PDA

View Full Version : TLR springs lb/in ratings?


Cardnim
29-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Any of you Losi peeps know what the TLR Spring ratings convert to in lb?

eg. are the "2.3 rate - pinks" the same as 2.5lb Schumachers?

Thanks all! :thumbsup:

steveproracing
29-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Losi spring rates are quoted in lbs
Ie a pink spring is 2.3lbs.
Losi springs are usually very accurate aswell

Cardnim
29-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Ahhh ok Steve, I understand now.
I was jsut being a bit thick :)

Thanks for the info mate - and yeah, Ive heard only good things about the Losi springs.
RC Lazy say that they are selling quite a few to the Schumacher drivers... so I think Im going to go ahead and order a set as the Schumacher ones are flipping expensive!

Thanks again chum - much appreciated. :)

steveproracing
29-09-2011, 04:40 PM
If you do then u need the tlr shock bottoms as well.
This is due to the spring seats being the same diameter as the rest of the spring (unlike the schumachers)
All this is presuming that we are discussing the big bore springs. If not then forget this post!! He he

Cardnim
29-09-2011, 04:49 PM
lol. Yeah mate, its the big bores. :)
Cheers for the headsup about the spring seats - I had also heard that the Yokomo ones coul dbe used as these help with the length issues?
Does that sound right to you?