View Full Version : losi xxx cr manual
bigred5765
19-07-2006, 03:44 PM
i couldn't find it any were, so just spent a short while scanning it in to abode acrobat, i know someone will want it, hope this helps its all there from front to back enjoy.
http://www.hobbytec.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads
Nicolas Petit
20-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Nice !
At Petitrc.com we have done a manual & setup sheets database since few years.
Do not hesitate to use it and for any setup/manual that you want to add, it will be a pleasure to add yours.
Everybody are welcome.
Kind regards,
Northy
20-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't you think Losi will be a little pissed at this? :confused:
G
They release their manuals online, so just someone beat them to it, they should be more on their toes.
bigred5765
20-07-2006, 10:16 PM
but thats the whole point, when they release them its free to download, it isn't on line, people need it as most want update there Bk.s. and without the manual its hard to no you got it right, and when losi do release it I'm sure it will be better than my scanned version, why would they be pissed ??
bigred5765
20-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Nice !
At Petitrc.com we have done a manual & setup sheets database since few years.
Do not hesitate to use it and for any setup/manual that you want to add, it will be a pleasure to add yours.
Everybody are welcome.
Kind regards,
help yourselfs feel free to use my version i see no problems
jimmy
20-07-2006, 10:18 PM
If Gil wants me to take my JRx2 manual off line, he will have to wrestle me for it. If it helps people its all good ! :)
bigred5765
20-07-2006, 10:20 PM
well said jimmy i cant see anyone having any probs its not like it isnt free when theres is available
Northy
21-07-2006, 07:04 AM
Fair enough jimbob.
hickston
21-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Theres an addendum missing from the scanned version which I dont think you've included..I dont have a scanner, but basically, Step D-02 is
Install the Differntial with the Diff Nut towards the motor Plate
The diff ring shims installed in the previous step are optional. if you choose not to use them (see setup guide), you must install two additional smaller diff shims on the outside of the diff before installing the diff into the gearbox case. NOTE YOU MUIST RUN AT LEAST TWO OF THESE SHIMS AS SHOWN.Phew. I followed the first point and basically it makes adjusting the diff even more difficult than before. (or maybe I should read the rest of the manual).
Ta
Stu
bigred5765
21-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Theres an addendum missing from the scanned version which I dont think you've included..I dont have a scanner, but basically, Step D-02 is
Install the Differntial with the Diff Nut towards the motor Plate
The diff ring shims installed in the previous step are optional. if you choose not to use them (see setup guide), you must install two additional smaller diff shims on the outside of the diff before installing the diff into the gearbox case. NOTE YOU MUIST RUN AT LEAST TWO OF THESE SHIMS AS SHOWN.Phew. I followed the first point and basically it makes adjusting the diff even more difficult than before. (or maybe I should read the rest of the manual).
Ta
Stu
its in the normal manual page 12
hickston
21-07-2006, 06:17 PM
hmm, (scurries for manual). Page 12 in my copy is StepE-01 (shock assembly). Oh well, maybe they have slightly different versions of the manual depending on when it rolled off the shop floor.
*Edit* Just checked my copy against the version in the first post. They are the same, however, this is an extra addendum which is just on a piece of A5. It shows a similar diagram, but has then extra shims on the outside of the diff and the text from the previous post.
Ta
Stu
bigred5765
21-07-2006, 09:59 PM
hmm, (scurries for manual). Page 12 in my copy is StepE-01 (shock assembly). Oh well, maybe they have slightly different versions of the manual depending on when it rolled off the shop floor.
*Edit* Just checked my copy against the version in the first post. They are the same, however, this is an extra addendum which is just on a piece of A5. It shows a similar diagram, but has then extra shims on the outside of the diff and the text from the previous post.
Ta
Stu
yeh i no what ur saying i have seen the adendum but the same info is on page 12 of my scanned one
hickston
21-07-2006, 10:24 PM
arrg, do we run it forward, or backward???
I've posted on Chris Dohety site, because I'd really rather not trash the diff in 1 day :/
http://www.doughtyuk.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=1578
I can live with a new car. I'll test both (BK2 & CR) on the day. Whatever runs the best gets the vote.
It's just a bit annoying that the (to describe the manual) setup 'SUPER DIALLED SETUP' from the manual is a bit erm, misleading
Ta
Stu (and now I've got hiccups :/)
bigred5765
22-07-2006, 09:42 AM
super dialed set up would be ace. if we had tracks like the yanks to run the car on, go to doughty.net and get his xxx cr set up its a good starting point,and it will pull to the right on bald tyres on tarmac,
YoungChazz
22-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I have not studied the xxx-CR manual closely, but I much prefer the old format. The verbiage + drawings were ace. We tried to follow that format, but had to use photos as drawings are expensive. Losi's new format, while cheaper to produce, is not as good, in my opinion.
The above said while writing a manual!! LOL
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.