View Full Version : racing 23/10/11
martin so16
18-10-2011, 10:38 PM
whos comeing down this sunday then for a spot of racing ? :thumbsup:
ASKay
18-10-2011, 10:39 PM
hoping too, all being well, although i may have to trade if for a pass for the winter series
MrMagoo
19-10-2011, 06:39 AM
I'll be down to do some set up work on the 2wd ready for the 30th.
Stuweatherman
19-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Won't be down as its the 1st round of the Chippenham winter series, but hoping to make it down for the 1st round of Torch's winter series next weekend.
jpmatrix
19-10-2011, 09:28 AM
I'll be there with the Durango.
MrMagoo
19-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Did you get to the bottom of your thernalling issues? I should have the HobbyWing box and laptop with me on Sunday...
hotrodchris
19-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I'll be there and probably Stuart in the juniors
swords
19-10-2011, 05:07 PM
i may be down if i can get my car sorted in time for sunday, only issue is that my 12v is kaput :( any one got one i could charge from??
Deano577
19-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm in looking forward to it, mr magoo can you set up my hobby wing because I have the Same problem with mine
jamiekerr14
19-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I will be there weather permitting...may be my R's last outing :thumbsup:
MrMagoo
19-10-2011, 08:54 PM
i may be down if i can get my car sorted in time for sunday, only issue is that my 12v is kaput :( any one got one i could charge from??
I'll have my monster leisure battery you can clip on to Jon.
swords
19-10-2011, 09:01 PM
nice one mr clarke hope to see you all on sunday then!
jpmatrix
19-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Did you get to the bottom of your thernalling issues? I should have the HobbyWing box and laptop with me on Sunday...
Yes John. It was the speedo that was causiing the motors to overheat. I gave it to Rob W and he said there was some really old firmware on there that could only be the reason for the problems.
all updated now and I have installed it in the Durango and gave it a test run for 6 minutes on grass and it didnt thermal. So fingers crossed all should be ok.
What settings have you got on your durango with the turbo options?
MrMagoo
20-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Can't remember, but will will hook the box up and down load them on Sunday.
jaywestwood
20-10-2011, 07:11 AM
be down if warm and dry
mikeyscott
20-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Can't remember, but will will hook the box up and down load them on Sunday.
John are you using 119 mod software?
jpmatrix
20-10-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm in looking forward to it, mr magoo can you set up my hobby wing because I have the Same problem with mine
Did you get your hobbywing from Giantcod rc?
Didnt know you have got it installed already. What problems did you have?
Just for reference, the firmware that was originally installed was V1.10_090205_mod which was giving me all the thermal issues thats if it was the cause:confused:
I have now got V3.0_110119 mod. I just hope this sorts it out.
hotrodchris
20-10-2011, 04:35 PM
i may be down if i can get my car sorted in time for sunday, only issue is that my 12v is kaput :( any one got one i could charge from??
Might be persuaded to let you clip onto mine Jon
Deano577
20-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Hello James yep got it from giant cod , installed it in the b4 with fan and every runn the motor was hot as and I the end he motor got fryed new one on order.
See you Sunday, I'm gonna give the 4wd a bash
MrMagoo
20-10-2011, 07:06 PM
John are you using 119 mod software?
Running 110323STOCK in 'Rango Mike, have been all summer and it's a missile, even with a cheap 6.5T motor in it, plus no thermalling issues. Hat's off to Mr Dibble for the settings, he gave me a great base and to be honest I've only tweaked it a little bit.
Will be trying the same in the X2C with a little less turbo on Sunday to see what that's like...
markatharding
20-10-2011, 08:41 PM
even tho i had lots fun last week im at chippenham and then working the following weekend but wii do my best to make it their soon
swords
21-10-2011, 03:44 PM
will there be any tyres/wheels available trackside?? do rc lazy usually bring some stuff??
MrMagoo
21-10-2011, 05:15 PM
will there be any tyres/wheels available trackside?? do rc lazy usually bring some stuff??
Hope so, need some BB pink an green 2wd rears...
makinwaves
22-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Ordinarily we'd be there guys but we both have family commitments this weekend. Sorry no shop tomorrow.
If people are desperate for things in the future we'll always try and get it to you on Sunday. I'm only down the road so happy to bring orders up for people but will need a bit of notice to pick up the stock from Bournemouth.
Enjoy the racing!
Mark
swords
23-10-2011, 02:27 PM
first time ive raced leccy for ages today and have to say really enjoyed myself, track has certainly improved hugely since i last raced and has some airtime now too, although i would like even more features!! thanks to the TORCH crew for a good day today. and see you all next week for the all dayer
TARTMAN
23-10-2011, 04:26 PM
is next sundays meet a longer one?
Or is this a different venue?:thumbsup::confused:
mikeyscott
23-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Torch and all day
TARTMAN
23-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Will try to make it then.....
Cheers..:thumbsup:
Thanks to all who came today. Good weather, some good racing and some breakages, so all in all another good mornings racing. I did note Tony seemed to enjoy his first outing with the 2wd X6. Probably quicker then his 4wd due to being well tuned by Mr Taylor. :thumbsup:
Hope to see you all at the 1st race of the winter series next week.
Dan
MrMagoo
23-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks to all who came today. Good weather, some good racing and some breakages, so all in all another good mornings racing. I did note Tony seemed to enjoy his first outing with the 2wd X6. Probably quicker then his 4wd due to being well tuned by Mr Taylor. :thumbsup:
Hope to see you all at the 1st race of the winter series next week.
Dan
I enjoyed the amount of repect Mr Scott was paying to someone else's car:lol:
mikeyscott
23-10-2011, 08:00 PM
I enjoyed the amount of repect Mr Scott was paying to someone else's car:lol:
Lol. Respect for a car??? Regardless of ownership I didn't think that would come into it. By the time MK gp it'll be back to normal!
Deano577
23-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Yep good mornings racing thanks to dan,Martin,Jon,jay and James for all your help with my car
Looking forward to the all dayer..
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.