PDA

View Full Version : Mex 210??


styleone
19-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Jonathans sig says 'AC Mex 210' a clue to the next project me thinks? Any thoughts guys? I know 210 parts are due....but what else if anything?...discuss :)

tyreman
19-10-2011, 10:02 AM
A new chassis plate??

styleone
19-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Towers in red carbon? :)

joker
19-10-2011, 12:35 PM
carbon chassis with saddle pack lay out?

OldTimer
22-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Ah you must mean this ;) will look at a alternative saddle chassis if the car needs it.

http://www.nortechracing.com/ac/images/mex210_1.jpg

styleone
22-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Ah you must mean this ;) will look at a alternative saddle chassis if the car needs it.

http://www.nortechracing.com/ac/images/mex210_1.jpg

Brilliant!! :) Jonathan....it needs some dark blue custom wheels? ;)

OldTimer
22-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Not with a bright yellow shell :lol:

lcpvcce
22-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I posted it in HK rc-forum already hahahaha......:D

Link here :http://bbs.rc-evo.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233870&extra=

mattybucks
22-10-2011, 12:40 PM
The standard front shock tower has the ball joint is standing up, however with your tower the ball joint is sideways. Will this or does this have an effect on handling?

OldTimer
22-10-2011, 12:43 PM
The standard front shock tower has the ball joint is standing up, however with your tower the ball joint is sideways. Will this or does this have an effect on handling?

There is more chance of the ballcups ballstuds binding, i plan to use some longer out ballstuds with some shims so the angle is reduced and this will reduce any binding.

The plus side is you have a far great range of adjust this way around.

mattybucks
22-10-2011, 12:47 PM
There is more chance of the ballcups ballstuds binding, i plan to use some longer out ballstuds with some shims so the angle is reduced and this will reduce any binding.

The plus side is you have a far great range of adjust this way around.

I see, what about using some of the cougar angled ball cups?

OldTimer
22-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Yep thats another option.

Andyp
22-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I see, what about using some of the cougar angled ball cups?

what about the ones used for the rear links on the 210

Edit; scrap that idea they go the wrong way!

styleone
13-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi Chaps,

Just re-igniting this thread as I am interested to hear who has gone MEX on their 210's? Whats the feedback for those who have AC'd up their Rango?

Cheers folks :thumbsup:

Alan Reeves
25-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I love mine! I'm not a good enough driver to be able to tell you anything technical and I've only done a few laps with an alloy chassis anyway but it looks amazing... there are some pics of it in my profile! :thumbsup: