View Full Version : SC10 geared diff
leelar
29-09-2011, 03:55 PM
can one of these be fitted in a X6 squared as i am a bit lazy and do not have alot of free time to sort things out
dancoog
29-09-2011, 04:45 PM
No, the gear diff will not fit the x6 transmition case due to width. We would require a whole new transmition case.
sparrow.2
29-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Not just a new gearbox casing. The whole back end of the chassis would have to be redesigned to acommodate the wider diff also.
YoungChazz
30-09-2011, 03:01 AM
The big thing is that nobody races the gear diff. Nobody. AE Team drivers put ball diffs in their SCs.
colmo
30-09-2011, 02:48 PM
The big thing is that nobody races the gear diff. Nobody. AE Team drivers put ball diffs in their SCs.
Like the OP, I'm not a team driver nor ever likely to be, and will be trying a gear diff in my mid-motor (a c4.1, but the principle is the same).
Some commentary on the gear v diff debate:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67096
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66118
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59495
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53946
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34374
Generally the most positive comments came from drivers on high-grip astro or carpet, least positive (including YoungChazz) came from dirt drivers. My gear diff is for a very high traction track, so I think it's a safe enough option.
SpeedyDad
30-09-2011, 11:46 PM
I read all the above links and the question I have is are any of the top drivers consistently racing with a gear diff and winning with it? I see a bunch of guys trying them but no real statistics.
Nic And
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I have raced both on my old B4 (before it convert to Xfactory)
If you race on a very high bite open track gear diff is better (but not much)
Everywhere else ball diff is faster and easier to drive
If you plan to race gear diff try harder oils 7k to 10k
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.