View Full Version : New Committee
coleman758
13-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey Guys,
Just a quick heads up, I know its never really been made clear who the club committee is. So after last nights AGM this is the line up.
- Darren Wales (Chairman) -- Dwales1
- Roger Wood (Treasurer) -- The Race Controller
- Simon Divanzo -- Sicoe
- Rob Mills -- Robm (I think thats his oOple ID)
- Matt Coleman -- Coleman758
- Mike Powel -- Minke
If you have any Problems/Suggestions/Query's we are the guys to speak too. Hopefully we can carry on pushing the club forward!
Cheers!
captainlip
13-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Problem number 1....
Minke? :woot: god help us all which his trackside advice :p
Cr3Ad
13-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Ok guys last night agm rodger asked for a up to date poster flyer what ever you call it so just threw this together tonight give me you thoughs and views plus any changes after all this will be promoting the club lets get it the best it can be
[/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/bmrccbanner.jpg/]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5329/bmrccbanner.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/bmrccbanner.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
tisher
13-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Thats topdraw pal:thumbsup:
Darren Wales
13-10-2011, 07:56 PM
We may need to tweak the wording before we look to distribute, plus we are moving into the winter series which will be indoor, so we could either produce one for winter or one that combines the two.
great work though pal.
it is really great how so many are getting in on the idea of promoting the club further. :thumbsup:
Darren
Cr3Ad
13-10-2011, 08:04 PM
cheers i will say that the wording bit isnt the best part for me, the graphics i can do tho. the banner is mainly for the outdoor track but il can try 1 for the indoor one to
Darren Wales
13-10-2011, 08:11 PM
your right there, you can do graphics. :thumbsup:
Howler
13-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Nice work Chris. It'd need to be for 2012, since we'll be indoor until then.
minke
13-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice job on that poster, would have liked to see a 3 wheeled 'rango in there though :D.
Looking forward to the outcome with the council. The negotiating angle of our national standard track needing actual matching facilities, the overall positivity of getting what we need and not settling for what we have was great. The new venue sounds good too. I've never been there, but if there are any pics of the site taken that would be nice.
Currently working on trying to sort out race steward hi vis vests and hi vis marshall vests for the kids. Keeping them safe and organised has been something thats been needed for a while.
The race controller
13-10-2011, 11:02 PM
There must be about 25 vests down at the track.
A carrier bag full in race control and those in the lockup.
Si Coe
13-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes, but they all fit me, so will drown a small child!
Minke is getting kiddie sized ones.
minke
13-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Cool, the only ones I've seen were the bulky tabard style ones.
The Bod
13-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Cool, the only ones I've seen were the bulky tabard style ones.
Ikea do children sized Hi-vis vests in yellow, green or pink, for the girls (or Minke) :p
Si Coe
13-10-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd be careful - I've just handed Minke the keys to mod-hood......
budfish
14-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Looking forward to the outcome with the council. The negotiating angle of our national standard track needing actual matching facilities, the overall positivity of getting what we need .
I know you all mean well but you really haven't got a clue as to national standard there's only rob on the committee with a f grade.
There arent racers at bury metro just blokes who want a bash about and free child care on a Sunday afternoon so what facilities do you need?? Some cots and a couple of nannies I reckon
Bury metro is a laughing stock there's no discipline or track sense with the current group of bashers who attend.
There's only you lot taking yourselfs seriously while the others laugh at the way things have gone the lunatics truely have taken over the asylum!!
Hope it all works out lads I truly do and I look forward to racing at goshen again soon
Buds
minke
14-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Facilities such as -
Parking and track access
Water and electricity
Toilets
Rostrum location
More efficient track barriers
Still reading my folder, looking for where it says you need to have a good F grade to run a club. The AGM was very positive, everyone there had ideas on how to make an expanding club in a very healthy position better
BMRCC
14-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Bury metro is a laughing stock there's no discipline or track sense with the current group of bashers who attend.
Buds
That's all going to stop.
I think the new committee will work well, A good mix of new and old people should really push the club forward.
We are in a meeting at the moment with the bury council regarding better facility like the parking, Like the electricity.
I would like to point out only a few members were at the AGM, if people don't like the new committee maybe people should have made the effort to get to the AGM.
budfish
14-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Facilities such as -
Parking and track access
Water and electricity
Toilets
Rostrum location
More efficient track barriers
Still reading my folder, looking for where it says you need to have a good F grade to run a club. The AGM was very positive, everyone there had ideas on how to make an expanding club in a very healthy position better
I wouldnt expect you to understand mike it was only last year you was turning up not even to race but to just have a cheeky bash with your nitro monster truck on the track in between rounds and quite honestly being a nuisance. Look how far you have come now your mother must be so proud:wub
Look at the pm sent to me by a sponsored driver and used to be a regular:-
I must admit though that the high level of driving isnt there anymore. The new commers seem to be doing as they like too! I'm off to Batley this Sunday, they've gone indoors now. Should be a good meeting. Are you doing Chadderton?
Understand now mike ???
So wipe the spit from your mouth and don't take things so personal my odd little friend
Buds
minke
14-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not taking anything personally, but you are always being negative when the opportunity to have your say has passed.
You should also get your facts straight about my nitro stuff. I used my 1/10 Hpi MT2 once on the track for a heat and my 1/8 HPI savage NEVER went on the track, just bashed around the field and those cars were only brought when I first started. Nobody asked me to stop and I would, of course, if asked
As I've mentioned, I think there should be a safe and better structured environment for the youngsters who turn up regularly. Thats what I'm looking to improve.
coleman758
14-10-2011, 12:10 PM
This doesn't need to turn into another heated discussion.
That was another point in the AGM.
The clubs has had issues this year yes, But the club is in a good position.
Roger had done a damn good job, but hes getting pulled in all directions, With the new committee we are going to try and spread that load more.
and lets have an even better 2012, SO leave the negativity.
woOdy
14-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Ok guys last night agm rodger asked for a up to date poster flyer what ever you call it so just threw this together tonight give me you thoughs and views plus any changes after all this will be promoting the club lets get it the best it can be
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5329/bmrccbanner.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/bmrccbanner.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Now I have nothing to do with the club now can I start charging the club for using my car in your pictures?:woot:
woOdy
14-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Nice job on that poster, would have liked to see a 3 wheeled 'rango in there though :D.
Looking forward to the outcome with the council. The negotiating angle of our national standard track needing actual matching facilities, the overall positivity of getting what we need and not settling for what we have was great. The new venue sounds good too. I've never been there, but if there are any pics of the site taken that would be nice.
Currently working on trying to sort out race steward hi vis vests and hi vis marshall vests for the kids. Keeping them safe and organised has been something thats been needed for a while.
Talking about National tracks, I have spoken to the Reps of BRCA and they say you will never have a National again.
Howler
14-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Now I have nothing to do with the club now can I start charging the club for using my car in your pictures?:woot:
Only if you've copyrighted it :p
budfish
14-10-2011, 12:42 PM
That's all going to stop.
I think the new committee will work well, A good mix of new and old people should really push the club forward.
We are in a meeting at the moment with the bury council regarding better facility like the parking, Like the electricity.
I would like to point out only a few members were at the AGM, if people don't like the new committee maybe people should have made the effort to get to the AGM.
That sounds a bit condescending I am a member and this is the bury section so do not talk down to me. Due to work commitments ie starting at 2am the following day I couldn't make it so I'll say i my piece on here instead after all this is a forum and that's what they are for as for hiding behind bmrcc well done!!:D
minke
14-10-2011, 12:54 PM
You could have emailed Roger with any issues you wanted to raise, or asked someone who was going to the AGM raise something on your behalf.
coleman758
14-10-2011, 12:55 PM
It was me... That account was setup for people speaking from the club, I'm not trying to hide :eh?:
It wasnt meant to be condescending, I wasn't even aiming my comment at you Dave just in general.
I think the new committee can only be a good think for the club.
budfish
14-10-2011, 01:15 PM
It was me... That account was setup for people speaking from the club, I'm not trying to hide :eh?:
It wasnt meant to be condescending, I wasn't even aiming my comment at you Dave just in general.
I think the new committee can only be a good think for the club.
I also think the new committee is a good thing and all seem very pro-active and each will have a different skill set to bring to their specific roles.
As for negative comments show me one???
I voiced my opinion on the direction the seems to be going in to me and I get my jumped on by people using their role on the committee to put their opinion forward as more factually correct than others.
Look at my first post do you disagree?? And if you do does that mean I shouldn't post it ?
mattb
14-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I also think the new committee is a good thing and all seem very pro-active and each will have a different skill set to bring to their specific roles.
As for negative comments show me one???
I voiced my opinion on the direction the seems to be going in to me and I get my jumped on by people using their role on the committee to put their opinion forward as more factually correct than others.
Look at my first post do you disagree?? And if you do does that mean I shouldn't post it ?
The one about minke haveing spit round his mouth was slightly negative!
budfish
14-10-2011, 01:31 PM
The one about minke haveing spit round his mouth was slightly negative!
It depends which way you look at it! Id prefer a gob full of spit than a dry mouth:thumbsup: so it's a positive in my eyes
Talking about National tracks, I have spoken to the Reps of BRCA and they say you will never have a National again.
Just out of curiosity... why?
budfish
14-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Just out of curiosity... why?
I'm a little teapot
Short and Stout
Here's my handle
Here's my spout
When I see the teacups
Hear me shout
TIP ME UP AND POUR ME OUT!
BMRCC
14-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Talking about National tracks, I have spoken to the Reps of BRCA and they say you will never have a National again.
Sorry but that is just rubbish.
Never is a very long time, longer than any BRCA rep or club chairman can determine!
Not in the foreseeable future - that I can believe, but never is too far.
For a start - BMRCC isn't really one thing. Its a group of members and a track, both of which are by their nature fluid. At present, our track lacks key facilities, we had holes in the organisation and some rowdy members. So no, I wouldn't give us a National either.
BUT
We have a new team in charge, we are upgrading the facilities, and our membership is growing and developing all the time.
In short our only real connection to the old BMRCC is the name.
If we address all the issues presently barring us, then the BRCA will have to consider any application ON MERIT. Their charter simply does not allow anything else.
Admittedly I doubt the North West would get two Nationals, so the only way we'd get one is by being a better venue than Southport, which is a tall order, but it is plainly and simply NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
As for the rest:
There is no point those who did not attend moaning. Yes not everyone can make it, I get that, but several who couldn't asked others to present their views, so if you didn't do that its your problem. Besides, some of those people had recently prior to the AGM claimed they were quitting anyway!
We are a club, and as such we are funded and driven by our members. ALL OUR MEMBERS, old and new. We have a lot of new members. This might upset some of the older members, but the truth is if 2 or 3 of them decide to go to Southport instead its a price worth paying if we gain 10 new regulars in their place. I rather we didn't lose anyone, but since you can't please everyone all of the time, I'll opt for most people most of the time.
This club is not the exclusive playground for a small group of people and they need to stop acting like it is.
BTW Nobody is 'hiding' behind this account (Its Si this time) - its been created for moderating this section.
Now I'm locking this thread and want to hear no more of this.
If you have no useful positive contribution to make to this club GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.