View Full Version : What Brushless
Right then i'm on thelookout ofr a brushless system to use in 4wd but am stumped on what to get my choices are either the LRP Sphere or the Novak GTB anyone out there got any views.
Southwell
18-02-2008, 11:44 AM
LRP is the better speedo but Novak do better motors imo. I have gone LRP speedo and Novak motors personally.
Which of the LRP's did you go for?
Southwell
18-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Sphere comp 2007 Tc spec, although in 2wd you don't 'need' the fan.
you could always go for the Tekin R1Pro and a novak or lrp motor, pm Kev Lee or Spenner for more info, then there is no need for a heatsink or fan, and thats in 4wd.
SiR_Dave
18-02-2008, 11:57 AM
LRP is the better speedo but Novak do better motors imo. I have gone LRP speedo and Novak motors personally.
X2.... Same here... LRP for the Speedo and Novak for the Brushless Motor... I tend to prefer the Light series ones:wub:thumbsup:
Another one thrown into the mix nice one Steve Lol.
The main thing pulling me towards the lrp is the Warranty
Southwell
18-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Ive gone 6.5light in 2wd and 5.5R in 4wd.
millzy
18-02-2008, 12:13 PM
gaz mate, i ran novak all year well good , motors are brill ...and then i ran the Nosram..it was much better
I also ran the R1 in dcm 4wd car and that was very smooth
Out of the 3 the nosram was my fav
RogerM
18-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Another vote for LRp speedos and Novak motors here
Whats happening Chris long time no see how you doing.
Am i right in thinking nosram are rebadge lrp's
SiR_Dave
18-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Am i right in thinking nosram are rebadge lrp's
;) pretty much..
millzy
18-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Whats happening Chris long time no see how you doing.
Am i right in thinking nosram are rebadge lrp's
mate its chris mills not chris long lol!!! sorry
Yeah if you want a red one get nosram if you want blue get lrp thats it.
think (i could be wrong) nosram is cheaper??
Any way I told southwell to get lrp / novak and hes well happy and hes well fussy about power
Northy
18-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, and the red ones are cheaper :thumbsup:
G
SiR_Dave
18-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes, and the red ones are cheaper :thumbsup:
G
I wish they were cheaper in my neck of the woods:thumbdown::cry:
rcracer
18-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Whats happening Chris long time no see how you doing.
Am i right in thinking nosram are rebadge lrp's
mate its chris mills not chris long lol!!! sorry
Yeah if you want a red one get nosram if you want blue get lrp thats it.
think (i could be wrong) nosram is cheaper??
Any way I told southwell to get lrp / novak and hes well happy and hes well fussy about power
Think he meant " long time no see " ;)
millzy
18-02-2008, 12:41 PM
He Knows who I am dude DW
rcracer
18-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry Mr Long :lol:
Southwell
18-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I ran mine in in a xx4 indoors and it came off after a 6-7 min run pretty much cold, the motor was only just warm.
Right then got the speedo sorted had a lrp tc off big red, just ned to sort a motor now any recomendations?
Wraggy
18-02-2008, 07:45 PM
if its for 2wd then i would go for the Novak 6.5l seems alot of people are going that way including myself ..
ashleyb4
18-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I like the peak performance motors and now there aer some new versions coming out which are meant to be even better.
A
Forgot to say sorry it's for 4wd
_sleigh_
18-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Nosram all the way... For 4WD I'd opt for the 5.5t or maybe the 4.5t if you need insane speed.
Wraggy
18-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Nosram all the way... For 4WD I'd opt for the 5.5t or maybe the 4.5t if you need insane speed.
Phil does the 5.5 come sintered now or is it still bonded ???:thumbdown:
Micha_MX4
18-02-2008, 08:03 PM
my 5.5t X11 is bonded, wife got it out of customs today
So what are the equivalant's as far as winds go with the motors such as 5.5 is same as_____ and so on
Southwell
19-02-2008, 09:11 AM
5.5 your looking at a 9ish, 6.5 around an 11.
_sleigh_
19-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Phil does the 5.5 come sintered now or is it still bonded ???:thumbdown:
As far as I know they're still bonded, although there are now 3 different sintered rotor to chose from as an upgrade to any current bonded motors you may have. 14mm / 13mm / 12.5mm
Tried a 13mm rotor on Sunday and it was simply awesome. :thumbsup:
grindog
19-02-2008, 09:53 AM
hi phil, are the motors legal with the sintered rotor for competition use?
As far as I know they're still bonded, although there are now 3 different sintered rotor to chose from as an upgrade to any current bonded motors you may have. 14mm / 13mm / 12.5mm
Tried a 13mm rotor on Sunday and it was simply awesome. :thumbsup:
Northy
19-02-2008, 10:00 AM
hi phil, are the motors legal with the sintered rotor for competition use?
Yes, there is a rule change to allow you to run the rotors.
G
_sleigh_
19-02-2008, 10:02 AM
What he said :D
As long as the replacement rotor adhere's the dimensional requirements and is from the same manufacturer as the original, then it's should be OK (that's the rough gist of the rule)
Have a look on the Electric Board section of the BRCA site, there's a document for the Brushless rules on there somewhere.
chris_dono
19-02-2008, 10:38 AM
just to throw another one into the mix here. I'm using a Speed Passion 6.5 and it's been great so far.
DaveG28
20-02-2008, 01:37 AM
As far as I know they're still bonded, although there are now 3 different sintered rotor to chose from as an upgrade to any current bonded motors you may have. 14mm / 13mm / 12.5mm
Tried a 13mm rotor on Sunday and it was simply awesome. :thumbsup:
Does anyone have any part numbers for the rotors? Tempted to try sintered in my LRP. Which of those rotors is most like 5.5?
Billy
20-02-2008, 03:58 PM
As far as I know they're still bonded, although there are now 3 different sintered rotor to chose from as an upgrade to any current bonded motors you may have. 14mm / 13mm / 12.5mm
Tried a 13mm rotor on Sunday and it was simply awesome. :thumbsup:
Where did you get this info? I've looked all over the net and couldn't even get close! A link would be really appreciated!
Many thanks!
Wraggy
20-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Where did you get this info? I've looked all over the net and couldn't even get close! A link would be really appreciated!
Many thanks!
Phil is a Nosram Driver , his info is in his head so he should know these things ..
Richard Lowe
20-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Where did you get this info? I've looked all over the net and couldn't even get close! A link would be really appreciated!
Many thanks!
Here you go - http://www.mirageracing.co.uk/catalogue/NR,ECMA,CBRR,,, :thumbsup:
The sintered rotor you get in the 4.5 is 14mm, the smaller rotors give less torque and more RPM.
millzy
20-02-2008, 04:06 PM
phils into keeping things hush hush (if you read the other threads:):) ) so Nosram are prob hush about the sinterd/bonded rotor of there motors to stay inline with its driver
-------------------------------------
Phils also been using lrp stuff for as long as i remeber so take what he says as the truth
super__dan
20-02-2008, 04:09 PM
phils into keeping things hush hush
Kula Shaker?
millzy
20-02-2008, 04:29 PM
more Joe South
Billy
20-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I LOVE YOU GYS! Don't get me wrong though! I think I'll put an order at Mirage sooonnn!!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.