PDA

View Full Version : RC Drag racing in the UK


Rootz
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Hullo all,

I've not introduced myself but anyway, here I am. Me name's Andy. I'm mainly into RC car speed records. Ya know the kinda thing; Cramming an 8th setup into a 10th tourer and seeing how fast it'll go. BTW, the current record is around 175mph.

I've been getting interested in RC drag racing recently and wondered if anyone knows of any RC drag meets going on around the country. I know there's one at Santa Pod, organised by the VW Action people but I'm wondering if there's anything a little more regular.

Anyone know? If there isn't anything, is there anyone who's interested in starting something up?

Cheers,

R:woot:tz

benjy
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
i dont realy like real dragsters as i think a car should be able to go around a corner lol. but some reason would like to watch rc ones, seen them on youtube ect, was ther not a club that used santapod

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=649754&page=1

Rootz
02-10-2011, 12:14 AM
i dont realy like real dragsters as i think a car should be able to go around a corner lol. but some reason would like to watch rc ones, seen them on youtube ect, was ther not a club that used santapod

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=649754&page=1

Yeah. I heard that. Well, I've got a nice one on its way so I'm looking for someone to run against.:thumbsup:

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l603/TimSmithRacing/JCD%20speed%20run%20chassis/th_Picture017.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l603/TimSmithRacing/JCD%20speed%20run%20chassis/?action=view&current=Picture017.jpg)

BTW, that's not it but it is what it'll look like.

Cheerz!

R:woot:tz