we obviously need to help it along.

So how many would be ready for the 30th Oct meeting?

Rob

30th October seems tight for me (but could make it, if it meant the numbers would be good enough), I need some sensible springs, mine are currently too soft I recon...

ASKay
23-10-2011, 06:16 PM
So some springs arrived from the US of A (pal hand carried them back for me :) ), sorted the speedo motor combo (undergeared before), and essentially ready too go, although i will be racing 4WD buggy next week, so if there is enough for SC then it will have to be in addition...:thumbsup:

wylie
25-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Got mine now, won a HPI Blitz ese as 1st place truggy prize from Clanfield summer series. :thumbsup:
All built now waiting on ESC and some tyres. borrowing a ESC from Mr Magoo with a 8.5t motor, might be a bit slow though!!!!
Not sure on tyre's, I am thinking yellow mini spike on rear and blue mini spike on front not sure, as it's all new me. Any help !!!!!

hotrodchris
25-10-2011, 12:54 PM
you don't need any help Tony glad you built it get some pics of you trackside with it for Apex and Hpi .
looking forward to seeing it going at Torch

ASKay
25-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Got mine now, won a HPI Blitz ese as 1st place truggy prize from Clanfield summer series. :thumbsup:
All built now waiting on ESC and some tyres. borrowing a ESC from Mr Magoo with a 8.5t motor, might be a bit slow though!!!!
Not sure on tyre's, I am thinking yellow mini spike on rear and blue mini spike on front not sure, as it's all new me. Any help !!!!!


So far, tried with Fastrax 'Kourse Kings' and the SC10 4x4 out of the box tyres, both had plenty of grip, but Kourse Kings allow you to cut some spikes off to loose some grip which seems to be the main issue on TORCH astro.....

Still loads of grip and I have lost the 2 outer row and two inner rows of spikes off the fronts...

Avoid open cell foam inserts (I tried HPI ones).... they have completely collapsed, so i am using the proline blue inserts (medium) closed cell foam....

still learning with this.... hoping the spring change is going to make life a little less edgey....currently runing redcuing stearing sensitivity with the TX

Schumacher spikes, have not tried yet... be interested to see if they are a better option....

On dirt it was brilliant out the box, but on Astro it was a little different to say the least...... sure you guys will show the way.... I am very much needing some guidance on this....

M.Andrews
25-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Will there be enough SC for a heat this weekend at the all dayer?. Should be interesting to watch!!.

lordnikon
25-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Still waiting on my electrics so its a big no show for me on the SC front :cry:

wylie
25-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Working I think :thumbdown: also no esc or motor yet, shell not painted :eh?: or wheels and tyre's

simoncrabb
28-10-2011, 06:50 PM
My DESC410R is finished.

It just needs electrics (we've got some Trinity short course motors in...), tyres, inserts and the shell back from paint...

ASKay
30-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Fastrax King Kourse, stiffer front springs, re-programing of the speedo, , and getting more teeth in, all very much an improvement, a little slippy today, but it was getting to the stage of being very drive-able.... although completely at the mercy of random events once airborne...

Underbody is essential, I think i have cleaned the entire track of loose astro, its now on my office carpet if anyone wants it back...without one, I think it needs drain holes, and cast iron covers in the chassis:)

OOOooo and nice to see a 2nd SC doing a tour at the end too....

wylie
18-11-2011, 06:38 PM
HPI Blitz now ready to run will bring it along for a test soon.

lordnikon
18-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Mines built and new wheels/tyres done now also, just a small binding issue to sort on the front and she is ready to rock and roll.

Might bring along sunday for a shake down after heats :thumbsup:

Sshmuttley
20-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Who's got Short Course trucks?

Mark and I have just got a couple, so we'll get em built up and give them a spin at TORCH sometime.

Wondering if we could get enough for a heat?

Hi all, my name's Steve and I popped along today for the first time, luuurvly set up, had a good chat with one of the committee members, (sorry I cant remember his name) mention Short Course and he said you were trying to get SC going, I am a total noooob at RC let alone racing anything but being now 48 years youngish really want to get involved! I've already ordered an HPI Blitz ESE with the new Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT Edition motor and ESC combo :D love the look! Look forward to meeting more of you :thumbsup:

lordnikon
20-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Ran mine for the first time today, Schumacher yellows and it handled quite well. Need to address afew bits and probably put some thicker oil in the shocks to compensate for the weight but all in all a good start :thumbsup:

wylie
21-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Some pics of finished truck, Big thank you to Apex models for giving great prizes
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/scottuk/PICT0103.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/scottuk/PICT0106.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/scottuk/PICT0105.jpg

Sshmuttley
21-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Yaaaay! Blitz ESE turned up.......:D.........nice paint job Wylie...........:thumbsup:

wylie
21-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Cheers :thumbsup:
Wanted it bright so I could see it, (old age) Sshmuttley, you are aware that no wheels or tyres are included in the kit, was recomended to get DE Racing wheels as the HPI one's will strip the hexes out quite easy also the trye of choice will probably be Schumacher mini spike for the astro turf.
Hope this helps.
Tony.

simoncrabb
21-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Mine should be ready for this weekend.

We've got the Schumacher SC mini spikes in stock, in both yellow and blue. And some suitable HPI inserts. Should be ideal for astro.

Not got many wheels though, only TD at the moment for myself! There's too many types for me to get my head around.

Will we have enough for a comedy heat this coming Sunday?

wylie
21-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Not sure I can make this weekend :(

Sshmuttley
21-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Cheers :thumbsup:
Wanted it bright so I could see it, (old age) Sshmuttley, you are aware that no wheels or tyres are included in the kit, was recomended to get DE Racing wheels as the HPI one's will strip the hexes out quite easy also the trye of choice will probably be Schumacher mini spike for the astro turf.
Hope this helps.
Tony.

Hi Tony thanks for the info :) yes I've been researching SC for a couple of months now and decided to opt for a kit, as it will help me understand how the things work! I was wondering about the ProLine BowTie SC M2 Tyres which you can get pre mounted, they get great reviews in the states, bit pricey though :(

thanks again
Steve

wylie
21-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Good tyre for dirt but useless on astro. the only tyre's i've heard will work on astro is fastrax kourse kings and schumacher mini spike/mini pin.
When building the thrust race for the diff go careful not to over tighten as the washer will shatter, also if you have an M3 TAP it's worth cutting threads into the long step screws for the steering assembly as the heads can shear off before they reach there stop point. If theres anything i can help with let me know.

ASKay
22-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Good tyre for dirt but useless on astro. the only tyre's i've heard will work on astro is fastrax kourse kings and schumacher mini spike/mini pin.
When building the thrust race for the diff go carefull not to over tightten as the washer will shatter, also if you have an M3 TAP it's worth cutting threads into the long step screws for the steering assembly as the heads can shear off before they reach there stop point. If theres anything i can help with let me know.


I had alot of grip off the standard kit tyres included with the SC10 4x4, they were pretty grippy too...

Sshmuttley
22-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Good tyre for dirt but useless on astro. the only tyre's i've heard will work on astro is fastrax kourse kings and schumacher mini spike/mini pin.
When building the thrust race for the diff go careful not to over tighten as the washer will shatter, also if you have an M3 TAP it's worth cutting threads into the long step screws for the steering assembly as the heads can shear off before they reach there stop point. If theres anything i can help with let me know.

Thanks very much for the info, still going over the instruction manual so haven't started building yet, thanks for the offer of help! If I get stuck would you mind a few PM's? Do you mean section 14 when you mention the 'thrust race'? There is a bit about over tightening and a warning about damaging a washer?

wylie
22-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes section 14, I broke one of the washers and i'm sure it was not over tightend. they appear to be a bit weak, when I spoke to the shop they told me it was a common problem.

Sshmuttley
22-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes section 14, I broke one of the washers and i'm sure it was not over tightend. they appear to be a bit weak, when I spoke to the shop they told me it was a common problem.


Thanks :)

wylie
23-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Bring them trucks along this Sunday.

Sshmuttley
25-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Just a quick question to all SC drivers, what's the best gearing for a track like TORCH's? I'm really new to RC and would really appreciate any input from experienced SC owners, cheers in advance! :)

wylie
25-11-2011, 06:10 PM
No one's really raced around TORCH, and it also depends on your motor and ESC as to the gearing you'll need. It may pay you to ask in the truck section and state what motor/ESC combo you'll be running.

Sshmuttley
25-11-2011, 07:20 PM
No one's really raced around TORCH, and it also depends on your motor and ESC as to the gearing you'll need. It may pay you to ask in the truck section and state what motor/ESC combo youl be running.

OK cheers, :)

wylie
27-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, we ran our big dumper trucks today and we all gave them a thrashing and some, mine lacked a bit of off-power steering but was awesome to drive, hope to see a few more at TORCH soon.

simoncrabb
27-11-2011, 06:41 PM
My glitching I think is from a change of servo from the last car it was in.

The Hobbywing 150A sppedo used to be teamed with a Savox 1258, it's now with a 1256.

It seems that combo is not good for the Hobbywing rubbish built-in BEC, so one needs to use an external BEC.

An external capacitor can help, but not always...

Worth a try. I've no idea where I'm going to fit a BEC, receiver and PT though...

Stuweatherman
27-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Worth a try. I've no idea where I'm going to fit a BEC, receiver and PT though...

Plenty of room in your big truck mate!! Shock towers are open to mounting something.

ASKay
28-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, we ran our big dumper trucks today and we all gave them a thrashing and some, mine lacked a bit of off-power steering but was awesome to drive, hope to see a few more at TORCH soon.


Big Dumb Trucks are the nuts......

Really enjoyed it, will be great, fantastic when the numbers go up..... suprised at the lap times being done by them, not as much difference as expected....

thinking my motor is not doing the job, so maybe looking for a 'new' replacement (the current one is 2nd hand, and i am suspisious, for a 5.5 SC 550 it does not move as much as I would expect)

Thinking windy days and SC do not mix so good.... :woot:

Hopefully Steve will be getting rid of the gremlins for the next time...

lordnikon
28-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Gutted mine has died, however wheels in motion for replacement ESC and motor. Just need to find £180 this side of christmas now :cry:

wylie
28-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Lordnikon, what car have you got?

lordnikon
28-11-2011, 05:43 PM
ITs the Ansmann X4SC Pro but its now a mish mash of kevlar diff gears, uprated suspension and 1/8th electrics. Pretty sure i know what the problem is, just need to test it and order replacements :thumbsup:

simoncrabb
28-11-2011, 07:13 PM
thinking my motor is not doing the job, so maybe looking for a 'new' replacement (the current one is 2nd hand, and i am suspisious, for a 5.5 SC 550 it does not move as much as I would expect)

Down the straight yours seemed very similar speed to mine.

But I thought mine was way undergeared, the motor was hardly warm after 5 minutes.

What sort of ratio are you on? I'll have to work mine out...

ASKay
28-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Down the straight yours seemed very similar speed to mine.

But I thought mine was way undergeared, the motor was hardly warm after 5 minutes.

What sort of ratio are you on? I'll have to work mine out...


It should be about right, according to the Tekin guy's, however it is not getting hot at all.... maybe take it up a tooth next time first....

I will have to work mine out too....

simoncrabb
28-11-2011, 08:24 PM
It should be about right, according to the Tekin guy's, however it is not getting hot at all.... maybe take it up a tooth next time first....

I will have to work mine out too....

Oh, yours isn't getting hot either?

I'd guess we both need to go up 3 or 4 teeth, never mind just 1!

ASKay
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh, yours isn't getting hot either?

I'd guess we both need to go up 3 or 4 teeth, never mind just 1!


So ran 5 minutes before change today, motor was 53 degrees C, went up 2 to 18 teeth, increased to 76 degrees C....and was much more like it...

Also got a new shell, due to the wing falling off the last one (the wheel arch wing!)
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=742&pictureid=4574

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=742&pictureid=4571

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=742&pictureid=4573

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=742&pictureid=4572

the cutter is great..... highly recommended for anyone wanting to make their own paint-masks...:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
10-12-2011, 12:19 PM
For 2012 I am looking at having SC trucks racing 2nd Sunday of the month etc. As an example

More TBC

mikeyscott
10-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Do Kyosho do a SC .... mmm

Deano577
10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Do Kyosho do a SC .... mmm

They sure do but it's expensive

mikeyscott
10-12-2011, 06:31 PM
They sure do but it's expensive

That's not a prob. :)

lordnikon
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
For 2012 I am looking at having SC trucks racing 2nd Sunday of the month etc. As an example

More TBC

We need a like button just for this post ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am waiting on new ESC but once in then i am up and running again. So hacked off mine broke and i missed the fun :(

jpmatrix
10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, i just got myself a losi xxx sct and seems a nice bit of kit for the money. Also has a geared diff, so no slipping ball diffs.

Seems like everyone is going for 4wd, anyone else got a 2wd truck?

Will there be a seperate 2wd and 4wd heat or just put them altogether? I dont really care it just be awesome to see half adozen trucks flying around the track:woot:

ASKay
10-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Wylie has a 2WD SC truck, and he was doing very well with it at TORCH

wylie
10-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I think we were having more fun than worrying about lap times, i was impressed at how well the 2wd could keep up but i'm sure thats more to do with amount cars (or lack of) and i cut the odd corner that made it look closer :thumbsup:.
2WD is the future though:woot:

jpmatrix
10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'm in for the fun factor more than anything else.

Just of interest, what electrics have you got?


I inquired and I have been advised that 2wd doesn't need a 550 motor and a beefy esc, so im dropping in a 7.5t and the speed passion lpf.

ASKay
10-12-2011, 11:01 PM
have a look at this thread

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87679

.... I did have issues with a 540 in my SC10 4x4, however i did not spend much time trying to resolve it.... basically the motor was overheating...

wylie
11-12-2011, 02:48 PM
I bought an ESC 6O amp + Motor combo of Ebay £60 tap in Inix into Ebay.
It's a sensored system and 8.5Turn motor.
Mr Magoo ran one for quite a while and never had a problem I believe, it looks like an older version of the Hobbywing 60amp!!

MrMagoo
11-12-2011, 02:57 PM
The Inix is a proper system, I believe it basically a Novak Ballistic copy. I still run the motor in my Dex410 with a Hobbywing speedo (only put the HW in cause the Inix was a bit big) and it's very fast!

If anyone's interested the Inix speedo and programmer are up for sale as it's surplus to requirements.

Sshmuttley
11-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I bought an ESC 6O amp + Motor combo of Ebay £60 tap in Inix into Ebay.
It's a sensored system and 8.5Turn motor.
Mr Magoo ran one for quite a while and never had a problem I believe, it looks like an older version of the Hobbywing 60amp!!

Hi Wylie

I'm still saving up for electrics for my Blitz ESE, how are you getting on with the Inix?

Finished the build now! really pleased with it. I'll post some pics. :thumbsup:

wylie
11-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I've only used it once and it worked fine, don't forsee any problems and John's never let him down, if your after a bargain speak or PM Mr Magoo, I know it's well looked after and not had much use.

hotrodchris
11-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Ilve just put a 60 amp inix with their 7.5 motor in my 210 ran it today no issues except that you can't turn the drag brake right off but kept up with the speed passions.
Good value for money combo

Sshmuttley
11-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Ilve just put a 60 amp inix with their 7.5 motor in my 210 ran it today no issues except that you can't turn the drag brake right off but kept up with the speed passions.
Good value for money combo


Another recommendation! Thats good!
Heres a noob question, whats a drag brake?

Sshmuttley
11-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Heres my new Blitz, just saving for the electrics!

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/2001bullitt/HPI%20Blitz%20ESE/DSCF0109.jpg


http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/2001bullitt/HPI%20Blitz%20ESE/DSCF0108.jpg


http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/2001bullitt/HPI%20Blitz%20ESE/DSCF0107.jpg


http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/2001bullitt/HPI%20Blitz%20ESE/DSCF0106.jpg

rob8246
11-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Another recommendation! Thats good!
Heres a noob question, whats a drag brake?

Drag brake refers to the braking force which the speedo applies when you come off the throttle to neutral.
On a tight indoor track more drag brake can be usefull but for Torch as an example I would reduce mine a touch to give a more 'free wheeling' feel to the faster sweeping corners when I come off the power.
Hope that helps.

Stuweatherman
11-12-2011, 07:17 PM
the cutter is great..... highly recommended for anyone wanting to make their own paint-masks...:thumbsup:

Which cutter is that?? And what sort of price are you looking at for it??

eyeayen
11-12-2011, 07:31 PM
You can pick up a Craft Robo cutter for less than £200.

ASKay
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
You can pick up a Craft Robo cutter for less than £200.


http://www.graphtecgb.com/cutters/craft-robo-lite-cc300-21.html

this is the one i bought, B grade, had no issues, still covered by warrenty, only downside it is PINK!... but for under £80...

bargin tho

eyeayen
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
only downside it is PINK!...

You could always paint it, or cover it in vinyl...

Stuweatherman
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
You could if they weren't out of stock!!

So do you use photoshop to make the masks or do you have to use the software supplied with the cutter??

Sshmuttley
12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Drag brake refers to the braking force which the speedo applies when you come off the throttle to neutral.
On a tight indoor track more drag brake can be usefull but for Torch as an example I would reduce mine a touch to give a more 'free wheeling' feel to the faster sweeping corners when I come off the power.
Hope that helps.

Aaah! I see said the blind man! Thanks for that!

eyeayen
12-12-2011, 05:20 PM
You could if they weren't out of stock!!

So do you use photoshop to make the masks or do you have to use the software supplied with the cutter??

Photoshop is no good it works with pixels you need to use a program that generates VECTORS, so illustrator, corel draw or Inkscape, the latter beign completely free as it's an open source program.

You need to be able to draw neat paths with the pen tool (same as the one in photoshop) which the cutter understands.

There are plenty of places you can pick cutters up from, it just depends what you are willing to pay. I bought mine ten years ago, they were about 4 times the price then. More readily available now though so it's even easier for people to get them and use them at home.

colmo
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Photoshop is no good it works with pixels you need to use a program that generates VECTORS, so illustrator, corel draw or Inkscape, the latter beign completely free as it's an open source program.

You need to be able to draw neat paths with the pen tool (same as the one in photoshop) which the cutter understands.

I find the Trace Bitmap function in Inkscape endlessly useful - it allows hand drawn or printed material to be scanned in/photographed and transformed into a vector graphic. Great for nicking logos - I look forward to doing my tongue-in-cheek Lidl-sponsored touring car shell....

eyeayen
12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I look forward to doing my tongue-in-cheek Lidl-sponsored touring car shell....

We could have a cheap skate race - Tesco Value, Asda Smart Price, Waitrose Essentials and whatever the sainsbury one is too. :thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

colmo
13-12-2011, 12:01 AM
We could have a cheap skate race - Tesco Value, Asda Smart Price, Waitrose Essentials and whatever the sainsbury one is too. :thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

The crowning glory of which would be the car declaring that "Mums go to Iceland" (and no, not the icy one with the volcano).

Poundland would be an oxymoronic sponsor for all RC classes save one - Mardave bangers :D

ASKay
13-12-2011, 04:21 PM
my pal is doing a Marmite car, some will love it, some will hate it....!

wylie
05-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Any new short course racer's attending on the next all-dayer?
Not sure yet whether i can make it yet.

JabberingJimbo
05-01-2012, 10:19 PM
I might be there if the weather is to bad for some dirt action :cry:

ASKay
05-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I will be there with my BDSCT, hoping there is enough of us...

Do we really need 3 or 4 rounds of qualifying for SC???? I would prefer more racing action, less timing action..... :woot:

Id prefer 1 round of qualifying and then 3 finals....

lordnikon
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Will be there with the CORE, will test before hand to make sure it works this time aswell :thumbsup: lol